Glaive + Juggernaught? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting little debate happened at my gaming club the other day involving the juggernought of khorne now in the codex it is described as being used as a steed by khorne lords however upon further reading it doesn't actually state that it is classed as a steed rules wise. Now i'm sure we all have the chaos codex the question is look at the bonuses you get from selecting a juggernought its already a bargin but to be a steed as well would probobly make it one of the chaos top 3 best buys.

so the question is is the juggernaught counted as a steed?. I have read my codex and also a new print of the codex and the answer is still not clear.

Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

The Jugger is a steed alright but it does not confer the D.steed-rule. Neither do any of the other God-specific Steeds. The Bike is a steed too and that does not move like cavalry either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you sir now the obviouse question (because my codex is an old print and has not got the updated rules) can i combine a Juggernaught with the berzerker glaive.

Just to add to the debate i did ask a resident (supposed) expert at my local gaming club, he said that it didn't count as a steed but more as a package of D abilities at a lightly reduced cost so i'm still pondering.
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Nope, you cannot combine those two (jugger&glaive), not since the third printing of the Dex. It is also written in the Wargear book.

You could however buy the Gifts separately and use the Jugger as a modelling option I guess... just make sure your opponent knows and that you've payed full price for the gifts.

Good Luck.

EDIT II: I think that's how it's written anyway, not sure though since I'm having an as old a Codex as you. But I'm quite certain it prohibits "steeds" as well as any movement enhencments. But since there is no movoement enhancements in the Jugger-pack...
    So if the 3rd printing says "steeds" then you'll have to buy the gifts separately...silly...
    Last edited by Andusciassus; November 3rd, 2006 at 12:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Pulled out of the FAQ thread. I'll add in a note when the question is fully answered.

As for your questions...

1) While being classified as a Steed, the Juggernaught does not confer the Daemonic Speed benefits upon it's rider. All Steeds have their own particular set of abilities that they confer, and all are listed in the description for them. The Daemonic Steed is in no way related to any other form of Steed, other than the fact that they're both classed as Steeds. (Confused yet? Good.)

The simple way to understand all this is to ask yourself a question - "Is this some form of Mount for my Character?" If the answer is "Yes" then it's a Steed. (I.E. a Bike is a Steed, a Jugger is a Steed.) If it is a Steed, then it gives the bonuses, and only those bonuses, that are listed in its description.

2) No, you may not combine the Glaive with a Juggernaught. The Glaive specifically states that you may not be mounted on a Steed while bearing it.

I really wish they would have named the Daemonic Steed a "Daemonic Mount" instead. Would have cleared up so much confusion.

+ Reply to Thread