Favourite Heavy Support? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your favourite Chaos Heavy Support option?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Havocs

46 43.81%
  • Predator

23 21.90%
  • Dreadnought

12 11.43%
  • Land Raider

3 2.86%
  • Defiler

21 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Favourite Heavy Support?

I'm about to re-start my Chaos army (as soon as I get the cash) and was looking at the heavy support and it seems he have some pretty nice options.

I would guess that the Predator and Havocs are common, but I haven't seen much use of Dreadnoughts. Are they any good? What about defilers with their strangely-bad melee attacks? And of course the point-monster the Land Raider - is it really worth the points?

I know it depends on which Legion you play, as all things do, but oh well. Vote away!

AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I think Defiler models look amazing and the indirect fire definitely helps, but i feel they are too lack in CC. They are easily bigger than a Dreadnought, yet get owned by them

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

You'll find that havocs will dominate on this board.

Resilient, tactically flexible, awesome fire power.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer Leman Russes in my Chaos armies, but since you didn't put either them or basilisks on the list I just picked havocs.
    Last edited by Chemcommando; January 1st, 2007 at 16:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I'm split, I like both Havocs and Defilers. But for performance, Havocs are much more predicatble and consistent. So I voted for them.

I've used Dreads before. They're fun, but by far the most inconsistent option. Not something to generally take in a tourny list, but cool for friendly games. Between thier weak-ish armor, limited weapons, and the whole insane thing, they're just not reliable. I've actually had to sacrifice my cannon fodder daemons to my own dread before just to preserve my still-scoring marine squads.

On the other hand, if you want a truely pure-assault army, you couldn't get a better option then the dreads. They mangle things in CC. Well, provided said things don't have a chainfist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer a good Predator with Top Lascannon and Heavy Bolters on side, for my TS army, i think they really rock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would go havocs because of long range tank and heavy troop killing which is handy or a land raider because you cant beat the 14 armour all round and the lascannons ( twin linked ) make it mad ......... bit pricy in points but good for big games rarther the havocs would be better for smaller games.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Well Havocs currently have more votes than all the others added together. Looks like it'll be Havocs then, although everyone keep voting!

Do you normally have most of your heavy support as Havocs, or just always take one squad? And what tactics do you use for them; just keep them back in cover and fire like crazy?
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my Death Guard I use 2 Preds and a Dread. I dont like the Dread and am currently replacing it with a Defiler. Death Guard Havocs are almost non-existant so I vote for the Predator.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PaRaSiTe_X92 View Post
    Well Havocs currently have more votes than all the others added together. Looks like it'll be Havocs then, although everyone keep voting!

Do you normally have most of your heavy support as Havocs, or just always take one squad? And what tactics do you use for them; just keep them back in cover and fire like crazy?
    That's the thing about havocs.. what do you need them to do?

infiltrate them with plasma guns to burn the terminator's faces off?

Stand back and assault skimmers with autocannon doom?

just another troop squad with a fist champ and some melta guns?

Havocs are capable of all these things.

You'll find 4 autocannons and 4 meatshields are the most reliable choice against anything. Then people often use 4 missile launchers or 4 meltas/plasmas.

Mixing weaponry isn't generally a good idea, although i've had good luck with two autocannons and 2 missile launchers.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast