"Monster Bash" Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Monster Bash" Tournament

In several weeks my local gaming store will hosting a "Monster Bash" Tournament the rules are as follows:

1. You may have up to 500pts from a codex. You do not need the compulsory units from a Force Organization Chart.
    2. You must have at least 1 HQ (the monster) whos total points may not exceed 250 regardless of wargear, weapon, gifts, etc. restrictions.

I currently plan on using a deamon prince with MoK, flight, stature, strength, resilience, rune, and a dreadaxe. What else should I give him? What units/tanks should I have?

If anyone could help me on what to take that would be great.

Last edited by grand master; October 9th, 2006 at 02:34. Reason: not clear enough
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

The lord you have suggested is illegal by about 15pts ...

I'd go for:

MoS, Dread axe, aura, Strength, Speed, Stature, resilience, Furious Charge, spikey bitz, CC weapon

Chaos Warscythe at the speed of a broodlord. Those Dark Eldar players won't be sniggering after meeting this guy that's for sure

units: I'd say definitly obliterators. maybe another hidden powerfist squad?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    The lord you have suggested is illegal by about 15pts ...
    Oh I am sorry, maybe I didn't make the second rule clear enough. The HQ character may take be up to 250 points regardless of point restrictions. So for example lord I take may have over 100 points of demonic gifts and over 150 points of wargear so long as the total cost does not exceed 250 points. For another example a space marine character would be able to take more than the 100 point wargear limit as long as his total cost does not exceed 250 points.

So the lord I mentioned would be legal, as he is not over 250 points.

I'd go for:

MoS, Dread axe, aura, Strength, Speed, Stature, resilience, Furious Charge, spikey bitz, CC weapon
    Nice. Unfortunatly I am a Khorne player so I don't have a model that would be able to have the MoS. I like the rest of the wargear though and may use that.

units: I'd say definitly obliterators. maybe another hidden powerfist squad?
    I will probably use my 2 obliterators. A bezerker squad with that hidden powerfist will nice, especially since alot of people play MEQs.

Thanks for the suggestions Karmoon. Again sorry since I may not have made it clear enough.
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

There's no limit? heh heh..

MoK, stature, resilience, strength, armour, dreadaxe, mutation, spikey bitz, furious charge, cc weapon, speed, rune, essence, aura, teleport homer, frags

Totally illegal normally, totally killer. It's a toss up between glaive for the tasty invulnerable and dreadaxe. But as most HQs have an invulnerable, i think dread axe is the way forward.

I feel so dirty.... and i have that 2 unlimited song stuck in my head now.. :wacko:
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No points linit for an HQ those words have just made my day.:shifty:
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

There's no limit? heh heh..

MoK, stature, resilience, strength, armour, dreadaxe, mutation, spikey bitz, furious charge, cc weapon, speed, rune, essence, aura, teleport homer, frags

Totally illegal normally, totally killer. It's a toss up between glaive for the tasty invulnerable and dreadaxe. But as most HQs have an invulnerable, i think dread axe is the way forward.

I feel so dirty.... and i have that 2 unlimited song stuck in my head now.. :wacko:

Avoid the glaive, as you can't have any kind of speed enhancement with it, correct? Definitely need either daemonic speed or flight, or you will be cursing the dakka tyrant who will fly circles around you causing 6+ or so wounds a turn for you to save while you can't ever catch him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    Avoid the glaive, as you can't have any kind of speed enhancement with it, correct? Definitely need either daemonic speed or flight, or you will be cursing the dakka tyrant who will fly circles around you causing 6+ or so wounds a turn for you to save while you can't ever catch him.
    Almost correct.. with the glaive, you automatically blood rage, meaning movement is 7"-12" plus assault.
    This is one of the reasons why Beserker glaive wielding princes can not take speed or flight.

I think i'll say it again:

Beserker glaive wielding princes can not take speed or flight.
    But you're right. you run the risk of having the devil tyrant shoot the holy poo out of you.
    Axe of Khorne might be quite a laugh to keep on racking up 6s to attack.

Still.. without limits, Chaos HQs become even sicker
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

If your going for a 'Kill the big cool lookin HQ dude thingy' then go for the stature/dreadaxe, if not, Zerker Glaive OWNS. auto blood frenzy and a 4+ invul save=Priceless.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

No restrictions on wargear? :w00t:

Expect to see some uber enemies...

I was gonna reccomend a nurgle prince with plague banner, but then I remembered you only have khorne models. Ah well, Khorne should still serve you well.

Good luck and have fun!
    Ben

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Although, I myself would for sure take an uber khorne HQ.

You shouldn't forget that it might be beneficial to keep your hq cheap, since you would have alot of points to play with in the shape of lascannons and other such hq killing units.

Umm, i think the writings a bit biggest than it should be :wacko:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast