Ancient Enemies in LatD - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Ancient Enemies in LatD

How does the ancient enemies rule work in regards to the lost and the damned? For example, my LatD has aspiring champions as it's compulsory HQ choice and a Khornate DP for it's secondary HQ choice (allied). I was considering bringing in a unit of daemonnettes, would that be legal? The DP costs more than any one of my aspiring champions.

Editting to say: I did put this question in the rules section last week, but it was overlooked and is now on the second page.

Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I'm not a LatD guru, but I believe the answer is:
    Yes, the ancient enemies rules must be observed.
    Because remember that LaTD is allying CSM units out of them.

The Khornate DP and the daemonettes are being brought in as allies being brought in and the allies must follow the rules of the force allying. I think of them as a part of a friendly army that has agreed to fight along side of the traitors, if the Khornate DP and the daemonettes couldn't coexist in the parent force they were from(since its a Khornate DP, it can't) then the daemonettes cannot be taken as a choice.

hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    I'm not a LatD guru, but I believe the answer is:
    Yes, the ancient enemies rules must be observed.
    Because remember that LaTD is allying CSM units out of them.

The Khornate DP and the daemonettes are being brought in as allies being brought in and the allies must follow the rules of the force allying. I think of them as a part of a friendly army that has agreed to fight along side of the traitors, if the Khornate DP and the daemonettes couldn't coexist in the parent force they were from(since its a Khornate DP, it can't) then the daemonettes cannot be taken as a choice.

hope this helps.
    The problem is that the daemonettes aren't being brought in as allies, they're in the LatD lists.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    The problem is that the daemonettes aren't being brought in as allies, they're in the LatD lists.
    I'm looking at the LatD army list on the GW website and it looks as though you are taking them as elites, right?(not that it matters)
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...lostdamned.pdf

Then I would say it comes down to how "allies" fall in army compillation.
    SO, the bigger question is: does the army as a whole still have to fall under the ancient enemies rules, or can the individual components of two allied forces comply, but not necessarily as a whole.

I would err on the side of no, still, because it is still a force as a whole, and your DP is your dominant HQ, whether its compulsary or not, its the most expensive HQ and would "be in charge" in a situation like that, not the aspiring champs. So I think the daemonettes would be out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'de say that it still applies. even if you could bend the rules or interperate it to say that you can its not realy in the spirit of the game to say just because its LATD that slanesh and khrone are now good buddies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Well, the most expensive HQ is the Aspiring Champions, it's just that no one aspiring champion costs what the DP does (close to it though). And yeah, the daemonnettes would be taken as elites (troop slots are full).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Well, the most expensive HQ is the Aspiring Champions, it's just that no one aspiring champion costs what the DP does (close to it though). And yeah, the daemonnettes would be taken as elites (troop slots are full).
    It doesn't matter. Chaos Lords are ALWAYS your Ancient Enemies indicator, even if you have a Lieutenant who costs more. If you had:
    HQ:
    Lord
    Mark of Khorne

Lieutenant
    Mark of Nurgle
    Manreaper, Pistol
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Strength
    etc.

Your list would be Khorne aligned.
    Open up in the name of the Lawl!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by kingcomrade View Post
    It doesn't matter. Chaos Lords are ALWAYS your Ancient Enemies indicator, even if you have a Lieutenant who costs more. If you had:
    HQ:
    Lord
    Mark of Khorne

Lieutenant
    Mark of Nurgle
    Manreaper, Pistol
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Strength
    etc.

Your list would be Khorne aligned.
    Even when you're not playing chaos? (Note, I'm doing Lost and the Damned).

I guess you all are right, I just don't see how an allied commander gets to tell my boys what to field and not to field. Oh well, I need to spend the points on furies anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

The Ancient Enemies rule Does Not Apply to LatD.
    There is nothing I have ever seen that puts down in writing that this is the case. Ancient enemies is a rule that affects only one legion of chaos: Black Legion. LatD has it's own rules that state what they can and cannot take and it makes no mention of Ancient Enemies, or makes any mention of folowing any rules in the Chaos Space marine codex except that units taken from a codex use upgrades/wargear from the parent codex, and that certian models have access to the Chaos Space marine Armory.

Ancient Enemies DOES apply to allies drawn from Chaos though. . . If you took a Khorn DP, that would shut you out from Noise marine bikers for example. But this is because both The DP and the Bikers come from the black legion list.
    A khorne Arch-Heretic as your HQ would not bann you from taking Slaanesh bikers however because the Arch-Heretic comes from the LatD list anyway I got to go to work so that ought to be good for now.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by JORMAGI View Post
    The Ancient Enemies rule Does Not Apply to LatD.
    There is nothing I have ever seen that puts down in writing that this is the case. Ancient enemies is a rule that affects only one legion of chaos: Black Legion. LatD has it's own rules that state what they can and cannot take and it makes no mention of Ancient Enemies, or makes any mention of folowing any rules in the Chaos Space marine codex except that units taken from a codex use upgrades/wargear from the parent codex, and that certian models have access to the Chaos Space marine Armory.

Ancient Enemies DOES apply to allies drawn from Chaos though. . . If you took a Khorn DP, that would shut you out from Noise marine bikers for example. But this is because both The DP and the Bikers come from the black legion list.
    A khorne Arch-Heretic as your HQ would not bann you from taking Slaanesh bikers however because the Arch-Heretic comes from the LatD list anyway I got to go to work so that ought to be good for now.
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification man.
    I saw the quandry but didn't know the specifics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast