modeling D. Speed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

modeling D. Speed

okay, after getting some ideas from Kamroon, and preparing some models for my army, I came up with the idea of using an Arch Heretic with a choosen Retinue to add into the CC madness, and giving them the D. Speed upgrade, since of course they would be more fitting to the shock factor of Slaanesh. When planning my models, i found this image...

perhaps someone out there could help me out in getting the hooved effect i am needing?

Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about taking some Tyranid Warrior legs, and splicing them with my lord and the choosen, but am unsure how that would turn out in the end. What are your thoughts, some input would be greatly appreciated.
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Double post. Don't do it don't want the mods to get after you. Didn't hear it from me.:ninja:

Why not just use green stuff and make a size 39 shoe? U.S. size of course.

Hmm.... But seriously do that. Joking.
    Well for daemonic speed I would definatley just make him in a running stance maybe a worldeaters set of legs would work well.
    And this also matters on if you are using a daemon prince or lord.
    If you are good enough with green stuff you can cut of part of the arm and model it in a way that he is running with that weapon.
    Ha.Ha.Ha.. finally beat Papa Karmoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Nid warrior legs could work well for you. You would just need to GS a hip, unless you wanted the tail too. Another option for the hoofed look would be to get some chaos beasts and butcher them for their legs.

edit-note* The nid warrior legs come to shoulder height on a normal marine, I think they may be a bit long for you. Beasts would be a better way to go.

GW Online : Warhammer : Beasts of Chaos : Beastlord
    GW Online : Warhammer : Beasts of Chaos : Khorngor
    GW Online : Warhammer : Beasts of Chaos : Bestigor
    GW Online : Warhammer : Beasts of Chaos : Beast Herd

If you asked me the beastlord legs would look good on a CSM lord (though I don't know about the fit) And the khorngor legs for your chosen.

Hope that helped somewhat
    Last edited by Dodge; January 30th, 2007 at 13:00.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I've used old (deadcheap) beastmen to make speed for my LatD mutants. Will get a pic soon.

Pic:
    Last edited by Andusciassus; January 30th, 2007 at 13:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I have a few chaos lords that I spliced onto the torso of a Centagor They need to get moved to a larger base but they are dead sexy, and really stand out.

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, thanks people. Just realized i had a box of beastmen (the troop ones, forget their names at the moment) that I can use for this. Then again, they have been in my garage for about a year or so...

Again, I appreciate the feedback. If you give me a box of marines, ill give you a kick-ass squad. If you give me random bits, then huston we have a problem. That about sums up my modeling ability. So, thanks for the ispiration Andu, that and your defiler have made me want to get my army ready to kick some arse.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Glad to be of help and even more glad to inspire.
    And know that if you finish your army, you will inspire me to do the same to at least one of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will do. I think i am going to use a Defiler, and make it all Slaanesh like. I wonder how hard it is to model upper torso unmentionables onto a Defiler? But yes, I will have to work on that when I have money in my pocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Marious View Post
    will do. I think i am going to use a Defiler, and make it all Slaanesh like. I wonder how hard it is to model upper torso unmentionables onto a Defiler? But yes, I will have to work on that when I have money in my pocket.
    I used to have a Defiler before getting mad at it and turning it into a Khornate dread. I can safely say there isn't ROOM on the standard Defiler model for a pair of breasts, even if I was demented enough to say it was a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    If you translate the breasts from the FW-greater Daemon, the size of a Defiler, I don't think there would be any problem fitting six such on it.
    If you like them larger, sure they might not fit, but I think the Defiler would look a bit... iffy. Like Dolly Parton 40 000. Not really my cup of tea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast