The beginnings of the Eldorado Fires - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

The beginnings of the Eldorado Fires

I've decided to get started on the Eldoradoes.
    I'm wondering on a few things 1st, though.

Can one with a Mark of Undecided take a collar of Khorne?
    Also, does this character work?
    Alphonse Simmon
    Chaos Lt:
    Daemonic Flight, Aura, Resilience, & Essence. Possibly Chains.
    Power weapon, Bolt pistol.

I plan to take 2 lords, one designed to be possessed, another to actually lead.
    At least 16 Berserkers, Daemonettes, Keeper of Secrets, A lot of troop squads, 2 ablative Aspiring Champ squads (only has an icon, for summoning).
    Dunno what else.

One more thing.
    How feasible is it to have a 6 man chaos squad with an AC only given an icon? Sit them at the front lines and force a Ld test to fire at the big targts.

Last edited by Caluin; October 14th, 2006 at 17:53.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my take.

Alphonse Simmon
    Power weapon, Bolt pisto
    take speed over flight, general rule of thumb. also, drop essence and make him a lord (he is a lieutenant right?) drop the power weapon and take a dark blade. i almost always take mutation for hqs. if he's going to be possessed by a greater daemon, then the chains are good, if not, drop em.
    new lord
    D. speed, Aura, Resilience, Dark Blade, D mutation, possibly chains.
    total without chains = 140 pts

about the collar, nope, you gotta have the mark of khorne to get his gifts. and its mark of Undivided

One more thing.
    How feasible is it to have a 6 man chaos squad with an AC only given an icon? Sit them at the front lines and force a Ld test to fire at the big targts.
    if you put them right in front, they would probably just get wiped out, then the enemy could target the other stuff anyways. if you give them 2 special weapons, like plasma guns or meltas, and infiltrated them, you have one hell of a frustrating unit.
    Last edited by Caluin; October 14th, 2006 at 17:53.
    “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” ~ Woody Allen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Okay, I think a Dark Blade will do nice.
    But I'll keep flight. He's meant to be like Spawn in appearance... The name...:shifty:

And yeah. Those ablative squads just sitting back, summoning Daemons, 10 men each (or so) and thewy sit in front firing BOlter shells at the enemy advancing line. The enemy gets too close, bam, Alphonse arrives and turns into Zha'kartuk fuehrzo'molt, the Keeper of Secrets. Whoopsies.

That was the plan, anyway.
    I'm trying to figure out a strategem.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I prefer spiky bits to mutation. It's cheaper, and almost just as reliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by <E!_Mance> View Post
    Can one with a Mark of Undecided take a collar of Khorne?
    No. God specific gifts are only avaliable to characters with that particular mark.

Also, does this character work?
    Alphonse Simmon
    Chaos Lt:
    Power weapon, Bolt pistol.
    He works until you give him the Chains. Only Aspiring Champions are allowed to summon Greater Daemons, so the Chains are useless on the Lt.

I plan to take 2 lords, one designed to be possessed, another to actually lead.
    At least 16 Berserkers, Daemonettes, Keeper of Secrets, A lot of troop squads, 2 ablative Aspiring Champ squads (only has an icon, for summoning).
    That's going to be a tough army to build. Mixing Khorne and Slaanesh is possible, but requires a Lord with the Mark of Chaos Undivided. You also mention a possible and KoS, which means you have three HQ choices. Secondly, you can't summon Daemonettes from Berzerker squads, so you're going to need to find some Undivided troops or some Noise Marines.
    Six CSM:
    Marks of Chaos Undivided, Infiltration, 4x Bolters, 2x Plasma Guns.

You don't even need a Champion. Cheap enough to throw away, can summon your Daemons for you, and can lay down some heavy firepower. If the Plasma gunners are burned away, then you're left with a scoring unit that is often over looked by your opponent and can capture objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

So I take it that the HQ's icon dictates the icon type allowed for the rest of the army, does it? Okay then.

I know that SMon units can't come from KMen. I also know that they count as elites when not in a Khorne force. So the Troops've gotta be filled with SOMETHING, right? Hence the normal CSM squads.

I thought only Night Lords could come with Infiltrating basic squads...

I think that'll do nicely though Caluin.

And I'll settle for 2 HQ ICs. Maybe 3. I won't use them all at once though...
    I just think Slaaneshi Daemons would be better for a close-combat, shoot-at-them-until-we-get-there style army. Daemonettes are able to control their movement properly, right? What about Screamers?

That and the Keeper of Secrets looks about the coolest GD avaliable.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I know that SMon units can't come from KMen. I also know that they count as elites when not in a Khorne force. So the Troops've gotta be filled with SOMETHING, right? Hence the normal CSM squads.
    You can always use your Daemons as Troops choices. Daemons don't have Marks of Chaos, so don't move in the FO chart at all. They'll always be either Troops or Fast Attack.

I thought only Night Lords could come with Infiltrating basic squads...
    Nope, any legion other than World Eaters can have Infiltrating units. Night Lords have sole access to the Stealth Adept skill, but that works much differently.

Daemonettes are able to control their movement properly, right? What about Screamers?
    Correct, Daemonettes are controllable. Screamers are Tzeentch, so not sure how they'll fit into your army. Screamers have a problem with staying in Close Combat, however, and require quite a bit of skill to use properly. They have a nasty habit of attacking once, auto fleeing from the fight, and then getting shot up.

If you're looking at Screamers, you might want to look into Furies instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

I meant the Berserkers being Elites.
    I'm thinking of a non-power armour Chosen Retinue for a commander, both Commander and CRetinue choice summon Daemons, The 2 ablative squads have cheap chained ACs, The Major squad/s will just run up and slam into the enemy.
    Some Defilers and possibly a Havoc squad/Predator...
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Mance.. post an army list up, and we'll be able to guide you through the rest.

Besides, I owe ya'
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread