Emperors Children HQ choices. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperors Children HQ choices.

Hi

I will be starting a Chaos marine army soon. I've been looking at the codex and have decided i wanna go for a shooty Slaanesh list. Because this is my second army im a little more interested in having something unique, and a little less interested in having something competetive. I have come up with the following lord, lieutenant, and Chosen terminator squad choices.

Chaos Lord

Mark of Slaanesh
    Bike w. meltagun
    Lightning claw
    daemonic aura
    combat drugs
    spikey bits

Lieutenant

mark of Slaanesh
    kai gun

6 Chosen Terminators

mark of slaanesh
    3 powerfist
    sonicblasters
    1 uprgaded to Champion with
    Powerfist & CC weapon
    combat drugs
    spikey bits

Any glaring problems with these choices?
    Also what is the smallest size army that you would feild all of this in? a 1000pt. list? 1500? 2000?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it looks good to me, however, it reallly depends on the rest of your army. Personally, I'd think about not using termionators, as they are really expensive and getting more troops instead. Also, this thread should probably me moved to the army list forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

consider giving the kai gun lieut. some wings and a power weapon.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt use termies in an army under 2500 or so, 2000 at a push.

My ideas... drop the termies and the leiutenant. Get a couple of noise marine squads (4 sb & 1 bm or 5 sb, ac with pw and d.str) and some dancing girls (deamonettes). Your lord can turbo boost and drop the ladies off, with your squads giving devent covering fire.

Remember, the Dark Prince's biggest gift is Warp Scream - dont use p.fists!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ #1
    I like using lord or lt. on bikes, they are nice. I would almost always take the darkblade over the lightning claw though. Im at work so no codex but i think they are righ at the same points cost. I would almost always take +2 Strength over rerolling to wounds. But thats just me, you may not agree.

If you find you need to cut points on him you could always drop combat drugs &/or spikey bitz.

I ran a lietient with only darkblade, daemonic aura and bike and had a good deal of sucess. for only around 125pts ish.

HQ #2
    I like the simplicity of the kiagun/lietant. I have also ran this before to add heaver shooting to my squads.

TERMINATORS
    Terminators i would maybe run in 2000pts, i personaly have a squad of 6 outfited similar to yours, just less upgrades on the A.C. more weapons.. 4x sonic blasters, 2x reaper autocannons, 4x powerweapons, 2x power fist. This seams to be a good mix of just about everything for me. If you want to use them for fuff or just for fun, go for it. Plus they can deepstrike and shoot the heck of out things the turn they come in.

However i would suggest not deepstriking them, but run them forward 6" a turn mowing down anything in their way. This has seamed to work better for me.

SHOOTY EC ARMYS
    I would say that a shooty EC army is hard to get to work right. But i would suggest to do so you must skimp on your HQ and terminators.

The Best Advice I Can Give Any EC Player
    (And This Holds Doubly True For Shooty EC)

In my game playing and looking at succesfull army list I have found that EC armys work better the more boots you put on the ground.

With your HQ's there and Terminators, once you add in tanks and other heavy support. You could easily only have 30-40 some models on the table in 2000pts. Meaning that the average piece of plastic in your army cost around 50-66pts.

I have found the The best way to make EC armys work is to keep atleast 50-60% of your points in troops, 10% or less in HQ. and divide the rest up amongs Fast attack, heavy support and more troops.

Right now just with your HQ's and Terminator squad you have used up 572points (or 29% of a 2000pts army). I use just over that much (34% of my 2k List) for all my HQ, elites, fast attack and heavy support.
    -Where Were You The Day They Stole Your Inocence?

-It Was About Time To Dig A New Well Anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hmm.. definitely take adavantage of warp scream wherever possible, but don't ignore P. Fists or chain fists all together, because you're gonna come across something big and ugly that needs squashing eventially.

With regards to S. blasters on regular noise marines. I personally wouldn't really go with them. They're too much of a point sink, and not THAT much more effective than bolters anyway. Don't beleive me? Just ask Jormagi or Giant Mantis.

Shamone's biker daemonette drop is a fantastic idea - the legendary daemon bomb.

but blast masters are amazing.
    Did i mention how much i like blast masters?
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probabaly disagree with alot of people on this forum about sonic blaster. I think you should put them in the hands of your troops. But never fill up a squad with them, you should always have atleast about 1/3(ish) of them models with bolters as the models that you remove first.

Ex.
    6 man squad could be
    1- Blastmaster
    1- Plasma
    2- Sonic Blasters
    2- Bolters

This squad only cost 10 more points then one with pure bolters, but when standing still fires as effectively at 2 feet as a squad with 4 more bolter marines. It also has to lose 2 models before becoming much less effective at shooting.

I Use sonic blasters on my troops, but in moderation.

You should also play test and see what works best for you. Because what works best for me or anyone else on this forum may not be whats best for you or your list. This is the set up i use on my small squads. It has a little of everything shooty (blastmaster yummy, AP2, lots of ST4AP5, extra wounds).

I also agree with karmoon none of my squads (even close combat) leave home without a blastmaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Sonic blasters.. if you use them reasonably, then I agree with lackofbettername.

I'd still take one instead of two in a squad... but yeah. Definitely agree with lackofbetter name .
    They're very situational, that's all.. if you're facing a lot of Marine EQuivelant enemies, then i wouldn't recommend them at all. AGainst a bunch o gaunts they're absolutely amazing.
    Isn't it nice all this agreeing and being friendly?
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love agreeing. More so i love other people agreeing with me.

I try to have 1 list to play VS. all openents (i switch stuff up ocasionaly) but i typicaly dont tailor my list to fight certian army's. I may do better with 1s onic blaster in a squad, but 2 has suited me just fine in the past. I also cant justify buying 4 more marines with bolters just to try to shave off 20pts of my 2000pt list. (especialy when there is so many other 40k things to buy)

I try to think of sonic blasters not as standard weaponry but more like additional special weapons.

I am thinkin about trying a squad similar to this one in my army. Same as above just no blastmaster.. more geared toward rapid firing light vehicles and things that AP2 is good for.
    6 Marines (probabaly have infiltrate)
    2- Plasma
    2- Sonic Blasters
    2- Bolters

Ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Lackofbettername is right, you shouldn't really load up your EC squads with Sonic Blasters. You shouldn't really do it with any kind of squad that can have large numbers of weapon upgrades, but it holds especially true in EC armies since the squads are so small.

Terminators aren't really a good idea in small games, and neither is using two HQ choices. Lords and Lieutenants eat up points like nobody's business and Greater Daemons are intrinsically expensive. If you're using a pure shooty EC army, (I) use a lieutenant with kai gun, power weapon and d.strength. It lets him fit in with the rest of the army raking fire across the enemy as they advance, but also puts him as part of your counter-attack section. Even pure shooty armies need some sort of close combat protection, even the Tau. But they don't have any, which is why they loose once you assault them. Even Iron Warriors players tend to realise that they need something to dish out the hurt close-up.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast