why no traitors? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why no traitors?

Why do not many people get traitors? I've had a check through some of the recent army lists and can't see any at all. I know the alpha legion can get cultists, I've seen a few with them, but it's so un-fluffy not to have traitors! The traitors are one of the biggest armies in the galaxy, if you play battlefleet gothic and chaos marines, you can see almost all of the ships in battlefleet gothic are traitor ships so it's very unrealistic to have traitor ships but no traitors. Also you can get some really cool models, I use steel legion models for my IW traitors. I really think that the lost and the damned should be made into an actual army list, at the moment I use the rules for traitors in the witch hunters codex.

I'm not saying you have to get traitors (maybe this sounds a bit stupid from what I've been saying but seriously you don't have to), but I definitely think they are a very good idea. What are the normal troops in most CSM armies I think are elites most of the time in most chaos armies - say, the black crusade. (is it called that? how embarrasing, I seem to have forgotten.)

I'll be hoping to see some traitorful armies sometime soon...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Thing is, in a legal army, trators are not a choice. Most people (Like me) use 'trators' as normal chaos marine rules. And not all armies from chaos rely on the (The 9 main legions spring to my mind.)

No offense but this is a stupid argument that doesnt affect you either way. I personally hope this gets closed soon.

Have a nice day.

~R1p70r~
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The reason is that chaos space marine armies can't have traitors at all. It specifically says in the witch hunters codex that chaos armies can't include traitors and mutants from the adversaries list even when fighting witch hunters, let alone at other times.

As for lost and the damned (the 'black crusade' list from eye of terror) they're still a fairly poor option there since you have to take a full squad for your basic troops choice. A full squad of 15 is far too big for an effective unit, so most lost and the damned players I've seen use mutants to beef out their core choices and maybe take a few traitors on the side.

The best way to represent a traitor army is to use Imperial Guard rules.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 20th, 2006 at 21:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by pro_necron
    Why do not many people get traitors?
    Because they're not an option except for Alpha Legion and Lost and the Damned. LaTD don't use them because they're expensive and ineffecient, and there are some AL lists that do use Cultists.

If you want a fluffy Traitor army, either make a LaTD list, or use Imperial Guard rules and model them chaotic.

Closed Thread