Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hello everyone. You may know me from the imperial gaurd section, thats were i spend most of my time but for an upcomming tourney i have dubed it impossiible to paint 75 gaurdsmen and all my tanks before the tourny (1 week from Fri):cry: so i had to think of a new army i chose nurgleI have played with them alot and have moderate experance with them In alot of games before i became a gaurd fanatic...anyways i have a couple of questions for the chaos masses then reside here.....
First- Are nurgle havoks any good? or are they a waste of heavy suport......?
Second- Are plague bearers any good?...After reading there stats it seeems to me that they would be a waste of units aswell as cash...
Third- I was thinking about takeing a pred annialator becaseu nurgle can have any heavy weapons and i need something for tankbusting, is this a wise choice?
Fourth- Aside from oblits what other units cant bear the mark of nurgle?
Thanks guys there will be more to come..:yes:
Yes they are nice, use all one type of special weapon though, or a good comboFirst- Are nurgle havoks any good? or are they a waste of heavy suport......?Not so good no, unless playing non MEQsSecond- Are plague bearers any good?...After reading there stats it seeems to me that they would be a waste of units aswell as cash...nice choice, idd advise either daemonic possession or mhull. a Defiler is always a good choice aswellThird- I was thinking about takeing a pred annialator becaseu nurgle can have any heavy weapons and i need something for tankbusting, is this a wise choice?Oblits raptors bikes and other marked units.Fourth- Aside from oblits what other units cant bear the mark of nurgle?
Thanks for the help its much appreciated.:w00t:, oh and what would be a good combo for the havoks?
Generally, 4x Plasma Guns are what works the best, along with Infiltrate. 4x Meltaguns would be a good one, too, for MC/tank hunting. A mix of the two would be okay, but having 100% of the same one would be far better, in my opinion. Flamers aren't really going to be worth it in this unit, however.Originally Posted by Anticitizen
My friend runs a VERY nasty 2000 point Nurgle army. What I've learned from fighting against it and helping him evolve it -
1) Nurgle Terminators are worth their weight in GOLD. Reaper Autocannons, T4(5) with the 2+/5+, and an AC with twin Lighting Claws have paid their way again and again for him.
2) Give EVERY Champion you can Nurgle's Rot. It's cheap and can pay back MASSIVE dividends - I watched nine Space Marines in ONE TURN succumb to the Rot, and it won him the game. Never, ever forget to roll for it. Alternate kitting out Champions between Plagueswords and Power Fists - and give the Plaguesword users D. Strength.
3) I'd take the maximum 2 squads in Rhinos. Yes, Rhinos suck, but you NEED a faster edge than just walking - and unfortunately you can't buy another squad with the 116 points that two Rhinos with the mandatory cost you. Kit them for short-range firepower - he runs one squad with 2 Plasma Guns, 1 squad with two Flamers, and they work very well indeed. Yeah, the Rhinos usually die, but they do their job before then.
4) Fill out your Heavy Support with vehicles. For a long time, I counseled having a single squad of Havocs as well, but now he runs 2 Dreadnoughts (one with TLLC/DCCW, one with 2xDCCW), along with a Predator that has TL Lascannon/2x Heavy Bolters and they rule the battlefield pretty well. Chaos has the best vehicle upgrades, too. Give them Mutated Hull and Daemonic Possession, and they will statistically pay back their points and draw fire away from your Rhinos, too.
5) An Infiltrating squad (or two) with Meltaguns is your best friend, and it'll let you be up in their grille right away while the rest of the army is still moving forward.
6) A single pack of Plaguebearers CAN pay back dividends - remember, each one of 'em has Nurgle's Rot (deployed right, that could threaten 3-5 enemy squads!), and with that always wound on 4+ they can mess up Wraithlords, Carnifexes, etcetera... And they're damned cheap, in an army that LACKS cheapness. Two packs would be too many, I think, unless you're going for Daemonbomb.
7) As stereotyped as it is, a Lord with Manreaper and Flight/Speed can tear stuff up - but keep him NEAR your main phalanx of troops, don't just send him off to fight by himself because then he'll just die by himself. An alternate might be to give him Infiltrate and deploy him with the Meltagun squad(s)...
Now, there's no such thing as a sure win. And Nurgle is HARD to win with, too. But he's learned to use it well, despite the lack of Fast Attack, and you can too.
Gawd, would it be so bad to allow Furies into a Nurgle army's list? At least have ONE FA choice that IS FA? <_<
Just realised that I came to 7 points in my little bulleted list above - how's THAT for Nurgle worship?
Cool, What is D. Strengh? T.T And does he have any prefrences as to summoning the demons?:ninja:
The advantage of Daemons is that they can reinforce a weak spot ANYWHERE, or add strength to an already overwhelming attack as well - and your enemy doesn't know WHERE the pain is coming from. You'll learn to judge where is best to summon them from.
I wouldn't recommend icon bearers; in units without individual icons the Aspiring Champion counts as the Icon and he's the last mini you'll remove anyway!