Need help with maximizing the strengths of noise marines. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Need help with maximizing the strengths of noise marines.

I'm am currently in the stages of refining my Emperor's Children list and I am in need of some help. I think I am going to use 4 infiltrating squads of 6 noise marines and would like some advice on their load out. 2 squads will be CC and 2 will be shooty.
    1. For the shooty squad is an AC w/, 4 sonic blasters, and a blastmaster too expensive? Should I drop a sonic blaster or 2 in favor of bolters to reduce costs?

2. For the cc squads should the AC have a powerfist or power weapon and d.strength combo? the PW lets him use his initiative advantage but lacks the killing ability to take out tanks, dreadnoughts, and wraithlords.

3. On bikes are sonic blasters worth their points? Currently I have 4 sonic blasters and 2 meltaguns to daemonbomb if need be and use as an all around support unit.

Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Helbrecht, lemme try and help you. You and your disgustingly amazingly converted models. *jealous jealous*

1. For the shooty squad is an AC w/, 4 sonic blasters, and a blastmaster too expensive? Should I drop a sonic blaster or 2 in favor of bolters to reduce costs?
    I personally think that many sonic blasters is too many. It's an amazing volley of shots, but it's expensive. Also, for your fire support squad, are you sure you're happy with no particular AP weapon?
    I still think that basics like a plasma will serve better in the long run, and give your squad a good chance should they come across some heavy things.
    I guess it's your call with the plasma. But certainly, cut down on 1 if not 2 blasters.

2. For the cc squads should the AC have a powerfist or power weapon and d.strength combo? the PW lets him use his initiative advantage but lacks the killing ability to take out tanks, dreadnoughts, and wraithlords.
    It's a tricky one.. and it's one that's really really been bothering me. honestly, I hate the chosen number of slaanesh. It's really small, or really unwieldy.
    The Powerfist is the golden standard, but do you have enough abalative wounds? A lot of people add Chaos doggies to the champ to add more wounds, but then that causes problems with majority armour saves and things like that (marines dying for the bow wows).

I know it's not fluffy, but i would seriously consider sacrificing fluff and the free champs to put 8 men in squad and getting a fist.

3. On bikes are sonic blasters worth their points? Currently I have 4 sonic blasters and 2 meltaguns to daemonbomb if need be and use as an all around support unit.
    I'm not overly keen on sonic blasters on marines. But on bikes, they're phenomenal. 3 bolter shots before assaulting someone? It's just great if you ask me.

Hope that helped a bit
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht View Post
    That setup is really great. The bikes move so fast, can lay down a great volley of shots, tank hunt with the melta guns, and then assualt with Warp Scream! It's a good number of points, but well worth it. Been using a group of 5 for those purposes along with Daemonbombing and they always make back more points than what I spent for them.

+ Reply to Thread