Chaos Help Needed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently playing a Chaos Undivided marine force. I've had lots of luck against Tyranids but one of my opponents (Deathwing) is giving me problems.

He likes to put his troops in Land Raiders + a couple of Landspeeders for harassment and 1 Dread. for covering fire.

What usually happens is the Raiders move forward and his Deathwing termies disembark with assault cannons and lightning claws.

If i'm lucky I can send a few of those walking tin cans back with lascannon holes in their armor but cc is usually brutal and quickly over.

What is the way to deal with these psychologically immune maniacs?

PS: Iron Warrior tactics welcome as well....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try adding a unit of khorne berserkers with khornate chain-axes the termis only get 4+ saves against them. also add as many plasma weapons as possible the termie only get 5+ saves against those.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm yeah...but how about replacing plasma with lascannons?

Berzerkers are nice but deathwing is immune to psycho and he often packs gatlings....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I do is I use an obbliterator cult to destroy land raiders, other tanks and fast attack
    I use their lascannons and blow holes through them
    the terms that are in the land raider are hurt and have to take a 4+ save to get out of the land raider ( with no other saves allowed apart from invunrable)
    then you could cream the remaining terms with las-cannons, plasma weapons and melta weapons
    it is also quite handy to have some power weapons arround to finish the job in cc

this is much easier with an iron warriors army because you can use more obliterators
    also taking out the landspeader with a dreadnaughts plasma cannon will help you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah give each squad a lascannon and a plasma gun. you'll cream his land raiders and shoot the termies down with plasma. the idea with the zerkers is that once the termie are left standing in the open and have been shot at they will race forward and engage the survivors most probably outnumbering them and so hack them to peices.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that would work...but I've also considered the fact that landraider can move like....12" at top speed? Once the termies disembark and move 6"...that's 18" already! Looks like I've only 1 shot to take his tracks off him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and another thing...let's be risky and take a defiler instead of the usual predator choice....wonder how will defiler's ordnance do?

I also found out that hvy flamers can quite easily kill normal c. space marine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ordanance is good. if you roll a 6 on the damage chart his termies die automatically. basically try to make him take as many armour saves as possible, he's bound to fail alot of them. how many terminators does he have?
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um roll a 6 on dmg chart? Which dmg chart are u referring to? I thought that all they needed was to roll either a 2+ (ordance AP=3) or invul 5+save...termies aren't vehicles right? :huh:

As for his termies...in our last engagement (800 pts) he fielded 2 squads + a librarian and a dread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set up closer 2 ure deployment line

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast