Havoc Config. ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havoc Config. ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havoc Config. ?

My havocs are planned as follows:

Marks of Chaos Undivided
    8 models
    4 w/ Autocannons
    Veteran skill Tank hunters

It will cost pretty much the same as the ubiquitous Loyalist Missile Squad (just a little more), but will be more effective, and will be able to lay down equal or more effective fire support against light to medium infantry. Or Am I wrong?

It's mission will be to provide fire support to a mostly infiltrating and footslogging balanced force, and will be one of the main staples in my fire plan.

My question is: is this unit not as good as I think it will be? I haven't played in a while, so while this may have seemed a good idea in the past, it may not be so now. Opinions please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats an interesting idea. t should prove fairly effective depending on who your playing. I assume that your on budget point wise? With that squad you should be able to handle most tanks you opponents throw at you. Granted land raiders and stuff will give you some trouble but with 8 shots a turn you should be ok. Missles will have you on stuff like orks just because the frag round get 2 or 3 per shot normally, but against anything with a save you should be able to beat the missle launchers with the autocannons. g
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the Input.

I'm not necessarily on an intense points budget, but I am in it for the most efficiency. 8 Krak missiles a turn out of a 200 point (roundabouts) unit seems pretty efficient to me. Good point on the save thing though. However, My main opponents are Loyalists (surprise!), eldar, and tyranids. Against tyranids this unit will be killing their main elements such as warriors, ravenors, and Genestealers. I think eldar will have to worry about these dudes as well.

Against Loyalists, I intend to use it for scout slaying (duh) and vehicle popping. I have other measures for Doom Rhombuses.

Oh yeah, and I'm giving the non-heavy's close combat weapons, just to give the unit some close range defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against the Nids take a unit with 4 heavy bolters man. Thats 12 shots with no armor saves. You will mow down those weak armored wimps to bits.
    40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, against Tyranids HB's would be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Against the little guys they would, but the bigger creatures would just be wading through the fire and laughing it off.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true but I assumed he would have heavier weapons in the army and HB only work amazing if they are a horde army. If they are a MC army you may want to take pricy but effective lascannon havocs.
    40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    Against the little guys they would, but the bigger creatures would just be wading through the fire and laughing it off.
    That's what the 5-man lascannon snipe troop squad of doom is for. A few of these 90pt suckers and you squish big bugs.
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after taking a look around it seems this is a pretty solid unit, though I may add a few more models to it.

The response seems to be that it can be tailored better to specific opponents better, but in the end works well against most everyone. This is what I expected, so I will continue with the AC's.

Again, thx for all the input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

In my non-khorne chaos army, i have my 3 heavy support options taken up with the exact same havoc squad. Although when i play against Necrons its a totally different story.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast