Decisions, Decisions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Decisions, Decisions.

Hello again everyone,
    I am trying to decide what to buy for my chaos army next.

I currently have: 1 Lord, 1 Liutenant (Why can i never spell that...), 4 Autocannon Havoks, 2 Missile launcher Space marines, 16 Bp/Ccw Marines (Two with P-Fists), 12 bolter marines and 5 raptors (No special weapons, asp champ with P-fist/Bp)

My opponents are: Tau, Dark Angels, Orks and Tyranids.
    None play many tanks (though the tau player may be starting an Imp-Guard tank company soon) And my main problem is those darned broadsides. I'm thinknig of getting some more marines (Maybe about 10 more for now) but i dont knw what else to get.

I will have about £30 Sterling (About 55.50$ American) to spend and i decided (As usual) to check with everyone here before i started buying.

Any idea's are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

~R1p70r~

Last edited by Riptor; June 18th, 2006 at 18:06.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defiler perhaps, or maby a predator.

~Zartas, first angel to fall from the grace of heaven
    Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Why are broadsides your problem if you have no tanks?

Id say get bikes and daemons.

DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by R1p70r
    5 rapors (No special weapons, asp champ with P-fist/Bp)
    That's the first thing you'll want to fix. Eight men strong, at the very least. With at least two special weapons. Usually people go Meltas, but in your case I think 2x Flamers would be extremely helpful. Also, if you can manage it, I'd see about swapping out that Powerfist for a Power weapon. Not a big priority if it's already modeled.

What you have now is pretty solid. Which legion are you playing again? Black Legion?

I wouldn't go with Vehicles until you were ready to field multiples of them. The Defiler is an exception since you can IDF it, and it'll be nice to have against all of your opponent's armies, with the exception of the Armoured Company.

Personally, if I were in your position, I'd see about getting the Raptor squad up to full strength, then spending what I had left on a Oblit (or two if you can get a good deal). While not cheap, they make for excellent additions to any non-cult army.

+ Reply to Thread