Berserkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Berserkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berserkers

I called Customer Service, they appologised and are sending me a whole new box of Khorne Berzerkers! :w00t:
    So that brings my Model count up to 16, 4 useable from the original box and 12 new (and hopefully whole) coming in the mail.

Is is a coincidence that Khorne's favored number is 8? with 16 models I can field 2 squads of 8, with enough bitz to make some nicely equiped 'zerks, and if i use an army list that allows the favored number rule, then all the better. Its not required, I will probably break them up into 2 units of 8 for mobility regardless.

sorry, I ramble :wacko:

What do you guys use 'zerks for mainly in your lists? I see them as a sort of mix between shock troop/assaulter and a kind of psychological weapon to distract the opponent. All that bright red armor really stands out, you know.
    also, should I go the extra distance and order some bitz online to give my AC's powerfists? Im not sure what sort of games (if any) I will be playing in, and I dont know how strict most poeple are on the WYSIWYG rules. It would be fun to spend all that time getting new bitz and models, but only at first. Then I see it as becoming time consuming, expensive and the opposite of enjoyable.
    sidenote: anyone else pick up a Berserker and think "my love for you...is like a truck"?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note you could probably go online to eBay or bwbits.com and find a lot of the missing pieces you need to assemble the rest of your figures.

I find that Berzerkers have a fun tendency of being a very good distraction for the enemy. Often I will place some of my more expesine units (raptors, obliterators, etc) very close to them and the enemy will usually just want to destroy them instead of the others.
    "L'adace, l'adace, toujours ladace"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Don't give the enemy a moment to consider how badly they are being beaten.
    Never build defenses; let the enemy die in theirs.

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Berzerkers are excellent anti-MEQ. Their chainaxes tear through marines like they were paper. They will definitely have a psych-out effect on the battlefield, mainly because they are very well known for being very vicious in close combat.(and rightly so)

Powerfists are a must if you want them to be competative. Their tendency to be lead into tanks can be annoying when it happens, a powerfist is insurance against big things they are forced to charge. Otherwise, if you know you will not be facing tanks or monsterous creatures axes of khorne are excellent too.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.
    Ive been looking at the member created tactica, and I love how so many of my questions due to inexperience were answered in a clear maetter-of-fact way.
    I love how the Khornate Chainaxes turn great armor saves into mediocre ones. It makes sense too.
    The AC in the squad is limmited to 75 points for personal wargear, correct? I read that the Talisman of Burning Blood is a must have, and I agree...but does the Rage of Khorne gift also increase attacks made with the Powerfist? I dont have the rules for a Powerfist in front of me, but all i can remember about it is that it doubles the users strength but he always strikes last.
    I think striking last would be not such a big deal if the AC could then attack with 4+D3 powerfist attacks on the charge...but would that be legal?
    Caluin wrote that Demonic Mutation would be a better choice points wise, and because it works all the time, not only when you charge...I'll buy that. Im still curtious about the Powerfist part of it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

As the mighty caluin agrees - Rage of Khorne is like a pretty girl that doesn't shower.
    Looks nice at first, but smells pretty bad.

Rage o khorne is situational, mutation is stable and works if you're charged too.
    Rembmer, Daemonic Strength is a steal on ACs. And can really help against tough opponent.
    P. Fists also ignore armour saves too. And yes, any bonus attacks can be used with the fist.

In answer to your main question, then yes, additional attacks may be used with the power fist. So a Aspiring Champion Terminator with a mark of KHorne, P.fist and CC weapon, mutation would get 7 powerfist attack on the charge. pretty cool eh?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, I love that analogy.
    Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it

+ Reply to Thread