Terminator/ Deamon EC army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Dasqueek-Master Assassin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminator/ Deamon EC army

what do you guys think about an emperors children list kinda like this one (no idea on points, cause i dont have my codex in front of me)

deamon prince- Dread axe, personal icon, teleport homer, daemonic stature, flight, aura, mutation, strength, combat drugs, doom siren, mark of slannesh
    Lieutanant- pair of lightning claws, terminator armor, daemonic mutation, strength, doom siren, combat drugs, mark of slannesh
    5 man chosen terminator retinue- 2 sonic blasters/ pw, 2 blastmasters/ chain fists,champion- sonic blasters/ pw, daemonic mutation, strength, combat drugs, all have mark of slannesh, icon

6 Chosen Terminators- 3 sonic blasters/ pw, 2 blastmasters/ chain fists,champion- sonic blasters/ pw, daemonic mutation, strength, combat drugs, all have mark of slannesh, icon
    6 Chosen Terminators- 3 sonic blasters/ pw, 2 blastmasters/ chain fists,champion- sonic blasters/ pw, daemonic mutation, strength, combat drugs, all have mark of slannesh, icon

6 deamonettes
    6 deamonettes

Defiler- indirect fire, extra armor
    Defiler- indirect fire, extra armor

What do you think, how well do you think it would fair?
    any constructive critisism is welcome:yes:

PEACE AND CHICKEN GREASE!!!!!

-Dasqueek-Master Assassin
    W/ L/ D
    Necrons-38/ 7/ 2
    Black templars- 6/ 0/ 0
    Eshin-40/ 4/ 0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few pointers:
    Your demon prince has well over 100 point of demonic gifts, about 135,
    The retinue for your liutenant can only have one blastmaster as special and heavy weapons are only allowed for every 3rd chosen in a specific armour type, so seeing as you only have 5 you can only have one blastmaster,
    You can only have one unit of chosen terminators that don't act as retinues, so you have one too many.
    Seems like an ok list but you have too many points tied up in too many expensive units. Noise marine terminators are good but I find an emperor's children has better shooting and melee options better used for one sole purpose rather than having an expensive jack of all trades. Also your demon prince will get eaten alive by enemy fire before you make it close enough to use that dreadaxe, if you insist on stature you should really consider demonic resilience and maybe speed to get him into combat quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Wow. Normal armies are troops with an HQ stuck on. But yours is HQ with some troops stuck on!
    There’s potential there, although with the units that you specify the point cost is going to be horrendous, and you may be dragged down by sheer numbers.

Also, army lists should be posted in the army list sections
    And if you want someone to generate a list with units you want in it, the try the sticky thread started by Zartas.
    (Jeepers, I must be his PR man or something).
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It's interesting.. but I think you'll find it a bit repetative. That and, like all nemesis armies, the result is basically decided the second your enemy whips out his army list. You can't really be tactical with a list like this.. the tactics are just too limited.

That, and that daemon prince is unlikely to survive turn 1. He's going to get the firepower of an entire army in the chops unless you manage to position him well.

That and if you're taking an EC army don't take more than one chainfist per squad. Taking any more is just saccrificing your biggest advantage, and a single chainfisted terminator has a decent chance to tearing up most armour anyway.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 21st, 2006 at 14:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Something like that is going to be upwards of 2000, and how much will you be facing if your opponent fields a real army? A lot. Your DP is rediculously weak despite being very expensive. Have you not heard of the terms "sod's law" and "small arms fire"?

Also, those chosen not made into retinues form one unit. You can have 3 units, but 2 of them have to be retinues with any more forming a single unit by themselves.

So, other than the DP and the 2 defilers, you have nothing on the board. Usually, this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but you don't exactly have that much in reserve waithing to turn up either. Bearing in mind that all the terminators can do the turn they arrive is shoot, that poses a rather big problem. That's if they turn up at all. If a 1 turns up for your lieutenant and his squad that's a lot of points down the pan. Do you really want to challenge the dice gods? Personally, I wouldn't.

There's nothing wrong with using chosen terminators. You just have to have something else to give your army some presense. You have 33 models, but thats gotta be about 2000 points worth of 33 models. Guard armies can fialed 250+ in that size game, and how are you gonna wade through that many foot soldiers in maybe 4 turns at best?

Maybe try for a list that's heavily occupied by daemons, rather than chosen terminators. Try Word Bearers rather than Emperor's Children. That way you can at least have a decent number of them. Leave 1 Chosen Terminator squad there by all means, drop one of the HQs (You really don't need 2 of them unless you can't physically manage to fill the points anywhere else) and maybe some havocs instead of one of the defilers. Maybe then it would look loike an army, but for now I dislike the idea.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scion what do you mean by "You can only have one unit of chosen terminators that don't act as retinues"?
    Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Check the elites entry.
    Chosen take up 1 elite slot and can be split between a retinue and a squad of their own. The codex states after describing retinues, ‘..Additionally, a single unit between 5-20 may be fielded…’
    There’s nothing else in their entry that says any more units can be used.
    This would mean Scion is quite right in advising he can’t have more than 1 separate unit of terminators.
    There’s probably nothing wrong with the actual number, but they have to go around in one big group.

Naturally, if I’m wrong them someone please tell me, but that’s my understanding of it.
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Karmoon I believe you are right on this front.

Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've checked it out and saddly your right.

~Zartas, first angel to fall from the grace of heaven
    Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

To be honest, I think that rules they have regarding Chaos Terminators is a bit unfluffy.

Sure, it suits WE and the like down to a tea. However, I honestly think organised legions like Alpha Legion and the like would still have a massive presence of terminators.

Naturally, Legions don’t have the same make up as chapters, however, I would assume that Alpha legion would still have something along the lines of a First company full of terminators.

It would make Chaos far too good as it would give us far too many options, however, I think it’s unfluffy that some Chaos Legions can’t field an entire army of terminators which they would be able to.
    In the same way I think it’s unfluffy that Chaos drop pods and don’t have any official rules, when Chaos Space Marines are still top notch military and would blatantly use them.

But, we get obliterators and possessed and daemons and marks to get an amazing variety. It’s not totally realistic (for an imaginary world…) but, I guess it approaches something called fair…

ok rant over.
    LO Rules

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast