chaos newbie help and army sugestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos newbie help and army sugestions

i used to play war hammer back when i was young and started playing it again and kind of fuzzy one some of the rules first rule question on a character with more then one assult attack and has a power fist do u use that weapon for all attacks????
    second, if a charecter has more then 1 attacks and more then 1 weapon can he shoot more then 1 wep in the shooting phase.

ok army list and suggestions. im going to buy more stuff ths friday any suggestions would help

1 chaos term lord
    12 choas troop squad
    2 assult wep marines
    8 chain sword and pistol
    1 rino
    1 Defiler
    5 terms

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Welcome to the formus, and to chaos. . .

For your questions:
    A character with multiple weapons usable in the assault phase chooses wich they use, and applies it's rules to all of their attacks. (any derevation from this will clearly specify it and state it's own rules. Abbadon would be a good example.)

2: If the model in question is a monsterous creature then yes, otherwise no. There are many exceptions, but this is the general rule & Chaos has no exceptions.

For suggestions so far it's kinda hard untill we know kinda what you're looking to do: What legion do you want to play? What kinds of units are you looking at?

For now: make sure you have both the chaos codex, and the rulebook. Be sure to read them both carefully: the answers to your questions where both clearly stated in the rulebook.

The community is pretty nice about answering questions, but we're no replacement for the books. We can't answer questions that never occur for you to ask, and we can't give out copyrighted information. (Not sure if you have those or not. . . not accusing you of not having them, it's just good advice for new members. & covering all of the basis)

Also there is a good Q&A section stickied to the top of the chaos forum that ought to answer most of the questions you might have. The're some of the most commen questions asked by new chaos players, and are a good resource even for a vet.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for quick reply its just me and my buddy playing and all the rules book and my stuff stay at his house becase im far to lazy to bring it back and forth. as for army list my army fights imperial guard and some time space marines if that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

It helps a little. . . but what legion where you looking at?
    This is assuming that you're doing Black Legion.

It looks like you have a pretty solid start on your models. . . for future purchases some things I would look at is that you can't go wrong with more marines. . . you can use quite flexabley: one game as troops, the next as men in a havoc squad.
    Squads do best when they have an Aspiring Champion in them with a bolt pistol and a power fist. Regardless if you set them up for Close combat or shooting there are times you will be assaulted, or have the oppurtunity to assault, and one of those in the squad makes a huge diference.
    Be sure to take the special weapons: they make a huge difference. But be sure to put the right one in the right squad:

Assault squads with CCW& bolt pistol do best with melta-guns and flamers (meltaguns are generally accepted to be the better of the two for they give you more tank hunting options)
    Shooting squads with bolters do best with plasma guns, either 2 plasma, or plasma and a heavy weapon.

Be sure that you have enough anti-tank weapons to crack your opponents armor. This will be expecially important against Imperial Guard.
    I would suggest putting something to take them down on your to buy list. Melta guns will help, but you're gonna need some big guns too. My reccomendations are:
    1) 4 missile launchers to be put in an 8 man havoc squad. Give the squad the tank hunter veteren skill and they'll do pretty good against those guard tanks. (against lighter armor than 14 doing the same thing with autocannons is better for tank killing, but not as good at killing marines after the tanks are down.)
    2) a predator with 3 lascannons, or 2 lascannons & autocannon.

I personally use the havocs & love them, but I've seen the predators work very well, and both are good options.

Anyway that's my thoughts so far. . . knowing what legion you intend to play will make a huge difference on how you want to procede.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whell i bought a squad of khrone and an khrone champ for the squad and then khran the beteryer so i guess im going to go that route for now any sugestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Well that all depends on what you want to do with Khorne. You can go Black Legion with a Khorne focus, or you can go World Eaters. . . and you don't have to decide right now. You can play a bit with each, and decide wich you like best.

Going this route though I would suggest getting a couple predators for your anti-tank. Using the lascannon sponsons, and either the lascannon or the autocannon turret.

I would then pick up a squad of bloodletters, and another bezerker squad, and just see what you feel about your force, and what you weaknesses are.

Khorne really isn't my specialty, but you might get some good ideas by looking in the armies sections, and looking over the lists posted there for ideas.

+ Reply to Thread