Mutants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mutants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mutants

What is the best way to build mutants?
    I have seen a mutation sprue, but is it still avaliable for single order?

A friend suggested using orc sets and adding mutations and such, but as I remember there was a WD issue addressing this. If you know the issue please note that as well. I am looking for a cost effective/plastic way to do this as I will be building quite a few.

I have thought about beastmen, but I would prefer a mix of models.

*Fart* "Keep talking sir, we'll find you!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Yes the mutation sprue is available for bitz order.
    http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...ItemNav=301806

I don't read WD any more so, sorry, I can't help you there.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The chaos space marine box set comes with the mutation sprue. So for 25 bucks you can have 8 mutants(PossessedSpaceMarines). If you just want to add mutaions to you leaders, I would still suggest buying the box because then you have another squad in for your army with the bonus of mutation acceessories for your leaders.

Also, if you know someone with tyranid parts, they work very well.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

there are quite a few things to consider before you start making your mutants and the first should be wether or not you want them to have any "not-mark"mark as a such would give them a certain look.
    I would also like you to think about their fluff before you start building (if you are a fluff-person that is) as that too can make quite a difference. Are they civilians honouring Nurgle or are they fallen guards honouring Khorne?

I did build some mutated Orks a while back and they are great models to work with. the mutation sprue fits them much better then the Chaos Space Marines IMO.

Now I have however changed my mind again and am building guards that has fallen for the might of Tzeentch. Have not gotten very far though as I have problem with finding a good head...

If you want "vanilla" mutants I would like to recommend you to use the Orks however as they are an intimidating lot, give them human heads if you wish and paint them skincoloured instead of green and you'll have a nice and cheap army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

i mix of the mutation sprue, imperial guard sprue, chaos marauder (fantasy battle) sprue and zombie sprue will give an excellent yield.

Zombies and IG give good value for sheer amount of bodies. If you have any spare Tyranid bits about these will no doubt help.

Just be creative and all that
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can actually use mutants in your force? or is this the lost and the damned?
    Wanted: Uriel Plagespew, Nurgle Daemon Prince at large!

I.G.'s want him because he has blown up one leman russ, killed 20 guardsman, turned a comissar into a chaos spawn, and just wreaked havoc
    "You've not seen the last of me!"

Hellhounds are good tanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I don't know of another force that uses mutants than LaTD.

I've also seen mutants made from the catachan models.
    They are good and muscle-bound guys and that's the way I immagine mutants in general.
    heck. you could even use a mix of ork and catachan guys to make a mish-mash looking guys. Because isn't that what mutants in this game are?

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Oh, and the Empire militia sprue has some good parts too. Some that are great for Mutants and others that will make you traitors look really good...or evil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I used a mix of catachan, marauders, and skaven with a bunch of mutation sprues: worked great for me. The skaven where a little small, but I had fun with it. Catachan & marauders mix well together, my traitors are made out of them too. (as are my entire IG army.. . .)

Basicly mix and match parts from a bunch of things, use lots of mutation sprues, and be sure to get some good non-human elements and you can't go wrong.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by JORMAGI
    I used a mix of catachan, marauders, and skaven with a bunch of mutation sprues: worked great for me. The skaven where a little small, but I had fun with it. Catachan & marauders mix well together, my traitors are made out of them too. (as are my entire IG army.. . .)

Basicly mix and match parts from a bunch of things, use lots of mutation sprues, and be sure to get some good non-human elements and you can't go wrong.
    Exactly! the more Eff'd up they look the more like mutants they appear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast