Demonette - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demonette

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Demonette

Hi, I am a fairly new player to the dark side (been playing with my friend's army who exchanged his with mine ), and today I encountered a problem while playing the game. Demonette's attack value says 1+1 in my codex (1st printing), but in the profile it also says it's equipped with Demonic Talon but does not say the extra attack is already included in the profile unlike the other demon packs. I am assuming the Demonetts are base "attack 3" because of it? It looks almost too good to be true -- 15pt that's even better than a Genestealer!

Thanks

Last edited by nekochen; December 10th, 2006 at 04:01.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually

Actually, the +1 is an old style of referencing the additional attack in the profile. Daemonic Talons basically count as two close combat weapons, and you can't have anything in addition to them weapon-wise that grants you an extra attack as per the codex entry.

So, Daemonettes are base 2 attack and 3 on the charge. Don't worry though, that is more than enough to take down just about anything in the game.

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I was thinking about adding demonettes to my "slurgle" army to ad to its CC potential, because most of my army is firepower and i dont want to go through the trouble of magatizing all of my noise marines, are they worth it, in my list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes

Daemonettes are arguably the best daemon option. As a previous Slaanesh player, I can without a doubt tell you that summoning 6 daemonettes who can then move and assault with 3 rending attacks each will destroy pretty much anything. I've whiped out entire tactical squads before, as well as enemy armor like Dreadnoughts. The most important thing with Daemonettes is summoning them in good position. If they aren't able to assault the turn they come in they will quickly be shot to death. In my opinion, nothing packs as big a punch for such value as a unit of Daemonettes.

As you can probably tell, they are my favorite daemon but now that I am IW I can't use them. Runners up include Furies for the great point value and versatility, followed by the Bloodletters which are just too expensive.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Well, after playing my first games with my chaos army at a friendly tournament, this is what I found from the daemonettes.

Daemonettes: I only had five, and it soon became apparent that this isn't enough to do the job. They're strong on the charge, but I didn't have the numbers to break through my opponent's units. Thus the subsequent return attacks would kill off one or two and it would go downhill from there. In short, daemonettes are not suited to operating independantly or in low numbers and cannot win a battle of attrition.

I also found that unless my Lord was up close and personal (escalation held him off the board a couple of times) that they were too slow to be effective. They need an Icon close to the enemy that can guarrantee them getting into assault. I found that they worked best summoned when my Lord was actually in Close Combat.

Mounted Daemonettes: These things were gold if they could keep rolling from one assault to another. Like the Daemonettes, if they got caught in the open after an assault the enemy did some serious damage to them with their guns.

They have an advantage over the Daemonettes with their speed though. I found I could summon them in my own deployment zone and with an on target scatter their speed could see them into assault anyway.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

triumph

Triumph: What exactly were you assaulting? Five is a bit low, but that should be enough to take out a bunch of MEQs. If you're attacking like a ten man tac squad at full strength, that could be a bad idea but Daemonettes usually are able to strike fast and hard, and win the battle of attrition due to superior numbers. With the higher initiatve due to warp scream, they will be striking first in combat with regular Space Marines granting them a enormous advantage because of the rending ability.

The low save is a problem, but if your daemonettes didn't get the job done for you that generally means that you need more of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

Because of their footsloggin' speed, my daemonettes were usually forced to assault stuff in cover, thus even the lowly firewarriors would knock a couple off before I got to strike. So then I'd be down to three. Basically the daemonettes ended up as nothing much more than shield for my Lord and a distraction in general. Then again they were only 75 pts, so it wasn't like they were going to do heaps anyway.

Yeah, I agree, five is way too low but it was all I had available to play with at the time.

The Mounted Daemonettes on the other hand performed much better, because they could manouvre past the units in cover and kill the ones outside, they could also put themselves in a better postion to massacre into other enemy units. That and their extra attack came in handy. :yes:
    Last edited by Triumph Of Man; December 10th, 2006 at 04:55.

Karmoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Right, thanks for clearing it up for me

Demonette is like a Genestealer in any ways I look at it, except the girls have invulnerable save comparing to their Genestealer counterpart which do not. :yes:
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

The Genestealers are faster in close combat, which resulted in my Daemonettes getting slaughtered.

Karmoon

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I may be the only one that does this, I take my daemonettes in squads of 12. And I take three of them when possible. By infiltrating some noisemarines out of sight and close to the enemy, I am pretty much assume at least one pack will be in combat on turn two. The large pack allows usually will allow me to assault multiple squads with one go. By assaulting multiple squads, i can safely assume that they will be in combat for at least two assault phases, before they wipe out their enemies. This then gives me yet another chance to assault yet another squad or two. Repeat. I'd be willing to bet that in games where i use them my 3 packs of daemonetees kill at least double their points each time. ( One game i had a pack wipe out 400 points worth of termies, a chaplain and a master all in two assault phases. They then proceeded to move across the field in two yet more marine squads, when the smoke cleared they killed over 1500 points in a 4000k point game)
    If your willing to invest a little bit more large daemonette squads are incredibly more survivable..... as long as your smart about it.
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast