From Khorne to Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Khorne to Nurgle

I recently started to collect a WE army, which I’m still in the early stage of building. But after I’ve read these boards through (more or less) and spend more time on looking over the Chaos Codex, I’m starting to like the Death guard army a lot more. Both for the fluff and the tactic of the army is a lot more appealing to me then that of the WE army. So I have a couple of questions I hope I can get answered, by some of you guys.

1. I got 12 berzerkers painted and ready for battle, their colors are a base of Gore red which has been highlighted with Blood red. The edges of the armor have been painted with chain mail silver and all of it has received multiple black washes. So my question is, would it be possible to somehow add a few colors to make them look more like Death guards marines and if yes, which colors and how? Or would it be a big no no to use them as DG marines? Its just because $30 is a lot of money to throw away so I hope that somehow I could use the berzekers in a DG army.

2. My wife got me a DP for a couple of weeks ago and I had planned on using him in a WE army. Now sine I’m hoping to change the army to a DG, will he still be useable? Because most of the DG armies I’ve seen don’t use DP’s at all. So if its stupid to use a DP in a DG army, could he be used as a greater demon instead or is that a big no no and you need the real figure for that?

I hope some of you got some ideas, because I would hate to have wasted money on my mistake with army choice and I wouldn’t want to explain to my wife why im not using the DP That would be even worse then the $30 for the berzerkers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Well I've collected both World Eaters and Nurgle in my past, and I can see why you like them both!

In answer to your first question - doubtful. Considering most of the Berserkers have running legs, it seems unlikely that it could cross to Death Guard....could you ever picture a Plague Marine running?

Secondly, Of course! why shouldn't you have a daemon prince? Daemon princes are great, but, the best Nurgle armies usually have lots of men. A daemon prince usually costs in at around 200 points, which is very pricey for a single model.
    But if you're still in doubt about how a daemon prince would fit in with a Death Guard army, simply look at what Chaos got for Medusa V - A Nurgle Daemon prince! ^_^

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a fantastic conversion of the standard DP model into a Nurgle DP. The guy had attached the torso to a giant slug body modelled from green stuff. The head and arms were from the original model but he replaced the big sword with a giant scratch-built scythe. Very cool conversion.

Bummer on the berserkers. They're not really suitable DG IMHO with the running poses, chain axes, and all that. You could sell the squad on Ebay and finance your first box of death guard. Since they're already painted (and especially if they're painted well) you may be able to recoup.

--JD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I don't know, with a little creative conversion, I think the berzerker's legs would go well as a DG conversion. You could model guts flying out and whipping everywhere, since DG are ground pounders, they probably need to hustle sometimes to get to where they are going.
    And, just because the legs CAN be running doesn't mean they have to, you could position it so the model is staggering forward too. It would take a fair bit of GS work to make the appropriate conversions. It would depend on what is more important, money, time or creativity, that's how I balance whether I do a conversion or not.
    Take my Daemon prince of nurgle, that thing is a Labor of love, I've put in over 30 hours of work on it in moulding alone(and its still not done), but it was more important for me to be creative over cost or time so I was willing to put the work in.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

For those berzerkers, what you can do for the fluff is take a cheapy Undivided lord, giving you the ability to take two different marks in the same list and then take a Nurg lieutenant (would this make the DG become troops?) Then paint the Berzerkers with a little pestilence, and voila, Berzerkers in a Death Guard Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to play a pure death guard army then you won't be able to take khorne berzerkers, and it's the same with pure world eaters as well so no plague marines.. Although there's nothing stopping you from doing a nurgle/khorne army, which could be mainly either khorne or nurgle (you decide) with the other cult troops as elites.

S.I.
    If you notice this notice then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply's

I think I'll just need to stick with WE, since I wouldn't be able to use berzerkers as DG's. I was just afraid that WE would get boring very fast, since its a very one way kinda army.

And yes, I can't spend a lot of money on this game atm. Since GW knows what to charge for their products, $30 waste on figures would be to big.

EDIT: Would a Khorne Nurgle army be a good idea? might make up for boredom I see in WE, with both some shooting and CC.. Khorne DP, nurgle LT with a pack of Termies and two other nurgle unites as elite choices?
    Last edited by xarosh; July 7th, 2006 at 00:13.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Of course.

Have the nurgies lay down supporting fire while the Zerkers rush forward.

Easy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Khorne-Nurgle is my Black legion theme.
    Nurgle Lord, with Khornate Lieutenant(fluff makes them brothers)
    Infiltrating death guard backed up with squads of berzerkers.
    Its a very fun list.
    AND you get access to oblits and raptors(I consider a must in any BL army)
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing around with a 1850pts Khorne/Nurgle army and pondered if 5-6 Nurgle termies is worth it.. and if it is, should one just start with them on the temple or try to infiltate/teleport etc them in?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast