need help chooseing between 2 cult armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help chooseing between 2 cult armies

iv ben torn betwen a death guard army and a slaanesh army....i got some pros and cons down for both

Slaanesh

PRO:
    -1I
    doom siren
    fluff

CONS:
    low squad number
    no oblits =(

Death Guard

PRO:
    5T
    crazy amounts of plasma
    5T termies(!)

CONS:
    no heavy wepons

and i even made i list of each

Slannesh (1850 EC list)

Death Guard (1850 Death Guard list)

the point im trying to get to is i cant decide on wich army to make becouse ill only be able to make one list and i need your help for me to decide....im going to be gone for the weekend so i cant post for a wile but ccan u guys try to convince me on whice army to play?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

If you plan to do terminators, do DG. If you want nice Havoc squads I'd go Slannesh with da blastmasta! DG Havocs are okay in that they become troop killers, as tank hunters it gets hard with that 12 move but they are like to take down any thing. Slannesh Termies are okay but its harded to use that -1I with no advancing sweep.

Your choice man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play an infiltrating DG army and like it very much because it forces you to really think about where to place your squads. The T 5 is very useful and will prove to be very valuable several times. I have had no experience with Slaanesh so I can't comment.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Looking through your list, you seem to be on a good track with your slannesh list. I posted some comments on it. It looks a little too much like a black legion list with extra, inefficient marks of slannesh thrown in for me, but it's definately getting there.

I have little to no experience with death guard. I haven't even played against them, though I was right next to a player in a massive multiplayer store game once, but just looking at the two lists I think your slannesh one has the potential to be much more competative. It doesn't hinge on the terminators so much, which I feel can only be a strength.

Noone can make the decision for you though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo Cresil you say low numbers for slaanesh but you realise you can take 12 troops in a unit and it still counts as being slaaneshs mystical number (its 6 or a multiple of 6 like 12)
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also some food for thought. Slaanesh Terminators put out a TON of shots per term and strike with power weapons at Inn which is nice with their warp scream ability

+ Reply to Thread