Help against tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help against tau

my friend plays tau and i play chaos, what do i do to beat him??
    my army list goes as follows
    8 berzerkers
    8 berzerkers
    8 berzerkers
    5 havocs
    5 Nurgle havocs
    1 daemon prince
    1 chaos lord
    3 chaos bikes(not sure whether or not to keep them)
    1 Defiler,
    and could someone please explain how the indirect fire works exactly and what the infiltrate rule does and what bonuses if any do i get for having a khorne unit of 8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

If a unit has the infiltrate special rule, then after all troops have been deployed, anything with the Infiltrate rule may be placed anywhere on the board 12" away or more if they don't have line of site, or 18" or more if they do.

As for beating Tau, I don't know a lot about Chaos strategy and stuff but in general...

- Leave the vehicles at home. 1 or 2 is ok, but they're going to go down pretty easily to the str10 ap1 railguns that the Tau player will inevitably have a few of.
    - Kill battlesuits and hammerheads as your first priority, they will probably cause you the msot trouble.
    - most of all, TAKE LOTS OF ASSAULT TROOPS. Most Tau units are terrible in CC. If you can get Fire Warriors, Battlesuits in combat... it's over.

Generally the best strategy I think is to infiltrate/deepstrike a lot of stuff close to the Tau player and try to overwhelm him with stuff that can assault.

Oh, and keep the bikes in your list, I know a lot of "How to beat Tau with SM's" tacticas say Bikers are one of the best units against them...

Hope that helps ^_^
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a defiler with indirect fire might be nice.

since he will be hiding behind cover you wont really have to worry about railguns.
    the template will eat up those weak tau and kroot.

id just bring as many base troops as possible and try to get in cc. tau are cheap so youll be taking tons of shots every round. if you have enough people to survive long enough ot get acrossed the board you should be alright.
    all you need is a few zerks in cc and bye bye tau.

bikes, raptors, demons, possessed with wings, chosen with speed, these could all be useful. zip across the board and tie up the troops so they cant shoot your main army.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingPin
    and what bonuses if any do i get for having a khorne unit of 8
    In a mixed force absolutely none I'm afraid . If you were playing exclusively Khorne then having squad's of eight would entitle you to a free Aspiring Champion upgrade per squad.

MD
    ''It begs the question; why would the emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist? And that would be to take down another Space Marine Legion."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys, how should i upgrade the bikers, i have 5 of my havocs the mark of nurgle and some upgrades was that a good idea?? and how exactly does the indirect fire work, and for the infiltrate is it 12 inches away from his troops or mine for the infiltrate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Salmon Thief
    - most of all, TAKE LOTS OF ASSAULT TROOPS. Most Tau units are terrible in CC. If you can get Fire Warriors, Battlesuits in combat... it's over.
    Khorne Bezerkers on Blood Rage eat Fire Warriors as an appitizer. I once had one squad rech combat and they killed all 10 on the Fire Warriors in one go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes got these jump pack things on his commanders and heavy battle suits so i only get one turn in assault then he flees and blows me to hell with his rail guns, missile pods. plasma gun, etc etc etc, and that tank is a ***** cus he has the ion cannon equipped on it and it blows me UP

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I find tau suffer if they have to fight fast tough units. Bikes fit the bill perfectly. Turbo boosting up the board with 3+ inv save will mean very few casualties, id have two squads with icons at 5+ strong possibly backed by a HQ on bike with icon and armour for 2+ inv save, Best thing to do now is to pop in two units of bloodletters 5 strong will do, using the summon rule you can get up close and then bosh em in with S5 Power weapons without taking casualties.

Khonre prince with Glaive, feel no pain, stature and resielince is good but it may be WAY over points cost, unsure without book to check.

My opinion anyhow.

DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Well the best advise besides "Roll good numbers" is, equip a AC with the Talismin of Burning Blood so you will be more likely to Blood Rage and kill his wimpy Tau in one turn of combat.

-Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingPin
    thanks guys, how should i upgrade the bikers, i have 5 of my havocs the mark of nurgle and some upgrades was that a good idea?? and how exactly does the indirect fire work, and for the infiltrate is it 12 inches away from his troops or mine for the infiltrate

id do bikes the same way as regular zerks, khornate axes on the regular guys, powerfist on the ac.

i personallyd ontbring havocs, but i play dedicated world eaters. if they were forced to move because of blood frenzy that would plain suck.

indirect fire means you can put your defiler behind a mountain and kill people. you do not have to have line of sight to hit them with your battlecannon. you can deviate 2 d6's (you roll 2 d6 and take the highest for scatter), but your using the 6"template so the chances of you hitting someone is pretty good. str 8 ap 3, and causes pinning. basically 2's to wound and no saves on most models and you can pin them so they cant move or shoot.
    i personally havent been using a defiler, but am starting to see more and more how useful indirect fire can be against shooty armies.

to infiltrate its 12"s away from enbemy troops if none of them can see you. behind a building or in cover.
    if an enemy troop can see you and draw line of sight then you have to be 18"s away.
    Last edited by micah; July 19th, 2006 at 23:40.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast