What is so good about LatD? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is so good about LatD?

What is so good about Lost and the Damned army lists? I hear people complaining about how powerful they are, but I haven't seen any real tournament-esque lists posted here on LO. Is it the cheap creatures and the access to IG tanks that make them such a threat? Is it the sheer number of wounds?

I only ask because I plan on creating my own LatD list that will mostly be infantry based. It sounds like a fun project and that way I can have a huge four way horde battle with my friends Orks, Tyranids, and Imperial Guard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Nothing makes LatD better or worse than any other army. Masses of CC-based infantry, support from both Chaos and IG units, that's what people fear when they look at LatD. The army can come at them with a variety of setups that are all equally as effective, making it a hard army to truly plan against. People just aren't used to seeing the variety that LatD could offer, which is a reason they might decide to complain about them.

For the record, I've never heard anyone complain about LatD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    The army can come at them with a variety of setups that are all equally as effective, making it a hard army to truly plan against. People just aren't used to seeing the variety that LatD could offer, which is a reason they might decide to complain about them.
    that is probably the nicest thing about LatD. You can do a lot of things with them. You can mix or concentrate on a variety of things: a strong infiltrating army, a demon delivery system, ordnance, crazy characters, a horde of mutants and so on.

Personally I have toyed with the idea of a LatD army quite a bit, but I was in it mostly for the conversions and the crazy fluff you can do.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The Lost and the damned imo is a more advanced army type , one that has tons of options and a good amount of character. It takes a lot from the Ig and the chaos codex and adds some more subtle combos and choices to the mix. It also offers a plethera of conversion work.

Much like a SOB force the list seem very basic and staright forward , but once you get it to the table it Strenghts and weakness become very obvious and the army has the chance to gell and work like a fine tuned machine. In the hands of a experianced player the L&TD is a very tricksey and mutable force that can excell at a wide number of challenges.

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The problem when facing a LatD army is that people often have no idea on what they are gonna be facing, the list offers a lot of options to one using them.

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm making an LaTD and everyone's right, its a pretty awesome thing to experiment with, you can have a whole roudy bunch of mutants in which if you max out a squad and arrive spotless (very unlikely) to the enemies and charge them, BAM 90 attacks at strength 3 attacks (4 if khornate).
    Talking about their blessings and don't worry it was released as a PDF I'm sure you're aware so posting their rules won't matter, a nurgle blessing means they can withstand bolter fire, very appealing for just 9 points a mutant, tzentch means they get fleet and can charge 12", personally I think thats insane but it does come at a cost of 12 points per muty. As for slannesh that doesn't really float my boat the leadership minus but it is pretty low cost so thats someone else's choice.
    Now not only do mutants rock game wise and conversion wise but whats great about this army is the fact that an HQ doesn't have to cost a minimum of an entire squad's worth, you can get your basic HQ for like 27 points, so you can concentrate the rest of your points on more important things like more troops. =)
    Consider also that you can have Daemons, Lemans and Defilers in the sdame army, I mean cmon, thats gotta be worth a look.
    As for light support Traitors are a treat with small squads of em and their infiltrate ability.
    And finally I could point out much more (MUCH MUCH MORE) advantages but really I just want to point a single one out... Big Mutants...
    One damn expensive squad to convert if you don't wanna go Ogryns and mutation sprue but man o man...
    Where do I start... o yes, with a simple description which should spring anyone out of their seat who hasn't heard of this before, an entire 3 to 10 man squad of carnifexes, maybe not as bolter resistant but still worth a look at if you can get em close.
    I think thats all I gotta say for now, I'm just so happy with them brings a tear to my eye ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

LATD is so good because

1- Most LaTD players are already experienced chaos players who understand how daemons works and who have played enough games against imperial guard to understand how to use these two army together.

2- LaTD is one of the most versatile army, allowing you to combine mutants, chaos space marines, guardmen, spawn, IG tanks, Chaos defilers, obliterators, etc... You can face mostly any kind of threat with good odds of success.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LATD can be broken worse than any other army. Spawn cost very few points, and they have D6 attacks, 3+ saves, T5, and two wounds. And sorcerers can create them if they buy the right spell. Zombies can be given 4+ saves and T4 for ten points or less, and you can hide a powerfist in those squads. That, backed by a demon prince and IG tanks (and you don't need to take many traitors to get them) is nearly unbeatable. I have a friend who managed to make a list that never lost in over 50 games. He actually never lost a game with that list. The rules leave so many openings that LATD can take advantage of huge loopholes and all of the best troops in the game.
    "When one man dies it is a tragedy. When thousands die its a statistic."
    -Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

What's so good about LaTD?

2 hidden power fists guarded by 20+ T4 wounds.

And when that's over, there's angry Leman Russes looking to blast something.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well

See thats what I don't really get about horde army types... or like when I use cultists. So you have 20 guys but not all of them will get close enough for combat during assault. Also, you can still lose your combat and have to take a morale test, which given their already low ld, means you can get sweeping advanced. I understand you can take an AC with MoCU with the squad but thats just making it more expensive... am I missing something here or is there an easier way to use such a unit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast