Help With Word Bearers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help With Word Bearers

I am trying to start into Chaos, and I was looking at wordbearers, and more specifically the one on the GW site. So I have a few questions.

Can a Daemon Prince be an HQ in Word Bearers?

Are Defilers a good idea for a 1000 point list?

Are horrors of Tzeentch effective, as I would like to use them as I think they have cool models.

What are the best things to buy first?

Thanks in advance.

Digamma Decimitio Duodecies-Death Destruction Doom

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SaintScythus View Post
    Can a Daemon Prince be an HQ in Word Bearers?
    Yes. You can even use a Greater Daemon, if you're into that. But Daemon Princes can be included in any army.

Are Defilers a good idea for a 1000 point list?
    Meh, not really, IMO. A single model with weak AV that eats up nearly 20% of your army value... sounds like a bad deal to me. I wouldn't bother until 1500, if at all.

But I dislike Defilers.

Are horrors of Tzeentch effective, as I would like to use them as I think they have cool models.
    Sadly, no. Horrors are really not worthwhile right now. Flamers have uses, but Horrors are just worthless.

What are the best things to buy first?
    Troops. The more Marines you field, the better off you'll be. Out of all the fancy toys and gadgets that Chaos can throw around, the basic Marines are still the best thing in the Codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But yea I do really like the look of Daemon Princes, so I would like that to be my HQ.

What are you thoughts on Obliterators, instead of Havocs as heavy weapon choices. I like the oblits as they have I think more modeling potential.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Obliterators a little too fragile as a complete substitute for havocs. IMO, you should use both.

What to buy: In addition to troops, you should be playtesting the various daemons. Dink around with bloodletters, daemonettes and furies. I think you'll find that they are the most effective daemons for their points.

And good luck & welcome to the darkside of life.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

troops and lots of them

word bearers have the unique advantage of being able to field up to 9 troop choices so take advantage of that! stock up on a lot of your standard chaos marine and then look at deamons.

deamonettes are great because of their low points cost, good I, and best of all rending!

bloodletters are realy powerfull, good save, high S, and powerweapon. only problem is their high cost.

(i've never realy played around with flamers, horrors, or plaguebearers, so i realy cant tell you what they're good at)

then you got furies who are probably the best deamon for all of chaos. low cost good amount of attacks and the ablity to charge almost anything whenever they're summoned.

as far as oblits vs havocs, i think you realy have to have both to be effective. oblits are good for handling realy high armoured things or being able to switch hit for whatever you need.

havocs are good (i love the autocannon ones) for hitting med armor vehicles like warwalkers and skimmers. and being to mow down heavy infintary.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I agree with Caluin on the Horrors, they are sadly enough, worthless but the Flamers on the other hand can be truely magnificient. The ammount of fire those daemons produce combined with the high quality of that fire... I just say they produce corpses.
    Try them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help so far, this is what it looks like I am going to buy.

Daemon Prince/or Figure out a better starting HQ
    Chaos Space Marines Box
    Havocs
    Daemonettes/Bloodletters/Furies
    Obliterators
    Rhino

What is the best way to make a Dark Apostle, as he looks cheaper than $35 to make, saving me money. I'm thinking about Furies as they are FA, but they all look the same. If I buy all of that how many points do you think that will get me? Also what is needed to summon Daemons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the best way to make a Dark Apostle, as he looks cheaper than $35 to make, saving me money. I'm thinking about Furies as they are FA, but they all look the same. If I buy all of that how many points do you think that will get me? Also what is needed to summon Daemons?
    some of the best and easy conversions for a dark apostle starts with a dark angel base. a big robed space marine. then find some bits to make an acursed croxis.

also i would highly suggest furies, uses a FA slot that is otherwise, for the most part, left untouched by chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few more questions.-

Could you use alternate models to represent furies like horrors? I just really like the Horror models and would really like to use them.

Are Chaos Bikers used in Word Bearers? Or are they even used at all, as I see not many lists with them in them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

In casual games, you can pretty much use whatever you want for representation. I have a friend that sometimes uses a tarantula in a very small cage to represent his tomb spiders- a living tarantula! In tournament games or games in a more profesional setting, you should get used to using properly repped models. It's one thing to create your own model or convert models from fantasy, but to use one model in 40K to represent another model in 40K is not going to set well with other players. In some cases, they might flat out refuse the representation.

Bikes: Good question. For the most part, bikes aren't worth their points IMHO. Most players on Librarium Online feel about the same, which is why you don't see many bikes in lists. My advice would be to test them out before buying them. Proxy them (but with something similiar to bikes- not tarantulas!).

If you're looking at making a daemon bomb with bikes as your summoning point, then this tactic is fairly well practiced. It can be a hit or miss against some armies, such as I.G.- i.e., those armies with lots of high powered shots. In my experience, bikes used as summoning points for the daemon bomb either work very well or get demonlished. If I were you, I'd focus more on basic infantry and daemons, as these are your strong points. My two pennies.
    Last edited by Rabbit; February 5th, 2007 at 04:55.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast