daemon prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: daemon prince

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

daemon prince

in friendly game do you think i could make a daemon prince for my iron warriors who uses the suaron from lord of the rings as the base. i know that you are not supposted to use lord of the ring figures in 40k, but do you think people would really care in a friendly game.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I was going to modify a balrog with greenstuff. Is it some tourney rule? My GW shop was all about the conversion (foaming at the mouth so-to-speak).
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

it has to do with the IP agreement they have with the rights holders (New Line?). You cannot mix the minis (that is one of the reason why they are true 28 mm).

So for official tournaments you cannot mix them. What you do in friendlies is of course entirely up to you.

I would have though that someone working at a GW would know that and would tell you that.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7 View Post
    in friendly game do you think i could make a daemon prince for my iron warriors who uses the suaron from lord of the rings as the base. i know that you are not supposted to use lord of the ring figures in 40k, but do you think people would really care in a friendly game.

Alex, I dont' see why you couldn't use a LoTR model for 40k as long as everything is represented the way it should be. The only rules about models in tourneys is that everything has to be either from Games-workshop or, 80+ percent of the model must be from GW.
    Since GW produces LoTR I don't see why it would be a no-no.

As far as friendly games, well, I personally wouldn't care as long as you don't use, say, a kai gun on him when he obviously doen't have a weapon that could possibly represent it.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Alex, I dont' see why you couldn't use a LoTR model for 40k as long as everything is represented the way it should be. The only rules about models in tourneys is that everything has to be either from Games-workshop or, 80+ percent of the model must be from GW.
    Since GW produces LoTR I don't see why it would be a no-no.
    There is actually a tournament rule that you may not use LoTR minis and parts to represent Warhammer models. As mentioned, it has to do with the IP agreement with New Line Cinema.

But what you do in friendly games is between you and, well, your friends.

+ Reply to Thread