Bezerker Glaive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bezerker Glaive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bezerker Glaive

I have a few questions about the bezerker glaive and if it will be effective in my army.

First off I would like to double check this, it says in the codex "doubles the base number of attacks on his profile". For my lieutenant, would this be 7 (=3*2+1), or 8 (=3+1*2)? I believe it would be 7 attacks because it doubles profile first then add the attack from MoK second.

Second, would you rather place a bezerker glaive on a lord or lieutenant? My current lord is statured demon prince with demonic flight (I know he can't have it), and my lieutenant just has MoK, the glaive, feel no pain, and essence. My theory is that the other player will focues his attention on the demon prince since it seems the bigger threat. Will this work?

Third, as I said my lieutenant is only equipped with the MoK, the glaive, feel no pain, and essence for a total of 120 points. This makes him a (relatively) low cost HQ choice but is it worthwhile?

Thanks in advance,
    grand master

"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by grand master
    First off I would like to double check this, it says in the codex "doubles the base number of attacks on his profile". For my lieutenant, would this be 7 (=3*2+1), or 8 (=3+1*2)? [B]I believe it would be 7 attacks because it doubles profile first then add the attack from MoK second[b].
    Exactly. Doubling of stats is always done before additions, so it'd be 3*2+X, where X is whatever bonuses you might have from things like Mutation or the MoK or whatever.

Second, would you rather place a bezerker glaive on a lord or lieutenant?
    Check out the Chaos Gifts Tactica I wrote awhile back. It has the two best set ups for using the Glaive. I'll summarize though - use either Stature or Terminator Armour. If you go with the Lt, use the Termie Armour. The Lord can be a toss up, with the Stature being safer with the increased toughess.

Third, as I said my lieutenant is only equipped with the MoK, the glaive, feel no pain, and essence for a total of 120 points. This makes him a (relatively) low cost HQ choice but is it worthwhile?
    Drop Essence. Waste of points on a Lt. Just makes them a gimped Lord. Give him Termie armour instead and Deep Strike him near your enemy lines. Can even use a Teleport Homer if you're worried about Scatters. And instead of FnP give him Daemonic Strength. A strong offense is the best defense. If you like, you can even slap Furious Charge on him and let him wound MEQ on a 2+ on the charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this for my lieutenant: MoK, Bezerker Glaive, Demonic Strength, Terminator Armour, and Feel No Pain. It is a total of 140 points. I still took FnP because my friends play Tau and Guard. I don't want him to be wasted by all those pulse rifle or lasgun shots even with a 2+ save. Is this 140 points for the lieuntenant justifiable?
    Last edited by grand master; June 17th, 2006 at 04:25.
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Illegal. Can only have 50 points of Daemonic Gifts, and you're taking 60.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still darkly muttering about the fact i can no longer take the glaive with any movement bonuses. Ah well i guess i'll just have to sulk:shifty:
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

+ Reply to Thread