Siren - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siren

I'm working on a pretty cheesed out list at the moment, and I had a question about siren. I know its a minor psychic power, and you can use that in any phase but does that mean I can move, shoot with a weapon, then use the psychic ability as well? I think i can since the minor power can be used in the enemy shooting or assault phase but yesterday I was told I couldn't. I can't find a rulebook entry on it, and the only thing I think that the players were referring to were the major powers which usually state "This psychic power may be used instead of your normal attack in the Shooting phase", but I don't see an entry like that for any of the minors. The minor powers can be used base on phase not on turn... so it seems like I should be able to.

If i'm right, I think an infiltrating lord with flight and that Ethereal Lance would be a pretty tough and cheesed out HQ. AP3 Template weapon lol... that sounds like lotsa fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I do believe you're right - it doesn't state instead of X in Y Phase, but instead you simply use it in Y Phase. So you'd be able to, for example, shoot and use the psychic power, I think, if it is used in the Shooting Phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Siren does not replace normal shooting like some powers. So you're free to use the Lance and power as you see fit.

Also, it's worth pointing out that you're allowed to use multiple Minor powers in a turn, just not phase. So you can use a Minor power in your shooting phase and still use Siren during your opponent's shooting phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So

So you figure that the Lance would be best weapon for a cheesed out siren lord? I love template weapons personally, Kai Gun is okay but only assault 2. It is nice to be far away, since one of the problems i have had is being surrounded by an opponent that can't hit me. Then again, if I have a template weapon I can clear my own way out, yes? =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Ether Lance isn't bad. The reason you don't see many people use it is because Wind of Chaos is better. Since you're already a Psyker, why not pick up Wind of Chaos instead? Adding in a Power Weapon will only run you five points more than the Lance, and you get a better Template weapon along with freeing up your Daemonic Weapon for someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because

Because as I understand it I can't use a minor power if I use a major one... it is restricted to one major power per turn or one minor power per phase. Unless I'm misreading it... if I am then Wind of Chaos here I come! If I could use major and minor powers that would just be too overpowering, does anyone know if it is allowed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by EcchuBlessu View Post
    If I could use major and minor powers that would just be too overpowering, does anyone know if it is allowed?
    Well, I was thinking of using the Siren up until you reach enemy lines, summon all of your Daemons, blast off a WoC, then charge into Combat. Chaos Lords belong in Close Combat.

If you're using Siren for the sole purpose of flying around and templating units, then you'll need to go Ether Lance. But I can't condone the usage of points in that scenario.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    Well, I was thinking of using the Siren up until you reach enemy lines, summon all of your Daemons, blast off a WoC, then charge into Combat. Chaos Lords belong in Close Combat.

If you're using Siren for the sole purpose of flying around and templating units, then you'll need to go Ether Lance. But I can't condone the usage of points in that scenario.
    I agree here. Once the Chaos lord is in combat, you won't really need the siren. Its a way of enhancing what ever delivery method you have for him, and by the time you're close enough to winds/lance, you should be charging in.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a good idea too. I've only tried Siren lord once and it worked somewhat well, so I'm still trying to find out what is the best way to use him. A statured siren lord with two CCW and winds of chaos would definately bring down a unit... not to mention the hoard of daemonettes he will summon. As it stands now, i'm trying to make the cheesiest list I can and min/maxing all I can do. So far I was thinking:

Siren Lord... 200pts
    Daemonettes x6 at 90 each for 180
    Defiler with Indirect Fire x2 for 350

This would be for a 750 game. The second list I was thinking of would include 2 HQs, one lord with siren and one infiltrating lt, one defiler, and the rest in Daemonettes. What do you think? I am hesitant to use Daemonettes since last time I did the Daemon bomb tactic they didn't pop out in the right round and the very next turn the player charged up and surrounded me within 1 inch so i couldn't summon the daemonettes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by EcchuBlessu View Post
    That sounds like a good idea too. I've only tried Siren lord once and it worked somewhat well, so I'm still trying to find out what is the best way to use him. A statured siren lord with two CCW and winds of chaos would definately bring down a unit... not to mention the hoard of daemonettes he will summon. As it stands now, i'm trying to make the cheesiest list I can and min/maxing all I can do. So far I was thinking:

Siren Lord... 200pts
    Daemonettes x6 at 90 each for 180
    Defiler with Indirect Fire x2 for 350

This would be for a 750 game. The second list I was thinking of would include 2 HQs, one lord with siren and one infiltrating lt, one defiler, and the rest in Daemonettes. What do you think? I am hesitant to use Daemonettes since last time I did the Daemon bomb tactic they didn't pop out in the right round and the very next turn the player charged up and surrounded me within 1 inch so i couldn't summon the daemonettes.
    Hmm, no matter how you slice it, that's a really pricy lord, almost a full THIRD of your points, If you can get him down to 150, I think you would be far better off.
    185pt statured Lord:
    Lord,MoS Stature, flight, Sorcerer, 6 minor gifts, take Wind of Chaos, Personal Icon.
    Minimal and effective, you save a few points here. The surround and pound is still an issue though, don't get TOO close, pop your chicks and then engage.

Drop a defiler for another pair of daemonette squads.

This will give you 24 daemonettes, a Lord and a defiler.

For ultra-cheesy, drop both defilers and max out on daemonettes, declare it an Emperor's children list, with 6 squads of daemonettes, thats 48 daemonettes! you should be utterly mopping up the oposition. Very few lists can handle that many daemonettes. Just get sort of close (about 18'' away), and use siren to keep from being shot at, and start popping daemonettes until the cows come home, then charge in with your daemon prince to finish the day.
    Just remember to spawn all or most of your daemons before charging headlong into combat with your DP.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast