Khorne : Shoot there and assault elsewhere ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Khorne : Shoot there and assault elsewhere ?

Hi, I recently played against another Khorne player and as against any khorne player, I used the "I put my tank close to your guy so you will assault it and i'll still be able to shoot you".

Since Berzerkers are forced to assault anything that is closest to them, they have to go against these tanks. Yet, Is there anything that prevent them to shoot at another unit before charging the tank.

It is written in the WF40k rulebook that if your fire at a unit, it the only one that you can assault. Yet, it's not stated that a unit that is forced to assault the closest unit can't shoot at another unit. So the kid argued me that he could do so and since I was already winning, I chose to let him do.

Yet, I still want your input about the situation. Can Khorne Berzerkers shoot at another unit even if it's compeled to assault the closest target.

MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Absolutely not. The rules are crystal clear on this one. You can only charge a unit you shoot. Period. The codex does not override this. It says you have to charge the nearest unit, and makes no mention of negating the shooting rules and restrictions. So in order to accomodate that charge rule, you must also shoot the closest unit, if it is also within charge range. Otherwise you couldn't charge it and the charge-requirement wouldn't be in effect, so in that case you could shoot anything else within range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Fact is, the person doesn't have to go towards the tank unless they suffer blood frenzy(although if they are within 6" during the assault phase, then they must) in which case, they cant shoot anyway. i.e. if you blood frenzy, you cant shoot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru View Post
    Fact is, the person doesn't have to go towards the tank unless they suffer blood frenzy(although if they are within 6" during the assault phase, then they must) in which case, they cant shoot anyway. i.e. if you blood frenzy, you cant shoot.
    I was waiting for someone to say this.

His question wasn't directed at zerkers that have blood frenzied, but rather, those that are within 6" of an enemy unit. The issue of firing weapons is indeed an issue with respect to the questions, because Mindraked was wanting to know if his zerkers that were within 6" could fire at a seperate target than the ones in which they were going to charge. He didn't mention anything about frenzy.
    Last edited by Rabbit; January 23rd, 2007 at 19:55.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

At what point does the entry for the Mark of Khorne state that they have to charge the closest enemy unit?

You were partially correct, though. If there was no other enemy unit within the 6" radius, your Berzerkers would have been forced to choose the Predator as their target in the Shooting phase, since they'll be compelled to charge it in the Assault. But if there are multiple units within charge range, there's nothing stopping you from picking which unit to charge, even if that Predator might be an inch or two closer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

This is foolish and hypothetical but,

there's nothing in the codex which states that you can't have Bolters on bezerkers. Kind of like a crappy true grit.

If you rapid fire the bolters then presumably that stops you from assaulting, until you blood rage anyway.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    This is foolish and hypothetical but,

there's nothing in the codex which states that you can't have Bolters on bezerkers. Kind of like a crappy true grit.

If you rapid fire the bolters then presumably that stops you from assaulting, until you blood rage anyway.
    I am pretty sure, apart from afew exceptions, they cannot have other weaponry. Dont have my codex at hand, so don't quote me on that though. =/
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Oh, thay can have bolters. This was left as an opton since there are old Berzerker models that carry such, at least that's what they said in the first FAQ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Wouldn't they function just like Sisters of battle joined by a priest?
    Thus if there was a unit within 6 inches that they are compelled to charge, they are unable to fire their bolters as they would then not be able to charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

As long as the model has a mark of khorne it must charge if there is a enemy within charge range.
    While under the grip of blood frenzy a model with the MOK must move towards the closest enemy. ( in the movement phase.)

In a recent faq for the 13 company of space wolves they clariefied that the blood claws could not take any action in shooting phases that would prevent them from assaulting. IE Firing bolters ( a rapid fire weapon).

In keeping with the spirit of the rules I would think the same thing would apply to models wiith the mark of khorne.

In review " No you cannot shoot one unit and charge another. "

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast