Kroot Usefulness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot Usefulness

How useful would Kroot be to a CSM army? I'm thinking of fielding a Squad of 10 because they are so low point cost that I can hide them in a forest and force my enemy to react to them. They suck outside of a forest, but you can't argue with such a cheap meatshield. In fact, I am thinking of using them specifically against a Tyranid army just to slow them down for one turn of combat.

What do you guys think? I haven't seen a single CSM list with Kroot in them so it can't be that popular.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Iv'e never used, or even considered using Kroot in a chaos army. Infact, I haven't even seen a chaos army with kroot in it.

It'd be interesting. A nice cheap unit which chaos don't really have (besides cultists). Seems like it'd be a decent unit to have in a chaos army used like you mentioned.

The only thing I could really suggest would be to proxy a unit, or test it out.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I have a certain sense of pride meaning i don't want to sully my Chaos forces with silly Kroot, who are blatantly just puppets and stew meat. With their silly mouths and loin cloth wearing ways. Pch!

Tactically though, you're correct. I can particularly see the Alpha Legion using them. And then when the going gets rough and the Marines have completed their objective, they just leave the Kroot to be annihilated by the enemy. hahahahaha.

The advantage to kroot being that anyone can use them.
    the disadvantage being that tournament would generally be a no no. right?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I was going to do this once, was going to take a squad of Kroot snipers lol, but i thought against it. If i was able to give them a Mark of Chaos, then i would seriously think about taking them, imagine a Khorne Kroot...how vicious would that be :shifty:

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I happily sully my Chaos with Kroot. Mostly I use a squad of Kroot snipers and have good results from them--they were perceived as being as great a threat as the rest of my list, especially if they're infiltrated. They won't kill much but a squad or two as forest pillboxes really helps out with Chaos' low model count.

I would use them more but several players at my store think the Kroot Merc codex is outdated and don't want to play against it.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Kroot with Chaos... Meh, I donno, I can see Alpha Legion hiring them, but not any other army except perhaps Black Legion maybe. My opponent would have to justify it.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass View Post
    Kroot with Chaos... Meh, I donno, I can see Alpha Legion hiring them, but not any other army except perhaps Black Legion maybe. My opponent would have to justify it.
    Why would they have to justify a legal (as far as Chapter Approved goes) addition to their army, like Kroot Mercenaries, but not justify something like a very, very unfluffy, albeit legal, unit from their parent codex?

I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons the various Legions would be willing to "hire" Kroot, or the Kroot could just be there of their own accord, etc. There are way too many reasons that people could easily come up with to make it something that needs to be justified, in my opinion.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Kroot are nice. They infiltrate, the can move through covr like its not there and they can see 12" through it. Given, I've never seen many forest peices big enough for them to use their site ability, but they can be a thorn in someones plans.

If I didn't play Night Lords (Stealth Adept FTW) I would definatly use them in CoD matches.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Dude, F--- yes!

Dude, Alpha Legion would totally use Kroot vs the Tau! It would be hilarious! Not to mention psychologically tolling upon their enemies! It's classic. And, yes, they would leave the Kroot behind to be decimated... :yes:

The tactical aspects interest me... I plan on getting into Night Lords. They might use them, but would kill them off afterwards, probably.

And how could anyone ask me to prove myself beyond a basic explanation. It's legal, right? And any friendly games that didn't allow them aren't friendly, IMHO. I would ask some officials before I used them in a tournament, but other than that, it's as complex as the issue should get.

Sufficiently... motivated... Kroot would do it. Chaos wouldn't mind some xenos meat shields. I say do it if it interests you. If you think the issue would be pressed, say your lord holds something precious to them hostage. Or model them Chaos-ish and say they worship a diety of the Chaos pantheon, if not all of them, and they find it encourages their cannibalism.
    Last edited by Captain America; October 16th, 2006 at 09:40. Reason: More on this...
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Dude, Alpha Legion would totally use Kroot vs the Tau! It would be hilarious! Not to mention psychologically tolling upon their enemies! It's classic. And, yes, they would leave the Kroot behind to be decimated... :yes:
    I believe, actually, that the Kroot would refuse to fight if they were fighting against the Tau, unless it was a 100% guaranteed kill-all mission with the Tau 100% unable to make contact with other Tau forces. This isn't because Kroot have undying love for the Tau, but because Tau are supposed to not know that the Kroot hire themselves out as mercenaries - to do so is to betray the Tau's trust, so I'd assume that the Kroot don't want them to find out about it. Nothing gives it away quite like attacking the Tau.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast