Some nagging Chaos questions... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampiric CSM Army

I hope I've posted this in the right forum this time *crosses fingers*

1. Am I right in assuming a Daemon Prince that doesn't take Daemonic Stature is man-sized and can join units, not be picked out from shooting etc etc?

2. Fluffwise, in which Legion would a Vampiric Daemon Prince fit? (y'know, pale face, bad accent, high collared cape type vampire, say like Von Carstein from WF

3. And if such a Vampire was to be made, what Mark/Daemonic Gifts/Wargear/etc would one give him? (assuming that if the theory in Qn 1 is correct, that I don't want to give him Stature)

Cheers
    The Count

Last edited by Count Benignito; February 4th, 2007 at 03:59.
    The four shall take their place amongst the stars,
    Their legions ascendant, unstoppable as the night
    A deadly shroud shall fall across the spirit
    And the galaxy shall mourn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Benignito View Post
    1. Am I right in assuming a Daemon Prince that doesn't take Daemonic Stature is man-sized and can join units, not be picked out from shooting etc etc?
    That's correct. Daemon Prince is a misnomer. In reality, there's only two types of Lords - those with Stature, and those without. So long as you don't have Stature, you can enjoy all the benefits of being an IC, no matter the amount of gifts you have.

The only exception to this is the Berzerker Glaive.

2. Fluffwise, in which Legion would a Vampiric Daemon Prince fit? (y'know, pale face, bad accent, high collared cape type vampire, say like Von Carstein from WF
    Tough call, but probably Night Lords. They've got the whole "I'm BATMAN!" thing going on, so probably come closest.

3. And if such a Vampire was to be made, what Mark/Daemonic Gifts/Wargear/etc would one give him? (assuming that if the theory in Qn 1 is correct, that I don't want to give him Stature)
    Er, that's entirely up to your fluff. Though I could imagine a Slaaneshi Lord with all the Leadership based powers. While not very effective, the powers are pretty fluffy for Charismatic vampires. Though, this would restrict you from Night Lords.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

While the rules for Khorne may not reflect Vampires very well, the fluff certainly could..

"Blood for the Blood God" and all that jazz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

I can see arguments for ALL the chaos powers

Khorne for the obvious blood references
    Slaanesh for the Ld-focus and the tradition Vampiric powers of domination
    Nurgle for the fact that Vampirism is a disease and he'd be spreading it, much like the Plague Zombie disease (I see some potential for a LaTD army - curses, no DP's in LaTD)
    Tzeentch for the sorcerous power many Vampires posess, and the feeling of manipulator, or puppet master associated with Vampires

The Night Lords idea DID pop into my head, but I'm exploring all the options ATM

Ok, maybe I can make Qn 3 a little simpler: what Gifts/Marks/Wargear/etc would you DEFINATELY NOT give to such a Lord/Prince?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Honestly, I'd see Vampires using either the Mark of Chaos Undivided, the Mark of Slaanesh, or the Mark of Nurgle.

Undivided because of their superb leadership and all that, plus it's cheap. Slaanesh because they're quite agile. Nurgle because they're quite resilient, e.g., only wooden stakes in the heart can kill them blah blah.

The Mark of Khorne not so much, because it makes them too...frenzied. The image of the Vampire in my mind is of a cold, calculating individual, not a foaming at the mouth, blood-drenched berzerker. The Mark of Tzeentch is just as bad - they're a bunch of metallic zombies! Vampires aren't like that at all. Too slow, those blokes.

As for Wargear/Weapons, almost anything can be argued for. Daemonic Speed? Well, they are ultra fast, and can turn into mist or whatever. Flight? They can turn into giant bats. They're stronger and tougher than humans, etc. etc.

I'd say you're free to do whatever you want with Wargear and Weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers again.

Ok, getting down to the nitty gritty now...

Would a Lord with Mark Of Nurgle, Manreaper, Infiltrate, D. Strength, D. Mutation, D. Speed work with the whole Vampiric idea?

And another quick thought, would Gift of Chaos be fluffy? But rather than a Chaos Spawn, he's biting them and they're becoming Vampires?

Keeping in mind that I probably won't be using him in a Death Guard list, what other units in the codex would fit into this theme? Perhaps a parallel with Vampire counts could be drawn, especially with the new Army Book coming out soon...

Oh, and incase of some confusion, only the Lord/Prince is actually a vampire, and maybe Asp. Champs, the rest of the army would either be mortals, or some other element of the Vampire's army (e.g. Zombies, Wraiths, etc)
    Last edited by Count Benignito; February 4th, 2007 at 02:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

[QUOTE=Lost Nemesis;871994]Honestly, I'd see Vampires using either the Mark of Chaos Undivided, the Mark of Slaanesh, or the Mark of Nurgle.

As for Wargear/Weapons, almost anything can be argued for. Daemonic Speed? Well, they are ultra fast, and can turn into mist or whatever. Flight? They can turn into giant bats. They're stronger and tougher than humans, etc. etc.
    [QUOTE]

id have to say Undivided, this gives the greatest flexibility. And funny the call on Batman, Caulin!!! haha cruel but fair:p Night Lords fit perfectly. as well as acute senses? sounds good!

But LN has it spot on, go for the speed, resilience, vampire like traits. weapons i dunno, dreadaxe seems funny- lord takes the blood, axe takes the soul! no wasteage! lol

but go a non daemonic weapon i reckon. and slap on master crafted, this seems fitting- and spiky bits + MC follows the theme of "im cold and calculating, i dont swing this weapon and miss". actually i like that alot.

i think you sould go something like night lords, acute senses, resilience, essence, speed, visage. armour is your call. Inv++ never hurts. this gives toughness and swiftness vampire traits. the MC + Spiky Bits give the calculating coldness to him, and maybe counter attack- i have this picture in my head of the witch hunter frenzily tring to get to you, and instead, with blinding speed, you counter-attack and tear his head off... but this doesnt fit too good with daemonic speed, eh? oh well, go furious charge:p i also think you shouldnt tool him up too much, so he has a bigger posse with him, seeing as a vampire has all the power and usually a big bodyguard, all to die before he does, as befits his status!

even maybe buy a WHFB Vampire Counts Fell Bat, and use that as a chaos hound, or replace the vampire everytime you use a jump pack etc. or use fell bats/ bat swarms as furies, that'd be sweet!
    Last edited by jONESIE; February 4th, 2007 at 03:04. Reason: oops, didnt quote properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

+ Reply to Thread