Questions regarding Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions regarding Terminators

I receantly purchased a box of termies and was trying to figure out how much they'd cost. In my codex it reads:

Chosen x
    Chosen Terminator +X
    Chosen Aspiring Terminator +X

Does this mean that 1 termie costs (X) + (+X) I wanted to find a base point for Termies but it looks like i can only have Chosen Termines? I need some clarification cause im confused. Also any one have any suggestions of what guns I should equip them with? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct on both accounts. Only chosen can be terminators. You take the base cost of a chosen, then add the cost it reads for a chosen terminator. If you want him to be an Aspiring Champion in terminator armor, you then add the cost of being an aspiring champion.

The rule on chosen is a bit wordy so I'll try to clear it up. I suggest reading it a few times. You can have a unit of chosen by themselves. You can ALSO have some chosen as a retinue attached to an HQ. So if you want to use chosen, there can be only one unit by itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gman is right, the chosen rules are really wordy and confusing acually most of the codex is confusing till you get used to it.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Indeed Chosen are the most common version of Terminators. For most armies they are also the only option, but I can see on your Avatar that you might have a thing for Tzeentch.
    Now, Thousand Sons do have a special rule. we can upgrade our basic troopers to, what is comonly referred to as Rubric Terminators. It's all in the Book of Tzeentch in the Codex.
    Those can be fielded in a Thousand Sons army and in a Black Legion army where the highest ranking HQ does not bear the Mark of Nurgle.

But this is an exception.

For "normal" Chosen Terminators your math would look like this:

Chosen x
    Chosen Terminator X
    Chosen Aspiring Terminator Y
    (I took the liberty of changing the last variable and drop the +)

Does this mean that 1 termie costs (X) + (+X)
    It means your normal Chosen Terminator would cost x+X and a chosen Terminator Champion would be x+Y

Good weapons IMHO is the Reaper AutoCannon and the Chainfist. If you put any Champs in this lot you might want to give them an additional Closecombat Weapon instead of the Combi-bolter as this will grant more attacks in Close Combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet thanks man! That's more what I was looking for. I bought the box the other night and im going to start putting them together this weekend. I also bought a terminator champion and a terminator with a reaper cannon so they should work out nicely. When you say "we can upgrade our basic troopers to, what is comonly referred to as Rubric Terminators." do you mean normal TROOPS or Elites? Rubric terminators would be elites not troops correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry...forget that, just looked it up in the codex. So what would be the benifit of upgrading the units to terminators vs having chosen terminators? Also, if I upgrade them to termies does the model need to reflect that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Ya if you give them the upgrade to terminators it needs to be reflected on the model.

For models with the mark of Tzeenitch Chosen are all psykers. For normal models with the Mark of Tzeenitch models except for the aspiring champion have 2 wounds and are slow and purposefull. By upgrading the normal troops to terminators you get terminators that have 2 wounds rather than terminators who are psykers. Rubic terminators are generally accepted to be the better terminator option for Thousand Sons as they are more durable, and economical field.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

+ Reply to Thread