cultists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cultists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cultists

i know theres probably 1 of these for every 2 other threads but meh

the lowdown after last budget crisis i sold all models and have had to slowly restart i gots me a 500 point undead force but have stalled on the direction i wish to take it (either vc or tk) so i have decided to go backto somthing i'm more certain about

i have a list for slaanesh thats good but my first chaos love is alpha legion and i though once again i would see if i can make some cultists to suit my tastes (have had trouble in the past cus i was after civilian looking people) i've lowered my standards a lil i would prefer to have some fe-male models thrown in just so it looks more like a rabble of civilians but this time i wouldn't mind a smallish amount of militarisation

so in other words now i'm shooting for more of a staw wars rebel idea any tips, ideas or examples?

ps i was thinking of catachans for the males (slight conversion work maybe needed or might dip into the archives) esher gangers for the fe-males but would they look like members of the same force side by side?

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

I would use a box of plastic Cadians since you get so many. I don't know about helmets though.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I guess it all comes down to painting and basing.
    If you give them a unificatong coloursheme and based them in a uniform way, I don't see there should be a problem to make them look like they belong to the same army.
    Rex on the Hordes of Chaos board has made some great conversions, though they are for WHFB I still think you could use them. He put two models (Marauders) on the same (larger)base, making a small diorama.
    If you did the same in your Cultist unit (but with a Catachan and an Esher) there would be no risk for misunderstandings. And as he says "They die more then one each turn anyway so removing casualities is no problem"

Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i think you could just use a maurader box, a cadian box, and some random bits to make about 40 cultists. If you didn't know you can order cultist models from the classic selection on GW. I think alpha legion would be a great army, you will have to get used to the extremely vunerable infiltrating troops though.

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of tomb kings all the way. Secondly a little gree stuff goes a long way. from the maruader box i would only go with the arms and heads probally, use the cadian legs. You probally could just use the cadian torseos and with a little filing and green stuff make them into civilian torsos. A friend of mine works wonders with his dark eldar bodies, hell he turned one into a guardsmen, i could hardly tell the diffrence between his and mine when it was all said and done.
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Marauders work well.

Also, glade guard from the wood elves. they have male and female bodies and look like civilians.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad they don't just come out with cultist models for Chaos. I know they have a ton of stuff that's close, but they should make cultists different than what is out right now. Personally...I would like to see a cultists squad all wearing long, flowing robes, carring a torch/book with an autopistol in hand. That would be sweet.

-Eclipse
    "Long live the Emperor!"
    - a patient Chaos God

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we talking dream cultists models here :w00t: hmm i would like completely normal looking people i think it would be soo cool to have a model who simply looks like a member of society except for the big gun lol
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opponent: "Dude, what is that?"
    You: "That's my cultist squad."
    Opponent: "..."
    You: "What?"
    Opponent: "Are those..."
    You: "Briefcases? Yep. This is my 'white-collar' cultist squad...it counts as a close-combat weapon."
    Opponent: "Well, I can maybe understand that, but what's that other thing?"
    You: "You ever been stapled?? It hurts man! And um, *cough* they have a range of 12"."

-Eclipse
    "Long live the Emperor!"
    - a patient Chaos God

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hell yeah exactly don't forget the cut lil 6 year ol girl with a rusty mechette and hokey mask :lol:

ohh i found absolute perfect models problem is while they have a sort of cc weapon they are holding regular lasguns

oh they are the tanith ghosts seen on the imp guard miniture gallarey on the uk site theres even a fe-male model i think i might do the frowned upon counts as thing cus cutting up those models would be a crime

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast