Newb Chaos Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newb Chaos Question

Hey Guys,
    I am starting a Chaos army and was wondering if I choose a Black Legion army can I play in tournaments if I field it in different colors. I guess what I am asking is can I create a "Black Legion" army chapter of my own with my chosen colors for tournament play? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnator View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I am starting a Chaos army and was wondering if I choose a Black Legion army can I play in tournaments if I field it in different colors. I guess what I am asking is can I create a "Black Legion" army chapter of my own with my chosen colors for tournament play? Thanks
    Johnator,

Not only is it ok to do this, it's probably a very good idea too.
    It's original, and people will give you kudos for this

Secondly, if gives you a lot of tactical flexibilty this is important because with chaos, it's not one army you're getting yourself in for, but closer to 5 or 6 potential armies.

With your own colours you can easily switch between: nightlord rules, Alpha legion rules, Word bearer rules, Alpha Legion rules, Emperor's children, Undivided, Alpha Legion.

So yeah, of course you can.

Did I mention it meant you could also play Alpha Legion also?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah

Definately go with what Karmoon said. I started Chaos 3 months ago and I've gone through 4 different armies already. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to repaint every model each time I switched. Thats why its easier to make your own legion and say it follows whatever rules... you get bonus fluff points and save yourself a lot of trouble in the process!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Welcome Johnator to Librarium Online!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnator
    I am starting a Chaos army and was wondering if I choose a Black Legion army can I play in tournaments if I field it in different colors.
    The short answer is 'yes' the long answer is 'without question' The Black Legion, although having it's own fluff and special character (Abaddon) really just represent a Chaos list without any modifiers or restrictions, meaning that any Chaos list you form, with any colour scheme you choose, is completly legal in tournament play.

Using there rules is no problem, saying that your purple marines are part of the actual Black Legion however (they painted there armour, Tzeentch commanded it!), may be too much to wish for.

Oh yah, welcome to the dark side :ninja:
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks that helps a lot! I think Alpha Legion is really a cool legion actually. Their fluff is pretty interesting. I also like Iron Warriors but they seem overplayed somewhat. I basically want something original and interesting so that is sweet that it is appreciated by people.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Johnator,

Not only is it ok to do this, it's probably a very good idea too.
    It's original, and people will give you kudos for this

Secondly, if gives you a lot of tactical flexibilty this is important because with chaos, it's not one army you're getting yourself in for, but closer to 5 or 6 potential armies.

With your own colours you can easily switch between: nightlord rules, Alpha legion rules, Word bearer rules, Alpha Legion rules, Emperor's children, Undivided, Alpha Legion.

So yeah, of course you can.

Did I mention it meant you could also play Alpha Legion also?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha thanks man good to be here. :lol:

Oh yah, welcome to the dark side :ninja:[/quote]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Thanks that helps a lot! I think Alpha Legion is really a cool legion actually. Their fluff is pretty interesting. I also like Iron Warriors but they seem overplayed somewhat. I basically want something original and interesting so that is sweet that it is appreciated by people.
    Originality? Chaos is the correct choice for you then. Your fluff and models are limited only by your imagination

Tactically, it's a well rounded codex with lots of potential. We're neither too weak or too breakable.

If you're into writing fluff and want it watertight, then I recommend a trip to our fluffmasters page. They'll help you whip your fluff into something that's believable
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like Iron Warriors but they seem overplayed somewhat.
    Tell me about it. There were a few IW players before the new codex came out, and after it came out, I am forced to switch to a new legion as five others popped in my gaming group.

BL is the best choice, as a lot of people tend to stay away from them, calling them chaos smurfs.
    Cheerio.

[Iron Warriors] [6000]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Well BL are Chaos smurfs!!!!:shifty: Actually I am painting my own chapter a chaos army - at the moment I'm going for the slowest painted award!!

On the serious side, I've picked a colour scheme and after several months, worked out their legion symbol and am still formulating fluff about them.

The best part is that you can use the existing legions OR make your own. Having the concept of rebel legions (like the Red Corsairs for example) just widens the scope of how you design your legion and how far your imaginiation can wander.

The easiest way to play it is probably using the BL rules, as they seem pretty universal in application and go nuts!! (not like those sissy Alpha legion boys )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey Guys,
    Hey, so this falls under fair and reasonable modelling in my book. Any legion can be modelled as any color scheme or creative modelling as long as everything is reasonably represented. Using other color schemes to represent a black legion army is just fine. Remember that black legion is a "codex" or "vanilla" chaos list with access to Abbadon. I don't see why anyone would ever have an issue with it.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast