Trying my best to twist LatD allies. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Trying my best to twist LatD allies.

Ok lets get the essence of the question out in the open right now.

Can I take a HQ aspiring champion as belonging to a legion such as iron warriors (servo arm), word bearers (demigogue), night lords (cover), alpha legion (infiltrate).

They can take god specific armoury things so can they take the special undivided things?

The rules say that the legion specific rules only apply to chaos space marine units and characters. Does the Aspiring champion fit into this category. Building on that can you then continue to take a world eater aspiring champion with a unit of 7 traitors and take him free?

My problem is that I already have an allied HQ counting as Alpha Legion. Can I get a word bearer aspiring champion for the demagogue ability and crozius?

Now word bearers don't have aspiring champion options like LatD does. But what if I turn my aspiring champion into a lieutenant? can he then be assigned as specifically being from the word bearers?

Now can I take multiple allied legions? can I have one lieutenant from the Alpha Legion and another from the Word Bearers? and perhaps a defiler dedicated to someone else. Can I have an allied khorne squad that can be from world eaters? an 8 man squad of bloodletters getting the summoning bonus? would it matter if those daemons were allied or taken from the latD list?

This isn't really serious this is just seeing into what lost and the damned can do.

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

OK I know this gets confusing, I swear sometimes that LatD is the most brainbending army GW has put out.

The way I would explain the situation is that you have 3 pools that you can take things from:

1) Core LatD

2) Allied Chaos

3) Imperial Guard

Things always follow the rules as presented in the appropriate Codex that they come from.
    Units from the Codex: Chaos Space Marines that are listed as part of the LatD army cannot be taken as Allied Chaos, their use is restricted as set forward in the LatD list. (This is most relavant for daemon packs as they occupy different slots on the force orginization chart between the two army lists)

As for your selections from (2) Chaos Space Marines, you select any one legion. You can take units as appropriate from that legion up to the normal allied max: 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troop, 1 Fast Attack. Remember there is one stipulation on this: Troops & Fast Attack with a mark of chaos will always be moved to Elite. Ref for this is the FAQ, the Army List is pretty vague on this whole paragraph's points.

OK there is the groundwork. Now to answer your specific questions in context:
    They [Aspiring Champions] can take god specific armoury things so can they take the special undivided things?
    No, the aspiring champions come from the LatD core pool. The rules work the same as Black Legion, except for the Mark alterations. They can no more take specific undivided items/abilities than a Black Legion list can.

The rules say that the legion specific rules only apply to chaos space marine units and characters. Does the Aspiring champion fit into this category. Building on that can you then continue to take a world eater aspiring champion with a unit of 7 traitors and take him free?

No the AC comes from the LatD list, not allied from Chaos Space Marines. Also it is only the upgrade from a normal World Eater Space Marine that would be free in a World Eater list. As LatD buy their Champions out right, and don't upgrade their marines to them that rule would not apply even if the legion specific rules from your allied pool applied to your core LatD (wich they do not.)

My problem is that I already have an allied HQ counting as Alpha Legion. Can I get a word bearer aspiring champion for the demagogue ability and crozius?
    No, the rules are clear on only one alled HQ, one has to come from the LatD list. (wich cannot have those nifty rules) You could ally with Word Bearers, and build your arch Heretic as a "Alpha Legion" you would be paying more for infiltrate though, and he would not be able to be as tough as a lord, and I highly advise against it because of how important I feel AC's are to the LatD list, expecially if you use Mutants.

Now word bearers don't have aspiring champion options like LatD does. But what if I turn my aspiring champion into a lieutenant? can he then be assigned as specifically being from the word bearers?
    Huh? Not sure what you're getting at. A Word Bearer allied Lieutenent would have access to all the nifty Word Bearer goodies, and be taken in a LatD list. I'm not sure if I answered your question though, you got me lost on turning AC's into Lieutenents . . .

Now can I take multiple allied legions? can I have one lieutenant from the Alpha Legion and another from the Word Bearers? No, I already covered why.

and perhaps a defiler dedicated to someone else. YES shock gasp I said yes. In this case Defilers are part of the Core LatD force. They can be dedicated to any of the Chaos Gods you like even if it is in blatant violation of your allied Marine units preferences.

Can I have an allied khorne squad that can be from world eaters? Yup (another one), but only one as they would be your allied elite choice, but you DO get the price break on the AC.

an 8 man squad of bloodletters getting the summoning bonus? No daemon packs in LatD come from the core pool, and therefor follow the basic rules (like Black Legion) rather than legion specific rules of World Eaters. This kills the summon bonus.

would it matter if those daemons were allied or taken from the latD list? As I mentioned before daemons can't be taken from the alled pool.

now I could go on about the complications of the IG pool, but that's slightly off topic and this post is long enough. Hope it helped though.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

alright here is my take on it:

be careful with compulsory choices and allied choices.

All you mandatory slots on the force organization chart have to be taken from the LatD list. That is the special aspiring champions as per the rule on p.43 of codexoT.

All you allied slots can be taken from codex:CSM or codex:IG, so their special rules apply for those squads. That means you can take allied leagions with their special rules. However since you are playing LatD the special rules of your allied force that change your force organization chart do not apply, as your core army is LaTD. (as per p.42)

Also be careful about squads with a Mark of Chaos - these alway count as Elite, no matter what. (p.42)

So on to your question: can you mix allies?

I would say - rules wise - yes, as it doesn;t specifically say no in either codexoT or Codex CSM.
    Fluff wise - no. most of the traitor Legions hate/despcise/look down on each other and so they would never ever work together. Only in the most special circumstance (as Abaddons Black Crusades) would they join forces.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamenter
    So on to your question: can you mix allies?

I would say - rules wise - yes, as it doesn;t specifically say no in either codexoT or Codex CSM.
    The EoT FaQ does specifically state that you may only have one allied legion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    The EoT FaQ does specifically state that you may only have one allied legion.
    hihihi, one of these days I should just stop quoting from codexes and only go by the FAQs. I should have learned that by now.

Thanks, Cal.
    Shut up and play.

+ Reply to Thread