Do we really need a new codex? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we really need a new codex?

I'm sure by now everyone has heard the rumors that after Dark Angels the Chaos Codex will be updated. This will further push back the Ork codex and is supposed to focus on undivided armies solely. What does everyone think about this turn of events? Personally, I don't think we need an update that badly... in fact I'm more scared that GW will break the CSM army instead of making it better. I know many cite Iron Warriors as being the most broken legion, but I don't think that 9 obliterators is that much, however due to all the hate I'm sure that either the oblit limit or heavy support option will be altered.

The only legions I think really need a makeover are the Night Lords and Tzeentch... not enough to displace other projects like Orks and Dark Eldar by any means. If anything, they should publish the cult specific army book before undivided since it is has far too many holes and needs to be made more competitive.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've grown attached to my current army and I'm deathly afraid of some of my favorite units being altered (Raptors!) or having my list dismantled and have to move on to another. My other fear is that I'll be so drawn to one of the cult armies that I'll have to collect even more models and will never complete my collection. Being as I am so new to this game, however, is this an unrealistic view? Will we see new models that I will have to purchase for everything (like regular troop choices), will our tried and true weapons and tactics be altered somehow (autocannons), or will they take away the best thing about chaos... all of the variety and options. I personally can't think of any other army in the game that can make such a customizable list, or for that matter even a unit more customizable than our Chosen. These are all the traits that drew me to the Warp, and I hope you veterans can tell me that I am paranoid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think chaos NEEDS one, per se, but it could use one
    lots of things that could be cleared up, could have alot better format, be more user friendly, etc.

the vast customizing available to chaos armies tends to leave lots of room for errors in the current codex.

a more in depth look to specific chapter/god armies would be nice also. some of them need some bumps to begin to be competitive.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even though dark eldar and orks need it more a new chaos codex will probly mean some really awsome models so everyone should be happy
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Do you seriously think that Ork players on having thier codex put back even further will be placated by good models that other people get?

I wouldn't be.

Chaos is fine from an opponents perspective as is. It's the most flexible codex and flexibility is the key to victory. I'm always shocked when SM beat CSM.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing i fear is that they change too much things or not enough... also i think they should make the Cult Codex first because the normal one is already ok, and if they do that normal one what will all the cult players will do ? wait for their rules to be released ? it will just plain suck

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Personally, I'd just like to see an update, rather than a total redo. This way, all the loopholes and nuances can be fixed for people to see.

Things in the codex could be a little more clear and organized, such as placing all the restrictions imposed on certain armies in one area (this is done already, but its so hard to find that particular note).

But a new Chaos Codex isn't needed, I'd say just get back to the Orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I agree with micha , Chaos dosn't Need a new codex.

However that beging said , I would like a new codex hopefully somthing that dosn't make chaos just Evil space marines. Given the fluff I feel chaos should be a little more Diverse ( even the legion specific armies ) .
    I play world eaters and after over a year of gameing I do Okay , what bothers me is my lack of tacticle options. I have demons , beserkers and tanks , thats about it.
    In fact I enjoy the Worldeaters simple because the army plays itself. Due to forced moves limited vetran skills and forced charges.
    It's not that I am unhappy with my army but I would love to get it tweaked a little.

As for orks and DE I feel for them but sadly I am not incharge of production.

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all of yall, a new codex isnt a necesity. I dont see why GW doesnt just make an update in PDF format, but chaos is one of their bread and butter armies. Doesnt get much greedier than that.

I personally would like the cults to be expanded upon. Really, they only devote 2 pages to the cults, one of which is stats. Its a good kick in the butt, but perhaps a little more info into our favorite pits of hell would be nice. Then again, after seeing what they did to the eldar, everyone is gonna need to catch up IMO. An entire army with assult weapons in the face, guard have already been raped by that.

I think im rambling now, but whatever GW does, lets just hope they dont screw everyone over.
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of things that could be cleared up, could have alot better format, be more user friendly, etc.
    I think this nails it. Theres that many reprints around that GW need to do something, revising and updating the codex to be in a better format would seriously help.

dont see why GW doesnt just make an update in PDF format, but chaos is one of their bread and butter armies. Doesnt get much greedier than that.
    Think about it. The Tau codex was one of the more up-to-date codexes at the time before it was updated, and therefore it was easier to redo the codex and produce models as it required less time/money/effort. By re-releasing and updating the minatures range of a race that is still viable GW make as much money as from say Orks or DE (more in the case of DE), but without having to devote as much time or resources.
    Hive Fleet Fuzzy Bunny: Lots and lots of points of Nids (4000pts+)
    The Chapter of the Damned: 5500pts of Dark Angels
    The Children of Fulgrim: 5-6000pts of Emperors Children
    The Kabal of the Bloodied Claw: 2000pts of Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wings View Post
    Do you seriously think that Ork players on having thier codex put back even further will be placated by good models that other people get?

I wouldn't be.
    Pushing back the Ork codex in favor of Chaos wouldn't be for this reaon; it be for the same reason G.W. makes every executive decision- because there's more money to be had from chaos players than either Ork or Dark Eldar (perhaps even when combined). Hence, why we see a new space marine codex update every year. It's an unfortunate fact of the game, but in the end, business influences the game as much as anything else.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast