Will daemons change the fortunes of my Black Legion opponent? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will daemons change the fortunes of my Black Legion opponent?

I have played several campaigns against the Black Legion which I have narrowly won. I think my victories are a result of my opponents refusal to field daemons. What do you think?

"Crime is merely a left handed form of human endeavor"

Blood Angels 6000pts

Chaos Space Marines 3000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Warpophobia is a condition which seems all too common amongst chaos players. A lot of people see daemons as unreliable compared to massed ranks of hardass chaos marines.

Well, yeah, they are unreliable, but that's only half the story. Will your bog standard marine squad ever cut up a hive tyrant or tooled up carnifex in one turn.. not unless you have a knack for rolling obscenely well. My general advice is to leave reliability to the necrons and invest in a couple of daemon packs. Even if your first game doesn't work out, there will come a time when the daemons work, and when it happens, they will probably win the game for you.

But this doesn't neccesarily apply to your friend. You need to tell us what he's using now, what you're using etc. I can't just say 'yes, daemons will help' without knowing what the situation is. Give me some info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I think his problem is probably just his general army, not necesarilly daemons. Black Legion can be just like a regular space marine army but you get the choice of possessed, defilers and a custom tooled up lord. So if you can get us an army list for both your army and his, we may be able to say where he's going wrong.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I think you might be right. The daemons are in many ways great at doing whatever they do. They remind a bit of heavily tooled up Chosen or Possessed squads but more fragile and cheaper.
    The Flamers of Tzeentch are mobile Heavy Bolters a role a champion of Tzeentch often plays, but with the Daemons you've got a unit of them. Khorne - pretty much the same - an awful lot of armour piercing cc-attacks. Just what a Champ does, but a unit of them. The Rending Daemonettes- a unit of possessed, but cheap and fragile. Plaugebe....nah! You didn't win because he didn't use Plaugebearers.
    Not only that they often excell at what they do, they don't have to spend the early game turns footslogging across the board, they often arrive where they should...if they arrive at all

+ Reply to Thread