Chaos Strategy Rating - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSM Strategy Rating

Hi, I recently purchased the most recent edition of the Codex Chaos Space Marines and nowhere therein can I find the army strategy rating. Anyone care to enlighten where this is found?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would tell you what it is but i can't but i will tell you it's in the 40k rule book.
    It doesn't think, it doesn't feel,
    It doesn't laugh or cry.
    All it does, from dusk 'till dawn,
    Is make the soldiers die.

Commander Cyrus's Black Legion. W1/D0/L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Page number?
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

The strategy rating table is on page 80 of the main rules book. Chaos has a strategy rating of 2.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, my rule book is in storage for the moment.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Its only 2!!?!?!?!?!?

C'mon now, did the designers think about the different cults?

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I though it was odd as well, seems to me like Alpha Legion, Night Lords, and Thousand Sons would have 3 or so.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by «hô*šÞìkë18»
    I though it was odd as well, seems to me like Alpha Legion, Night Lords, and Thousand Sons would have 3 or so.
    I think I'd break it down like this

Alpha Legion- 2
    -Nothing too different here. If anything, they would be easier because of their vast amounts of cheaper infiltrating.

Black Legion- 2
    -Vanilla. Can have ANYTHING.

Death Guard- 3
    -These guys lack of heavy weapons and have higher points costs. Thier benefits (Manreaper anyone?) somewhat make up for their loss at long range, but its all determined by who you are playing.

Emperor's Children- 3
    -Nothing too bad here. Thier massive amounts of fire power brought on by the sonic weapons evens out their higher points costs and lack of a decent Cult Daemonic Weapon. A smaller favored number is tougher to deal with against hoarde armies and doubling it can be difficult to manuever.

Iron Warriors- 2
    -Long range fluff, but also has access to closer range troops. These guys really don't have any benefits or downsides, it all is determined by your own playing style. Lots of tanks and heavies can get expensive, but you will almost always out shoot your opponent and still have decent numbers..

Night Lords- 2/3
    -I gave these guys one point higher if you play they with a lot of fluff. A decent Raptor squad can run you over 300 points and 5 bikes around 240. On the flip side, you can use them without droping tons of points into fast attack, thats where the rating of 2 comes into play.

Thousand Sons- 4
    -Thousand Sons puts the CULT in DIFFICULT. Highest cult point costs with no special or heavy weapons on basic troops makes for one hard army to play. The low numbers and lack of anti armor does not equal an extra wound. Their best anti-armor is a spell, even though it has the range of a bolter, it can be cast several times with the use of thralls.

World Bearers- 2
    -Pretty straight forward. They like to use lots of troops and have access to a 4+inv. save for their ICs. Not too different from a vanilla army.

World Eaters- 3
    -These guys are a bit off balanced. They are geared towards close combat and thats about it. WE, IMO, are organized chaos. You can periodically lose control over them but they will always go straight for you opponent. Which in some cases, is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I think they should stay at 2 (and 1 for world eaters! ). The legions ultimately fight more like armies - fighting whatever battles are required as part of the grand plan.

The armies with rating 3 (Imperial marines and Eldar) are strike forces primarily. They attack specific objectives on their own terms rather than trying to fight the overall war.

Chaos has its hands tied by trying to capture and hold vast swathes of ground - this is rarely an issue for Imperial Marines or the Eldar.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Ya, I would bump alpha legion to 3 because they operate a lot like marines, but other than that 2 sounds right for Chaos marines.

Remember 2 is pretty good, there are a lot of army is running on 1's. Also stratigy rating isn't a big deal, it doesn't come up too often, at least not in the circles I play in.
    It is kinda wierd though that LatD can out Stratigy rating Chaos though with their d3 rating. On average they're they same, but can be higher or lower. . .
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast