Beardy biker AC, legal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Beardy biker AC, legal?

Hey there all, its me again, with another configuration that seems cool, almost too cool.
    I'm sitting here re-thinking my battleforce challenge bikers and I was thinking of a great way to maximize the biker AC. My limitations were that I was out of power weapon and CCW bits from the battleforce so I came up with the next best thing! or so I think. Check it out and tell me whether it is legal(I think so, but I've been wrong in the past)
    Here is what I came up with:

Biker AC
    MoCU
    Sorcerer(Wind of chaos)
    Warp talisman
    Daemonic talons
    Daemonic Mutation
    Spikey bits
    Daemonic Strength
    Daemonic Armor
    Spikey bits
    Furious charge
    This gives the biker AC 6 strength 6 attacks on the charge(3base +1 for mutation, +1 for 2xccw, +1 for charging) and rending.

Now, here's the beardy part- The bike entry specifically states that you cannot have 2 close combat weapons, while the daemonic talons entry states that "it may use no other weapons, but will always count as having an additional close combat weapons" Not that they actually HAVE 2 close combat weapons but they count as having it. Nowher in the entry does it exclude the bearer from using a bike.

What do you think? I like it!

W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Biker AC
    MoCU
    Sorcerer(Wind of chaos)
    Warp talisman
    Is he a chosen biker with a squad with him or a bike champ. As bike champs cant be sorcs but chosen can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87
    Is he a chosen biker with a squad with him or a bike champ. As bike champs cant be sorcs but chosen can.
    err? really? I know khorne bikers cannot be sorcerers by default(khornate rule) and rule in sorcerer ability. But there is nothing in the biker squad entry or the sorcerer entry that biker ACs cannot have the sorcerer ability, neither is it a restriction in the chaos psychic powers entry in the special rules. I'd appreciate a reference to be sure, Thanks!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

In the armoury under the sorc section it states, 'Models who can become sorcs are detialed in the relevant section' or somthing of the sort. This only appears in the HQ and the chosen sections.

Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

err? really? I know khorne bikers cannot be sorcerers by default(khornate rule) and rule in sorcerer ability. But there is nothing in the biker squad entry or the sorcerer entry that biker ACs cannot have the sorcerer ability, neither is it a restriction in the chaos psychic powers entry in the special rules. I'd appreciate a reference to be sure, Thanks!
    theyak

Its because nowhere does it say that Chaos Space Marine Biker Aspiring Champions CAN become sorcerers, whereas on page 24 of the Chaos codex it states under Elites in the Chosen Character entry that one aspiring champion in each unit may be upgraded to a sorcerer for a certain cost for whom the option also applies to Chaos lords or Chaos Lieutenants (page 22) and as far as I'm aware (as a Khorne World Eaters player) those are the only entries with the option of becoming sorcerers (not including Greater Daemons and Spec Chars who are already sorcerers) unless they are given the Mark of Tzeentch, which is why that particular mark costs so much.
    Last edited by The vampire Lestat; July 26th, 2006 at 12:02.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

See, I read that entry in the chosen section to be a limitation to prevent people from making a squad of, say 20 sorcerers, ALL with winds of change and gift of chaos. The exception being the special rule for Tzeench that allows ALL chosen Aspiring champions to be sorcerers.

By that logic, you're also saying that because the power weapon doesn't specifically say that an aspiring champion CAN be equipped with it, that it cannot.
    You're also saying that the mark of tzeench is what allows AC to become sorcerers, by that same logic the only ACs that can take daemonic resilience is only nurgle since that is what the mark bestows. the sorcerer ability for Tzeench is a bonus, AND the fact that tzeench sorcerers never have to take psychic test is the unique gift.

The aspiring champions have rights to the armory following the restrictions laid down by the codex that Lieutenants have(pg 14 CSM codes, little box at the bottom, or pg 16 box at top(limits heading). There are no restrictions placed on Aspiring champions that are not restricted by mark to take the sorcerer upgrade.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Read the armoury in the codex. It clearly states in there that this cannot be done because the biker cannot take the sorc upgrade.
    DJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

I am reading it, and have read it multiple times, I have the most current printing(third) and there is absolutely no mention in the armory of a restriction of units on bikes not being able to use the sorcerer ability. If that were true, the famous slaaneshi biker lord daemon bomb using the siren would not work. I just checked the FAQ and there is no mention of that restriction of which you speak there either.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Chaos codex,
    page 14,
    psychic abilities and equipment

These items and abilities are only available to sorcerers. the army list details who can be sorcerers.
    Both HQ slots AND the chosen slot states they may be upgraded to be sorcerers but it doesnt in the chaos bikers section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Right, ah, I see it. The specific difference here being that they are a specific options available to HQ and Chosen, and the upgrade is not a part of the armory, thus making it not available to said AC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast