berzerker squads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

berzerker squads

Hi everyone

I intend to start a khorne army of 1000 pts, just wondered how many 8 man squads of berzerkers i should have in a 1000 pts.

Also how would configure them for wargear etc..

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Greeting Matt! (You stole my name!!)
    Welcome to Librarium-Online, I hope you have a great time here.

In 1000 points I would recomend a minimum of 3 squads of 8 berzerkers, this gives you a BRILLIANT backbone to your army. I guess you could get away with 2, but 3 would be much better.

Check out the army lists forum to see what other people use.
    If you havent done so yet, check out the Librarium-Online rules. Once you have decided the base of your army then post a list up in the army lists forum, let us help you.

Enjoy your stay, and please, don't feed the Karmoon.

Cya.

~Riptor (Other Matt)~
    Last edited by Riptor; January 27th, 2007 at 09:49. Reason: Fixing some spelling errors.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Matt.. I'm also called matt.. but only on thursdays after I've put on a dress.

I jest of course, I'm not called Matt.

Righto, Bezerkers.

if a squad of bezerkers clocks in at about 200 points, then I'd say 3 is spot on. Chain axes are mandatory (almost) and for the aspchamps, I can't see any reason why not to take a powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood.

That should leave 400 points free for some anti tank (I recommend predators, boring? maybe. effective? Hell yeah

which leaves you about 100 points for a modest HQ.

I dunno man, it's your army, so post a list

I'm just here for fun and frolicks and free scraps of food apparently.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Gday, Matt.

It all depends on the rest of the army. If your HQ is about 100 points, as Karmoon said, 3-4 is right. However, take my army at 1k.

I have a HQ worth 180 odd points. So i can fit less in, but the way i see it, this bad boy pretty much counts as a squad on his own!!(same would go if you had a Bloodthirster in there).

Next, i think youll want some worth of anti-tank. I use a pred. Again, bloodthirst counts in this area i think, but its CC anti-tank. Can be harder to hit, but he gets lots of attacks.

So, after i get my HQ and Pred into the list, the rest are Beserkers!! I, however, suplement one squad of beserkers for Bloodletters, so it looks small to start with.

My list goes:
    HQ - 180 points

2x Beserker squads(8 of), about 430

1x Bloodletters(8 of)

1x Pred - 170 odd.

Seems small, but thats the price for an Elite CC army (plus take heaps of upgrades......)

As to what upgrades the squad should have. Ill start with the minimum. Frags, chainaxe, bolt pistol. AC with powerfist. For a CC unit like this, these are what you're looking for. This is also the squad people use when looking for the cheapest possible option. Now, additions:

-Furious charge on the squad is a good one. Even better on the charge. It is expensive tho.
    -Talisman on the AC for increased chance if increased movement. You can also experiment with his weapon. Some people use the Axe of Khorne, but i find s8 is more handy.
    -After this, some people will flesh out the AC to become a mini HQ. Mutation, spikey bits, master craft, etc..all in the name of more attacks, more hits. Myself, mine has Powerfist, Talisman, Strength. 'Strength??" i hear you all say. 'He's got a PF, he doesnt need it'. Well, with s10 on the charge, including furious charge, i have no problems assaulting veichles, Wraithlords, anything really. Dreadnaughts are my favourite.....

Hope this helps, Tim
    Last edited by timk1111; January 25th, 2007 at 22:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

I've tried several 1000pt configurations. I'll list them and tell how they went.

4 Berserker Squads + HQ: Not much variety. They were outmaneuvered quite a bit.
    3 Berserker Squads + Bike Squad + HQ: The bikes helped a lot with maneuvering but the lack of heavy guns meant I got pummeled by heavy fire.
    3 Berserker Squads + Dreadnought + HQ: This seems fairly balanced. Although I played Speed Freakz, and was up against a gazillion friggen Orks.
    2 Berzerker Squads + 10 Bloodletters + Dreadnought + Bloodthirster: This didn't do too badly either. I had trouble keeping the Berserkers alive, an entire squad got gutted before I could do crap-all, but the daemons did well. I was up against BL, with 3 Obliterators, a Defiler, 2 Rhinos and 4 5-man CSM squads. Ended up as a draw. Pretty good considering I was heavily outnumbered and outgunned.

A good 'core' to build upon would be something like 3 Berserkers, an Lt, and a Pred or Dread (I prefer Dreads as they're excellent in CC, which is more Khorny). Then you can add packs of daemons and other specialty troops to build your force up.
    Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Here is my suggestion. I've tried this one often and won most of my games :

2 Squads of 8 berzerkers (Axes) + AC (tooled up)
    1 rhino smoke
    The squad that is not in the rhino has the tallissement of BB and a PFist AC.
    The squad in the rhino has the AC with the AXE of khorne and a Melta Bomb
    1 squad of 8 bloodletters
    1 squad of 5 flesh hounds
    1 Predator
    1 Lieutenant with Axe of korne, melta bomb and icon, etc

They can face any kind of foe, you have a variety of movement type, you can get throucht vehicles if a clever opponent tries to lure your squads into traps, and you can get some extra protection from the rhino.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My suggestion is a tooled up glaive wielding monstrous Lord with feel no pain, strength and resilience. He needs frags too! I make him 156 points.

Two zerker squads with frags, chain axes and a champ with mutation and a powerfist in case you are forced to charge something with an armour rating, you will need the powerfist to punch through it and carry on the rampage. Talisman of burning blood is a must. They are 187 each per squad of 8.

Bloodletters are perfect and for about the same cost of a zerker squad you get power weapon attacks with strength 5 and a 3+/5+ save. Also, because they start in reserve they are not being shot to pieces from turn one. 206 points for 8 'letters.

For khorne, I prefer dreads over preds. They are just more fluffy, nothing fits in better than a psychop in a torturous sarcophagus charging alongside your troops. Fit them out with lascannons for anti-vehicle and you are good to go. 250 for the two with no fancy upgrades.

If you add it up its just under 1k with some points to play around with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

You could try what I do, which is to field two packs of 5 Bloodletters instead of one pack of 8. I find it's a bit more flexible, and 5 of 'em will usually be more than enough to take out whatever they go after (I had a 5-pack tear through 30 Guardsmen, including one Veteran squad, and take only 3 casualties)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

yatta yatta yatta, a lot of great advice, so I'll just reiterate what they've said.

I use 3 squads of 'zerkers, 1 HQ and a predator(all lascannons) at 1000 pts when I play with my khorny boys, works quite well, too. Though I usually go with Black legion, khorne strong.

2 oblits, 2 zerkers, 1 HQ(MoCU or khorne cheapy), 2 infiltrating nurgle squads(2x meltas with teleport homers).
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

I've been thinking about going for a Black Eaters/World Legion army.. stick Berserker heads on CSM bodies, etc etc... Mmm Berserker Obliterators...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast