Defiller question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defiller question

ok iam starting a Iron warriors army and i plan on field 1 bassie and 3 defillers

now with the defillers i have a question about the Reaper auto cannon and the twinlinked heavy bolter. i dont know witch one i should take becuase i wanna be able to take down armor and the boots on the ground ( cant spell inferty). but its of a question what one if better suited for both roles

iam just looking for something genreal poruose so i can bring it to light armor and the boots on the ground.

Future reference - don't post weapons stats. It's against forum rules. Thanks. ~LN

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; November 5th, 2006 at 15:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the reaper.

One: Twin linked two shots will almost always give you 2 hits. With three shots on the bolter you will average about 2 hits as well. May as well have those hits be at higher strength.

Two: It is the piece that comes with the model. Don't add work for yourself by trying to do this conversion if the result is it is a worse tank.
    Ruthlessness is the mercy of the wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks i realy like the advise

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Any vehicle that has an ordinance blast should not upgrade their secondary weapons. Remember, you cannot fire the ordinance blast and the secondary weapons. The reaper is a conditional weapon that only comes in handy if the battle cannon is destroyed, or if the enemy is on the verge of charging the defiler (in which case you won't want to risk the scatter mechanic of the battle cannon).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm

What about living vehicle? Is that a good upgrade since it says you can use it in addition to any other weapon in the shooting phase.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by EcchuBlessu View Post
    What about living vehicle? Is that a good upgrade since it says you can use it in addition to any other weapon in the shooting phase.
    'Living Vehicle' is still a conditional upgrade, since it requires your defiler to be within 3". If, for instnace, you had living vehicle on a vehicle that was bound for c.c., then it would be more applicable; but most of the time, the defiler is threatened by incoming ranged fire, not close combat. For this reason, living vehicle tends to be a poor choice for ranged vehicles. On the whole I've never used this upgrade, because it's rather expensive for what it provides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't change any weapons, and don't upgrade any weapons either.
    The only things to think about are:
    Should I use Indirect or Mutated Hull? Completely up to your play-style, but those are the end of the points.
    [edit- I should clarify...one or the other, never both.]

-Eclipse
    "Long live the Emperor!"
    - a patient Chaos God

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'd say Indirect all the way. It allows you to hide and still provide great cover fire for your troops. Plus, if you're tactically minded it gives you the initiative - it forces your opponent to change plans and at least use one unit to try and take care of the Defiler. Status Quo.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by «hô*šÞìkë18» View Post
    I'd say Indirect all the way. It allows you to hide and still provide great cover fire for your troops. Plus, if you're tactically minded it gives you the initiative - it forces your opponent to change plans and at least use one unit to try and take care of the Defiler. Status Quo.
    I agree with Hotspike, anything other than indirect fire is a wasted upgrade. Your defiler will die if you leave it in the open because your opponent will be scared of the pie plate! Plus it sucks in close combat, hiding it in cover is the best option you have to keep it in the game and droping pie plates, especially with 4 you'll rerally frustrate your opponent. He has to come all the way across the board to get to you while you kill his troops the whole time!
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm

I like indirect fire more than mutated hull, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider it. Mutated hull is great to take against opponents that don't take many heavy weapons. If they plan on popping you with some Melta Guns, chances are thats going to be a fast unit anyway.

Also, Defilers aren't that bad in CC. Against MEQ's they hit on 4+ and then only need 2+ to wound. It could be worse.

Quick question on defiler as well... if you are firing the Ordinance weapon point black, and it scatters onto your defiler, do you just conclude the results as normal? I guess you have to, but I just think that it seems kinda silly that you can shoot yourself with your own gun when your opponent is 1" away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast