Mark of Nurgle + Termies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark of Nurgle + Termies

when you mark your chosen termies with Mark of nurgle, do they get +1 attack for 2 CC weapons since a combi bolter is, in essence, a bolter? Thus true grit gives termies a base attack of 3?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

No. The combi-bolter is not considered a bolter for this purpose. A similiar scenario revolves around the reaper auto-cannon. Models w/ the Mark of Nurgle cannot take the autocannon, but they can take the reaper autocannon, because it is not considered an autocannon for this purpose.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Additionally, I thought that true grit only applied to models in power armour.

Terminators have servos and terminator honours which explains their extra attacks...
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition, the BGB states in the True Grit entry that True Grit is not usable with combi-weapons of any kind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

... in addition..

yeah, so in consolidation of everything said:

true grit only applies to bolters(unfortunately combi-bolters are not bolters), terminators never get a 2x CCW bonus(they sorta designed it that way).
    BUT, termies already come with a +1 attack so, so what? A chosen aspiring champion terminator, however would have 3 attacks.
    Nurgle termies are awesome.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    How awesome are they? Strength 7+ weaponry kills them just as good as it kills regular termies. Are they good because they can resist small arms fire and close combat with those squads who don't have a hidden powerfist?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by onodera View Post
    How awesome are they? Strength 7+ weaponry kills them just as good as it kills regular termies. Are they good because they can resist small arms fire and close combat with those squads who don't have a hidden powerfist?
    Well, I think you're referring to plasmas, in which yes, the AP kills them like any other termie, and Str 8 + does whop them something good.

Yes above, they can resist an insane amount of heavy bolter and below weaponary.
    I normally don't like termies myself, but have come to respect the nurgloid terminator breed.
    Especially in an army with a low number of target priorities, they take shots away from that predator you desparately need to take out the enemy armor, or those obliterators who you might rather have go do something else, or any number of things, they survive in general longer than any other unit(except maybe tzeenchian, but just by a small margin, and only against plasma) They can field RACs the only HW that the DG army can field.
    Yes, the hidden fist is deadly, but when isn't it? Termies, like any other specialized unit requires skill to field appropriately, tossing them at a squad of grey hunters or blood claws with multiple PFs in the squad would be a mis-use of them, but ONE hidden fist? You stand a good chance of losing one or two a turn it hurts but I think the termies have the edge.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

True. Everything S7 and above has no problems killing them. But how many of those guns are there normally on a tabletop? (that is a rethorical question, btw)

All the S3 stuff out there has enormous problems getting rid of Nurgle Termies. IG lasguns, Howling Banshees and so on.

All the S4 stuff is also drastically reduced in its effectiveness (Bolterfire)

Plus you have access to the (in a Deathguard army) much needed Reapercannon.

So Nurgle termies are awesome indeed.

EDIT: dang, theyak beat me to it.
    Last edited by Lamenter; December 11th, 2006 at 20:39.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

A few reasons: Termis w/ the MoK & the MoS only benefit from the basic mark if they are in c.c., whereas w/ the MoN (and the MoT), the benefits work both at range and in c.c..

When compared to termis w/ the MoT, the MoN config is cheaper and grants only a little less staying power. Against power fists, the MoT and the MoN are statistically the same, but the MoN is cheaper, which some would argue makes it better for losing models. Against weapons w/ a strength of 7, the MoT is clearly superior. However, against weapons w/ a strength of 6 or less, the MoN is only very slightly less effective at keeping the termi alive.

On a very general note, The MoN provides about the same staying power as the Necron's 'We'll be back rolls' for most combat scenarios. Of course this does not consider Rez Orbs and is only looking at basic attacks.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    ... in addition..

yeah, so in consolidation of everything said:

true grit only applies to bolters(unfortunately combi-bolters are not bolters), terminators never get a 2x CCW bonus(they sorta designed it that way).
    BUT, termies already come with a +1 attack so, so what? A chosen aspiring champion terminator, however would have 3 attacks.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but they get the bonus if they weild lightning claws wouldn't they?
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast