decisions decisons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

decisions decisons

okey.... i'm tossing in the towel with alpha legion i can't find the right models to acheive the look i'm going for and i aint much on comprimises so i committed it to paper in the hopes that one dark day gw will produce just the pawns i need to acheive my dark ends muah ha hah

so i'm still gonna do chaos but have decided to do either deathguard or emporers children maybe a more layed back version of them or a combo either way it will be mainly close combat

from my reconing emp children have better cc potential but are more fragile (when compared to deathguard), their daemons kickass (except the greater daemon he looks crappy) they can have bikers which is a plus in my book i really love those models and their flying possessed would be awsome

deathguard have better tanks are good at both shooting and cc but excell at neither their daemons suck (except the greater daemon he is sweet) are t5 damn hard to kill their flying possed are awsome as well (flying t5 marines omg) but no bikers...

well if in my boots which would you pick, either way i intend to minorly convert my new legion from loyalist models with the obvious exception of the daemons (if i go children) i'm not really asking you to choose one for me rather just your oppinions on them and my evaluation of them also any tips or tricks with either would be appreciated

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

when someone tells you EC are the fragile, graceful chaos marines don't believe them...
    A MEQ is a MEQ no matter what you compare it to.

Anyway death guard has more cc potential. You just have 1 choice to make. Do you like infiltrate? since you were considering Alpha Legion im assuming you do.

Death Guard will infiltrate forwards with as much infantry as they can take (not much) and simply beat their opponents to death.

Quite simply put if your opponent is shooty, T5 and rapid-firing bolters will kill him/her. If your opponent is assaulty, true-grit will take care of him/her.

Death Guard quite simply beat their opponents to death regardless of whom they are, same list, same tactic.

I have next to no idea on the emperors children. The weapon upgrades dont look so wondrous to me but then again im not the expert. I know daemonettes are awesome though. But then so is the great unclean one. (I love his model)
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they can both be rather shooty armies. I've seen an EC army decimate people with fire power, and have those deamonets run in and shred the elites. Some of the cool factors for EC are their special powers they can have. Such as siren, -1 to Init, and then add on top of that rending claws, an EC squad or HQ can be nasty in CC.

DG I see as a more versatile army. They have lots of marines just sitting back and shooting everything, or move up closer and let the enemy come into combat with you. Nurgle Rot is the bomb. Having your opponent take hits just for standing near you is awesome. In this respect the nurgle deamons are actually really good. They are really tough in CC, and their plague knives do some serious damage, even to MEQ. Bolters and True Grit makes them versatile.

Now I'm curious what you were unable to model for an Alpha Legion army. I'm building one myself now, and I'm guessing it's the cultists. Since GW doesn't make cultist models. This is a drag, but I found a pretty good, and reasonably easy solution. Buy a box of Warhammer Empire, Militia men, which comes with 20 guys, max cultist squad. Buy some the Close Combat Sprue from bits order. It has a laspistol, autopistol, bolt pistol, powerfist, powersword and plasma pistol. Essentially you want the las pistols and autopistols for cultists. A little of modifying on their left(I think) hands and now they have a CCW and pistol. 20 cultists that look pretty darn cool. For me cultists were not some kind of deamonic mutated person like the old metal models made them, but rather average local people converted to warship chaos. Militia men look just like that.
    Just thought I'd toss that out there for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my idea was just civilians thrown into combat after being corrupted similar to your idea but where we differ is my guys would actually look like citizens not fighting men unfortunately the empire models don't have the scope for this they may not look well trained but they are definately fighters , pretty much i want min e to be able to walk down the street and be able to blend into a crownd without looking conspicuous cus hey isn't that what alpha legion do?

to the plague bearers yes their rules arn't bad but their models are butt ugly

hey is it legal to have a nurgle army with daemonettes in troop slots or would they become elites?
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

In Pure Death Guard you can't take daemonettes at all. However you can collect "Black Legion" that just has heaps and heaps of nurgle guys including a lord with mark of nurgle.

If you choose this option you will lose the benefits of free champions and better summoning that pure death guard enjoy but it will allow you to take daemonettes as troops.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah well saving 12 points on a champ aint nothin to fret about and as said i wouldn't use plaguebearers i'm going look wise i just can't stand the plague bearer models

heres the thing i know if ya have a lord with a mark then that mark stays in it's respective slots but do daemonettes or any daemons count as having their patrons mark?

also off topic somthing thats been bugging me if somone has an undivided lord than do all marks stay in respective slots or does giving a mark still send it to the elites section it's somthing that comes up often where i play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    heres the thing i know if ya have a lord with a mark then that mark stays in it's respective slots but do daemonettes or any daemons count as having their patrons mark?
    Daemons and vehicles do not have Marks, so never move in the FO chart. Daemons will always be Troops/FA, and Vehicles will always be HS/Dedicated.

also off topic somthing thats been bugging me if somone has an undivided lord than do all marks stay in respective slots or does giving a mark still send it to the elites section it's somthing that comes up often where i play
    If your Lord has an Undivided Mark, then any unit with a different Mark will become an Elites choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

my idea was just civilians thrown into combat after being corrupted similar to your idea but where we differ is my guys would actually look like citizens not fighting men unfortunately the empire models don't have the scope for this they may not look well trained but they are definately fighters , pretty much i want min e to be able to walk down the street and be able to blend into a crownd without looking conspicuous cus hey isn't that what alpha legion do?
    Try necromunda models.. Imperial citizens don't seem to wander around in jeans and t-shirts drinking soda anyway.

Most chaos worshippers seem to fall into the deformed, mutated underclass who spend their lives slaving away in Imperial factories and farms. They turn to chaos because humanity hates and despises them and offers them nothing. I don't think it's really about nice happy cults who go out to hug trees.

(except the greater daemon he looks crappy)
    He's also the best greater daemon in the game, in my opinion, his cost is almost obscene relative to his effectiveness. A great unclean one may look cool, but what's it going to do? Sit in combat for 5 turns unable to kill whatever is unable to kill it in return.

flying possessed would be awsome
    Do the maths though.. 37 points per model abseloute minimum..

I agree with everyone ultimately, both Emperor's Children and Death Guard are good close combat armies (to those who say that EC are shooty.. I say try it.) Unless you're fighting guard (without close order drill), warp scream can have an immense game effect, and don't let anyone tell you EC are fragile. They're no more fragile than khorne berserkers.

What would seal it for me are the daemonettes. You can send them up against just about any unit in the game and expect to inflict a lot of damage, even if you don't win. They can certainly kill anything a plaguebearer could, and much more besides.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; August 5th, 2006 at 17:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah not jeans more uhh hard to explain without a model for reference but sorta like the male whitch hunter inquisiter with the plasma pistol the one with the wide brimmed hat but more normal looking.

yeah the gd rules are awsome but his model is crap and in the end thats what i'm going for

i said origonally they are fragile COMPARED to deathguard as far as against anything else they are as hard as nails, i think i'm gonna go with emporers children do it pure to get the bonuses, the daemonette rules and models are sweet and in the end the -1 initative is more useful to me than +1 toughness plus the look of the weapons i mean that sword is soo cool

hijacking my own thread once again do warhounds or spawn change the squad size ie do they count as actual members of the squad (i havn't got my dex with me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ignore this it was a stupid idea born of desperation
    Last edited by Plague_00; August 7th, 2006 at 14:09.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast