Librarium Online Forums banner

Very new thousand son player looking for advice

493 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dragon 
#1 ·
Hi. This is my very first post in any forum ever so please be nice. I am starting a Thousand Sons army and I'm looking for advice. Also a question or 2. As for the army list, are we only allowed to use the units that have a "Yes" in the box with the different Chaos factions? I ask because Obliterators are not in that box at all, so does that mean that none of the factions can use them? My army currently consists of 2 squads of thousand sons marines, 1 rhino, and one chaos lord. I am looking at acquiring a Predator, another Rhino, and a Land Raider. Your advice on what to flesh out the army with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

#2 · (Edited)
Hello and welcome to this side of the hobby and the path of the sorcerer.

On eo fthe MODs on this forum LordofChange has written a great tactica for Thousand Sons, you should really read it.
If you click *THIS* link you should have it in a second.

There are also quite a few Thousand Sons lists in this section, just look around, go to some older pages or use the search function. If it fails you can PM me and I'll link you to some.

EDIT: Oh, and you can only use units that carries the Mark of Tzeentch and as Obliterators do not you cannot use them. Not if you intend to play a "pure" Thousand Sons army any way. The other option is to field a Black Legion army with and give your Daemon Prince the Mark of Tzeentch. This will make it possible for you to use all (apart from Nurgloid) units in the army while keeping Thousand Sons units in powerarmour as a troops choice.
Read through p. 38 in the codex a couple of times and it will all be much clearer.

#4 ·
Thanks for the move Nemesis. As I said, first post so still learning where to put stuff. I've been browsing the forum and it seems that from what I've seen most Thousand Sons armies look very similar. 1 lord/demon, 2 or 3 squads of TS(depending on pts), squad of Flamers, and Predator/Dreadnought for fire support. Is the list that unbalanced that there is only one configuration worth playing? Doesn't sound like much fun if I have to have a cookie cutter army list to be competitive. Hopefully I am wrong and someone can give me some tips on variety that still works on the field. Thanks in advance for the advice.

#5 ·
Nopes not always.
Not all thousand sons list have to be the same. Any player who says they are not competitive is wrong.

A goodlist is
Lutenant 130pts
Lc, Strength, Bolt

Sqaud*3 828pts+-
Any which way you like
I yake a PF and Bolt with 3 familiars

2*Land raider 546pts:yes:
Deamonic Possesion

So not all lists are the same. This is a very good, very tough list that is realy competitive.
And you dont have to take deamons:w00t:
All have mark of Tzeentch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.