OMG Guo Rules! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG Guo Rules!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

OMG Guo Rules!

CHECK THE RULES for the Greater Unclean One:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/guo.pdf

TEN wounds, NINE toughness.

ZOMG I am having a fit over here

2H - LEGIO HYDRA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Too bad it's not legal in 99% of the games played...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Any creature that is comparable in size to a house is ok in my book. Ten wounds...I don't think he's going anywhere. The funny thing about his stats is that a basic Thirster has the same W.S. as the Greater U.O.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

10 wounds is just obscene. Although not quite 11. That'd be rediculous, not even funny.

I don't really see anyone ever usng these huge-pointed GDs though. Yeah, they're often not legal, and how large a game would you have to be playing to warrant using a single model that costs ver 700 points?
    So yeah, it has an impressive statline, but whoever wrote those rules was just killing time.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Like most big beasties, he'd get destroyed by Genestealers. Thing is, he'd probably anniahlate the Bloodthirster in hand to hand due to his multiple wounds which i find rather annoying. The Bloodthirster, the greatest servant of the Close Combat god, one of the most expensive of the greater daemons, yet he'd get whooped by them all in CC. The Slaaneshi daemon strikes first against the Bloodthirster and always wounding on 4's aswell as ignoring all saves. The Nurgle greater daemon inflicts multiple wounds and has 10 himself. What does the Greater Daemon of Khorne have, a crappy shooting attack that will probably kill 1 model a turn and an Axe of Khorne that you can give to a basic Aspiring Champion.

Id expect the Tzeentch one to be better when its released because going by the points system they've used, he'll be the Tzeentch magic number which is the highest. Apart from that, its disappointing how easily An'ggrath would be defeated by the other Greater Daemons :cry:
    Last edited by Caluin; January 26th, 2007 at 16:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's because Forge World haven't made a Unclean One but a GREATER Unclean One, so it has to be better, and he cost so much point that you could field a Bloodthirster and a Lord of Change instead of this guy lol. But anyway, i really like him, even if he cost so much point i would use him if i wasn't playing 1k sons

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru View Post
    Like most big beasties, he'd get destroyed by Genestealers. Thing is, he'd probably anniahlate the Bloodthirster in hand to hand due to his multiple wounds which i find rather annoying. The Bloodthirster, the greatest servant of the Close Combat god, one of the most expensive of the greater daemons, yet he'd get whooped by them all in CC. The Slaaneshi daemon strikes first against the Bloodthirster and always wounding on 4's aswell as ignoring all saves. The Nurgle greater daemon inflicts multiple wounds and has 10 himself. What does the Greater Daemon of Khorne have, a crappy shooting attack that will probably kill 1 model a turn and an Axe of Khorne that you can give to a basic Aspiring Champion.

Id expect the Tzeentch one to be better when its released because going by the points system they've used, he'll be the Tzeentch magic number which is the highest. Apart from that, its disappointing how easily An'ggrath would be defeated by the other Greater Daemons :cry:
    I have to agree with magicaltux. It's not a fair comparison to pair up a c.c. match betweeen a regular ole Thirster & the Greater Unclean One. If any, it should be the Greater -vs- An'ggrath The Unbound (F.W. Thirster(
    Last edited by Caluin; January 26th, 2007 at 17:51.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I assumed you would have all realised i meant the Forgeworld Greater Daemons, clearly i was wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

They made the same mistake that they did with the Slanneshi Daemon. There is absolutely nothing special about the model, with the exception of the outrageous stat line, which does nothing to justify the high points cost.

Fearsome! Rar, oh... wait... just Daemonic Visage, which all Greater Daemons have anyways.

Toxic Discharge! Oh, just a Heavy Flamer...

Doubles all wounds! Except he's strong enough that he instant kills most things in the game anyways... might be useful against other MCs, though.

Over all, I'm dissapointed. They did fine with making the Khornate daemon stand out, but messed up on the Slaaneshi and Nurgle ones.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

*Insert 2 Nightbringers here*

Even with such a monster statline I don't think he's worth it, but then again most FW stuff is overcosted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast