help agaisnt shooty armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help agaisnt shooty armies

i play latd and my friends play tau, nids, BA, DA, eldar, orks, night lords, and IG, my questions don't really invole the cc armies like BA but more along the lines of tau and how do i beat them with my not that strong latd. i know use terran but eles do i do

Those who live be the pen die by those who live by the sword. Those who live by the sword die by those who live by the gun. Which one do you live by.

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves
    WINS:0
    LOSSES:0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Reaper, that's a very vague, and open ended question.
    Are you looking for: advice on how to tweak or play elements in your army to fight said force?
    If so, please post your list and let us give you tactical advice on how to engage your enemy with your troopers.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I would guess that your problem is walking mutants slowly up through rapid fire range... If that is the case and I'm stabbing in the dark here, there are two things you can do. #1 is shoot his shooters with things such as obliterators and L Russes, the second is add some fast units which can reach CC and tie up opponents so your mutants can live to get to CC. I find the Chaos hounds really good for this as they are basicaly hormagaunts with better str and T for the same points. I also run up a fast chaos lord with them, hit their lines in turn 2 and block LOS kill a squad or two, and basicaly disrupt my opponent's line hopefuly long enough for the heavy hitting mutants to make it up the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea thats what i meant by the question sorry if it wasn't clear enough

the thing is that adding ac with power fist gives it alot of power fist attacks on the charge and i want them alll live for this they don't bother them to much when there still on my side of the feild but when they get to half of the battle feild they get alittle worried about them and there power fist and just start taking them out
    Those who live be the pen die by those who live by the sword. Those who live by the sword die by those who live by the gun. Which one do you live by.

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Here are some general ideas for getting into combat with chaos effectively:
    -if your playing a shooty army like tau you really need to attack a flank and then try to role up with combats. a biker squad is key for this, where your playing lost and the damned you could even do with with a unit to summon some daemons as it pushes them farther forwards.

-don't underestimately your mobs of cultists/mutants. Use a massive mob to shield your marines and other heavy hitters. swamp them with the lessers and hope for the best.

-you can actaully out shoot them with heavies. LaTD has access to run a Basilisk, Leman russ, and a defiler. you can out template them and hammer them down. in addition if you can take a squad of obliterators take them, keep them in reserve, and deep strike them into your opponents rear to disable a vehicle if you can. a unit of 3 obliterators should be able to take down at least 2 vehicles or a squad. don't go into combat as the their special rules negative the additional attack for charging. i can give lots of better advice if you post some units you have in your list.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

i play latd and my friends play tau, nids, BA, DA, eldar, orks, night lords, and IG, my questions don't really invole the cc armies like BA but more along the lines of tau and how do i beat them with my not that strong latd. i know use terran but eles do i do
    Against the IG, you can't just run headlong at the closest unit. You need to isolate units before assaulting them. Many IG players will place bait squads to absorb your charges, grind you to a halt about 7-12 inches from their main lines. Next thing you know your men are getting greased by an unholy amount of fire.

To fix this, you either need a very very large amount of assault troops so you can weather the fire, IMO, this isn't such a good tactic and relies too strongly on fair luck.

A better option is to bring some shooty units, use them to target the units behind the Bait squads that your assault units are running at. If you can isolate the bait squads you can assault them without fear of major rapidfire repercussions, thus leaving your assault unit far more intact to charge a second unit in your next turn.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

2 things:

Play with more terrain

Defilers with indirect fire

I've found that the more terrain we use the more we enjoy playing 40K. It's adds a really interesting dimension to the game and stops it being dominated by guns and AP.

Defilers with indirect fire are obvious. If your mates are insisting on using stay on the backline and shoot tactics, then make him move.
    Note, this won't work against armies which also use a lot of indirect fire.

If you're playing LaTD then i recommend tzeentchian mutants and or Chaos doggies. They're both fast - really really fast and even if they don't kill the enemy, if they tie them up long enough for your powerfitsts to get there, you should be ok.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for all the post this should help me vs these shooty armies thanks again

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves

+ Reply to Thread