Sweeping Advance? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweeping Advance?

I encountered a situation yesterday, and got to thinking. This is relevant to Chaos in this way. My death guard are fearless thus meaning they wont fall back and can't be sweeping advanced. I was losing to my cousins orks and I wiped 2 seperate 8 and 10 men squads ,respectively, by sweeping advance because of his horrible I value. This swung the game in my favor. anyone else think this is a little overpowered? let me know your thoughts. I may also be using this wrong... I understand that when one side falls back, you roll d6+ I value and if the attackers is greater than the retreaters they are destroyed? is that correct? thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

yes you are correct. The thing is he must have been very unlucky to fail mob up and Ld test. Its not really overpowered as people tend to not run away in 40k. You need to outnumber them hugely until there Ld is low enough to fail and then you actually need to win combat.

I think sweeping advance should be kill 1 model per model in the advancing unit.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

The Deathguard are amongst the toughest of the tough so you shouldn't be surprised

Just remember that, even though they are fearless and won't turn and run, if you're beaten in close combat, you can still take extra wounds. I think it's in the main rule back under the 'no retreat' section.

But definitely, fearless is an attribute which is not to be sniffed at (painfull memories of 8 Space marines being butchered by 4 Seraphims due to unlucky dice ^_^
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

lol you'd shiver at what my lone howling banshee has swept aside in her lifetime.

Once my brothers librarian killed 1 howling banshee to win combat. He then swept 5 rangers, 5 hawks, 4 banshees, 3 warp spiders. Squished by a wraithlord next turn. (and yes I know my eldar army has nothing to do with the chaos forum.)

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, I'm not 100% sure, I don't have my rulebook with me, but I'm pretty sure you can only sweep one squad at a time.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Tau_Commander
    Um, I'm not 100% sure, I don't have my rulebook with me, but I'm pretty sure you can only sweep one squad at a time.
    That is true.

Fearless units are quite powerful, but remember if they lose combat and are outnumbered they may suffer automatic wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

lol damnit. I thought if I lost combat he could sweep anyone that ran for it. Ah well I wont make that mistake next time. Thanks for that.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

+ Reply to Thread