khorne destroyers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member Hand of Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x1)

    khorne destroyers

    I'm thinking of putting them on a couple of my rhinos in my world eaters force. What I want to know is, are they very effective? or are they not worth the points? The rest of my army is mainly berzerkers with some possesed and some bloodletters and either a defiler or a predator.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    The other Kind of Fluff Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    with Alice
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,843
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

    Yes, rhinos can be used very effectively. One of the major obsticales in a W.E. army is how to deal with units that are simply better than berzerkers and bloodletters in c.c.. This issue is further hardened if the zerkers are using a Talisman of the Burning Blood. Rhinos can help to solve this problem by having a massive hunk of metal that can be thrown between the zerkers and enemy units that are superior in c.c. (genestealers for one). The uncontrollable aspect of zerkers is why this tactic works so well for them. Of course, it can be used by any marine army, but since zerkers sometimes have to charge into c.c., a rhino can especially benenfit them by blocking the line of charge. This tactic works well with a couple of rhinos. You really don't need too many. Plus, the rhinos can also block the enemy's line of sight to your predators and what naught. Typically, if you're taking 4 units of zerkes and 2 of bloodletters, you should have no more than 2 rhinos. Don't take just one, as most vehicles work best in numbers.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

  4. #3
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York State
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

    the Destroyer upgrade can be useful, but its unlikely it will do much except for a Dreadnought.

    Personally, I'd use the Destroyer Upgrade for Rhinos when facing low armour troops, that way, you're guaranteed some kills. Which lightens the load for the Berserkers and the rest of your army.

  5. #4
    Happy trails Adeptjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CT, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

    destroyers work well on a handfull of swarm armies "nids " are the only one that comes to mind. It can be a good way to overrun a fast brood of cheap gaunts. the problem comes with timing your destroyers charge, to gain maximum efectiveness. I would only add them against nids or if I had extra points to spend.

    Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

  6. #5
    The other Kind of Fluff Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    with Alice
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,843
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian MalSeraph View Post
    the Destroyer upgrade can be useful, but its unlikely it will do much except for a Dreadnought.
    Come on now. Putting the destroyer upgrade on a rhino makes for a 12" moving swarm buster. And let me to you, it CAN really cause disorder in your enemy's squads, not to mention ruining his tempo.

    The destroyer upgrade works well (actually) against quite a number of armies, not just Nids. It's great against Orks & D. Eldar also, and can be used effectively against Tau, I.G. and Eldar. This upgrade is one of the few things that W.E. has for dealing with c.c. units that are better than zerkers and letters.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

  7. #6
    Spiky MindRaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    768
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

    I like the fluff of the destroyer upgrade, but I must admit I never achieved great success with it. It cost a lot for what it does and if you should pay for two of these upgrades, go for another rhino. The havoc launcher has killed more marines than the destroyer in my case. The big difference is that the destroyer has to reach the ennemy while the havoc launcher only need a line of sight.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

  8. #7
    The other Kind of Fluff Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    with Alice
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,843
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by MindRaked View Post
    I like the fluff of the destroyer upgrade, but I must admit I never achieved great success with it. It cost a lot for what it does and if you should pay for two of these upgrades, go for another rhino. The havoc launcher has killed more marines than the destroyer in my case. The big difference is that the destroyer has to reach the ennemy while the havoc launcher only need a line of sight.
    Yep...all true. The big advantage of the destroyer ona rhino is that you can tank shock troops with great effeciency, which for a W.E. army, is very valuable. The uncontrollable aspect of the zerkers is semi-compensated by tank shocking enemy c.c. squads that zerkers cannot manage on their own. It allows for zerkers to have a better chance of getting the charge.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

  9. #8
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York State
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

    Quote Originally Posted by boydgarrett View Post
    Come on now. Putting the destroyer upgrade on a rhino makes for a 12" moving swarm buster. And let me to you, it CAN really cause disorder in your enemy's squads, not to mention ruining his tempo.

    The destroyer upgrade works well (actually) against quite a number of armies, not just Nids. It's great against Orks & D. Eldar also, and can be used effectively against Tau, I.G. and Eldar. This upgrade is one of the few things that W.E. has for dealing with c.c. units that are better than zerkers and letters.
    All of those armies you just mentioned have comparatively low armour, no better than a 4+, to which I was referring in my post.

    I'm merely stating that it is unlikely to work against MEQ armies, which a very large proportion of 40k players have, such as Chaos, DH, WH, Necrons, etc. Leave them to the Berserkers and Bloodletters.

  10. #9
    The other Kind of Fluff Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    with Alice
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,843
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian MalSeraph View Post
    All of those armies you just mentioned have comparatively low armour, no better than a 4+, to which I was referring in my post.

    I'm merely stating that it is unlikely to work against MEQ armies, which a very large proportion of 40k players have, such as Chaos, DH, WH, Necrons, etc. Leave them to the Berserkers and Bloodletters.
    My fault. I don't know what I was doing. Yeah, I remember reading your post earlier, but I'm not sure where I was (in the head) after that. No worries.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

  11. #10
    Sadomachiatto Karmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    7,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    790 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adeptjosh View Post
    destroyers work well on a handfull of swarm armies "nids " are the only one that comes to mind. It can be a good way to overrun a fast brood of cheap gaunts. the problem comes with timing your destroyers charge, to gain maximum efectiveness. I would only add them against nids or if I had extra points to spend.
    The nid player that's stupid enough to throw his gaunts at a vehicle they can't touch deserves to lose them.

    Just watch out for wrap-around gargoyles, termagaunts and the elusive S5 termagaunt.
    LO Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts