whats good to take against any cc army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats good to take against any cc army

I play lost and the damned and i was playing a game not but yesturday. It was a three on three game 3000pts per team. it was BA, DA, and TUA vs. Night Lords, Nids and me. and i was wonder just what to take if i was againt the cc armyies. my list pretty much inclued 3 aspiring champions and three squad of 20 strong mutants and two flamers, and obileators (but not in the 3 on 3 game) so do you have any advice?

Those who live be the pen die by those who live by the sword. Those who live by the sword die by those who live by the gun. Which one do you live by.

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves
    WINS:0
    LOSSES:0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

For LatD, I'd probably suggest swarms of Mutants, with AC's and Mutant Bosses with Power Fists galore. Even assault-based armies can get swarmed, especially when you're on Tyranids' side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    For LatD, I'd probably suggest swarms of Mutants, with AC's and Mutant Bosses with Power Fists galore. Even assault-based armies can get swarmed, especially when you're on Tyranids' side.
    Agreed.
    The LaTD mutants with boss and asp champ combo is fierce. I think it's one of the top dogs for CC to be honest. sheer weight of number and you'll win even against 'stealers.

I'll probably get crucified by Lost Nem and King Comrade, but, with a 4+ save or extra strength your muties will become absolute killers. Just remember to keep the numbers high.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Agreed.
    The LaTD mutants with boss and asp champ combo is fierce. I think it's one of the top dogs for CC to be honest. sheer weight of number and you'll win even against 'stealers.

I'll probably get crucified by Lost Nem and King Comrade, but, with a 4+ save or extra strength your muties will become absolute killers. Just remember to keep the numbers high.
    It is, there is very little that can stand up to 6 or so powerfist attacks a phase.
    Just be aware that even though this LatD config is a very tough assault force, configurations like swarming gaunts, or even orks with their sheer weight of numbers can very quickly become a bad situation when you try to play their game on their terms.
    With that combo, genestealers aren't the worry, they're points heavy, and people don't tend to run too, too many of them. its more when you face the high strength leaping gaunts that things will get hairy.

Assaulty meqs hate LatD, and anything that doesn't play the attrition game as well or better.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help guys see me and my friends try to get togther about once every two weeks or so i think were going to play warhammer this friday i'm not sure but my friends play nids, da, ba, night lords, orks, imperail graud, tau, and eldar but yea so i think this information well help me in making my listes
    Those who live be the pen die by those who live by the sword. Those who live by the sword die by those who live by the gun. Which one do you live by.

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves
    WINS:0
    LOSSES:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    It is, there is very little that can stand up to 6 or so powerfist attacks a phase.
    Six or so? Try eight or so. Three for the Boss, and a whopping five for the AC when decked correctly.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Out fighting BA is soo hard with the Death Company. All i can say is kill these guys first. With missile launchers and pfist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Six or so? Try eight or so. Three for the Boss, and a whopping five for the AC when decked correctly.
    When not on the charge... how many?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    When not on the charge... how many?
    Five attacks for the AC, not on the charge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Five attacks for the AC, not on the charge.
    Um, if you put mutation on him, he's 4 attacks not on the charge, I'm not a LatD guru, so I assume the fifth attack comes from MoK?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast