Eldorado Fires unit help? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yeppoon, QLD, Australia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,095
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

    Eldorado Fires unit help?

    I'm going for an army list, but this isn't it.
    I've just (finally) gotten the newest Codex and am working on the army, but I've yet to decypher some of this crazy crap they say.

    I'm going to run by each of the units & Models I'll make, can you all help a new Aspiring Champion out? I'll have some mail-order Daemonette slaves (or Bloodletters if you're female or that way inclined) sent to you for helping...

    Anyway.

    The Daemon Prince, Alphonse Simmons:
    He may not be big & tall, but he's a powerful Daemon who fires bolts of warp-spawned energy from his hands. Having caught the Obliterator virus, Alphonse (or Al, as his servants are NOT allowed to call him) managed to control the spread of the contagion by embracing it fully & whole-heartedly. Melding it to himself until the point where he could control density and appearance (with more than a little help from the Warp itself).

    Alphonse prefers to hide his powerful armour as a layer of skin-like necroplasm which he can meld and mould to his will. The blood of each Champion he has slain joining with his body in Supplication to himself as a massive, living, red cloak that twists and turns at all times as if caught in some intangible wind.

    No points for guessing who HE'S meant to be, right?
    Daemonic: Aura, Essence, Flight, Resilience, Strength, & Visage.
    Mark of change ~@--
    Ether Lance, CCW, Frags, Sorceror, Doombolt, Spiky bits.
    207pts

    PROS: Very flavourful & powerful. Once he gets started, there's not much one can do to stop him. He gets in range fast enough to be a threat early.
    CONS: PRICE!!! He's soo damn expensive for one model that any self-rrespecting tactician will kill him asap.

    Last edited by <E!_Mance>; October 24th, 2006 at 04:15.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by <E!_Mance> View Post
    I'm going for an army list, but this isn't it.
    I've just (finally) gotten the newest Codex and am working on the army, but I've yet to decypher some of this crazy crap they say.

    I'm going to run by each of the units & Models I'll make, can you all help a new Aspiring Champion out? I'll have some mail-order Daemonette slaves (or Bloodletters if you're female or that way inclined) sent to you for helping...

    Anyway.

    The Daemon Prince, Alphonse Simmons:
    He may not be big & tall, but he's a powerful Daemon who fires bolts of warp-spawned energy from his hands. Having caught the Obliterator virus, Alphonse (or Al, as his servants are NOT allowed to call him) managed to control the spread of the contagion by embracing it fully & whole-heartedly. Melding it to himself until the point where he could control density and appearance (with more than a little help from the Warp itself).

    Alphonse prefers to hide his powerful armour as a layer of skin-like necroplasm which he can meld and mould to his will. The blood of each Champion he has slain joining with his body in Supplication to himself as a massive, living, red cloak that twists and turns at all times as if caught in some intangible wind.

    No points for guessing who HE'S meant to be, right?
    Daemonic: Aura, Essence, Flight, Resilience, Strength, & Visage.
    Mark Undivided
    Ether Lance, CCW, Frags, Sorceror, Doombolt, Spiky bits.
    212pts

    PROS: Very flavourful & powerful. Once he gets started, there's not much one can do to stop him. He gets in range fast enough to be a threat early.
    CONS: PRICE!!! He's soo damn expensive for one model that any self-rrespecting tactician will kill him asap.
    Neat concept... yeah, I WONDER who he's a... um.. clone of?
    Well, you get what you pay for, and the only weaknesses I see for him is that he's still very vulnerable to hidden fists, and as such can go pop if he's not as effective as he should be(believe me, I know how that feels)
    My suggestions are, since he's fluff-based to be wielding his own destiny, wouldn't it make sense to make him Tzeenchian? That would take the pace of MoCU and Sorcerer, for the same cost, I belive, and you won't have to take any psychic tests, or worry about morale.
    I think you should drop essence, since he's already got resilience, facing a powerfist that extra wound won't do you any good. Perhaps dropping the ether lance for a familiar(his suit, or even the clown... heheh) and picking up wind of chaos instead for the template, picking up a power weapon instead.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  4. #3
    I r newbie again DP Excerion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    22 (x3)

    Post this in the sticky thread, Chaos HQ + Tactica. That's where people are putting all their different HQ's for advice instead of having all of these types of threads.


  5. #4
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yeppoon, QLD, Australia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,095
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

    Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Neat concept... yeah, I WONDER who he's a... um.. clone of?
    Well, you get what you pay for, and the only weaknesses I see for him is that he's still very vulnerable to hidden fists, and as such can go pop if he's not as effective as he should be(believe me, I know how that feels)
    My suggestions are, since he's fluff-based to be wielding his own destiny, wouldn't it make sense to make him Tzeenchian? That would take the pace of MoCU and Sorcerer, for the same cost, I belive, and you won't have to take any psychic tests, or worry about morale.
    I think you should drop essence, since he's already got resilience, facing a powerfist that extra wound won't do you any good. Perhaps dropping the ether lance for a familiar(his suit, or even the clown... heheh) and picking up wind of chaos instead for the template, picking up a power weapon instead.
    Can a Tzeenchian Commander lead an army with Khornate Berserkers & Daemonettes? If so, then I will.

    And I'm eventually posting all of the units... not just the HQ. More as I figure out this language of Chaos.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

  6. #5
    Sadomachiatto Karmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    7,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    790 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by <E!_Mance> View Post
    Can a Tzeenchian Commander lead an army with Khornate Berserkers & Daemonettes? If so, then I will.
    Yes. The bezerkers will become elite choices though.
    The daemonettes remain troop choices, although need to be summoned from Mark of Slaanesh ~(MoS) or Mark of Chaos Undivided (MoCU), both of which will have to sit in elite choices (as those marks are different from your HQ geddit?)

    Tzeentch's ancient enemy is apparently nurgle. So no nurgle units/daemons in the army.

    Also, E!_mance.. why don't you give your HQ an Ether Lance?

    That way you could have E mance with his E lance.

    hahahahaha..

    Well, it made me laugh anyway.
    LO Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

  7. #6
    I r newbie again DP Excerion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    22 (x3)

    You have to have a MOCU lord to do that. It's got to do with ancient enemies rules.

    Can't wait for the list.

    Edit: I have bever understood all that stuff. I mean one army blocks another but allows this. I just run one god, I don't believe you should be allowed to, but if you want to die and burn in Khorne's blood lakes, then you go ahead.
    Last edited by DP Excerion; October 24th, 2006 at 03:54.


  8. #7
    Now with STFU flames! Caluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Yes. The bezerkers will become elite choices though.
    The daemonettes remain troop choices, although need to be summoned from Mark of Slaanesh ~(MoS) or Mark of Chaos Undivided (MoCU), both of which will have to sit in elite choices (as those marks are different from your HQ geddit?)
    Oh, so close Karmoon. I almost thought you had it.

    Units with the MoCU will always stay in their respective FO slot. Unless we're talking LaTD, but I think we're talking straight Chaos here.

    Quote Originally Posted by DP Excerion
    You have to have a MOCU lord to do that. It's got to do with ancient enemies rules.
    Remember that Nurgle is Tzeentch's Ancient Enemy - neither Khorne or Slaanesh are, so they're allowed in an army with a Tzeentch Lord.


  9. #8
    I r newbie again DP Excerion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    22 (x3)

    See that's just weird. Each god hates each other in their own way. I know your right Caluin I'm just saying that the gos hate each other and I wish they couldn'y ally. Well I'm favoured by my god, and so shall Khorne smite your blasphemous heads off your shoulders.


  10. #9
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Yerp, since it's a BL list we're all suggesting on, make the oblits a trio of "violators"
    EVIL CLOWNS ATTAK!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  11. #10
    I r newbie again DP Excerion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    22 (x3)

    (Circus Theme Plays) Jesus, evil clowns just reminds me of Scooby Doo.

    Good luck on the BL list. Just don't take too much of everything, cause most people play 1500 point lists, not 3000.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts