need predator help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need predator help

need help with stuff about my predator i dunno wich would be better off on the main gun the dual gun or the single (first peice i get my army on xmas and i dunno what the guns is called yet so lol itd be nice to know what those 2 are also)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, the dual piece is the twin-linked kascannon and the single is the autocannon. In my oppinion the best set-up is the autocannon turret with lascannon sponsons. This gives you the ability to take out tanks with your sponsons and you can deal with infantry with the autocannon, also the autocannon isn't that bad at taking out light vehicles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin View Post
    need help with stuff about my predator i dunno wich would be better off on the main gun the dual gun or the single (first peice i get my army on xmas and i dunno what the guns is called yet so lol itd be nice to know what those 2 are also)
    Well, ok, it depends on what you want it to do in your army.

The autocannon with Lascannon sponsons are a very good versatile unit, it can hunt tanks, it can smoosh a little light vehicle and such.

If you want it to ONLY hunt tanks, then all lascannons are excellent, you get to move and shoot(hitting almost for sure) and having a good chance to at least stun or shake it so next turn you can unleash all the lascannon goodness.

Autocannons with Heavy bolter sponsons are great if you know you will be facing a LOT of infantry. Even better against Ar4 or worse units, but the Volume of fire is quite handy against power armor too.

Twin linkedLascannon with heavy bolter sponsons is good if you intend to be hunting big tough critters, and things on the move, you can move 6'' and shoot your lascannon and unleash the rain of heavy bolter shots, though its arguable that the autocannon is better for this tactic for the extra shot.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I thought the Autocannon HEavy bolter predator or Dakka Predator was really good.

But considering the fact that you should always have some autocannon havocs and a good core of marines with bolters and heavy bolters.. i'm beginning to think it's redundant.

Even the triple las cannon set up.. it's good for tank hunting,. but i still don't think the extra 1 las cannon shot is worth that much. I'd much rather take the autocannon and lascannon predator with daemonic possession.

Against vehicles AP doesn't matter anyway ('1' and '-' and venom cannons excluded obviously.)

@ Kenshin.. i converted my predator to the deliciously ambiguous 'Chaos Cannon'. I've had no complaints as to whether the main turret functions as an autocannon or TL Las cannon.

Good luck
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karmoon, how did you make this "chaos cannon"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Power Armored Zombie View Post
    Karmoon, how did you make this "chaos cannon"?
    Mainly by converting the old style predator to fit in with spair defiler parts.
    I shall post a picture tonight. Sorry I can't do it know, but i have work and stuff.

It looks quite good - definitely a lot more Chaosy and definitely better than the weedy old school autocannon...

Watch this space
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

One thing everyone seems to forget, AC + HBs = Move AND shoot EVERYTHING. The first time I used AC + Las I was depressed at how little I got to shoot. Tank Hunting isn't an issue with IW, so my pred tends to be highly mobile and going after targets of opportunity. What good is a somewhat mobile turrett (that's what it becomes with Las sponsoons if you want to shoot them often).
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoal07 View Post
    One thing everyone seems to forget, AC + HBs = Move AND shoot EVERYTHING. The first time I used AC + Las I was depressed at how little I got to shoot. Tank Hunting isn't an issue with IW, so my pred tends to be highly mobile and going after targets of opportunity. What good is a somewhat mobile turrett (that's what it becomes with Las sponsoons if you want to shoot them often).
    IMHO, Perdators aren't the move and shoot kind of machine. It is more the role of a raptor of bike squad to do so. The predator is great at positionning itself to have a good angle and to shoot everything that come in the open, then redeploy elsewhere and do it again.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

+ Reply to Thread