Chaos vehicle rules help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos vehicle rules help

One of my two friends who plays warhammer has finished his chaos LR, and my other friend was telling me about it today. He told me I wouldn't be able to attack it in CC because of some rule called "spikey bits" or something. Then he told me I couldn't kill it because it's daemonically possessed. Could someone clarify where he might be getting this from? I don't have much experience with Chaos, and I think my friend just has too big of an imagination.:rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click here to play 40k online

Member of the VASSAL 40k Clan

VASSAL record
    Necrons 1/0/0

Last Game
    Solid Victory vs Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Sounds like bull to me.

The only spikey bits I know of are wargear.

Daemonic possession is a vehichle upgrade but it doesn't mean it can't be killed (iirc it just makes it harder).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Yep, it sounds like a load of melarchy.
    The next time your friend tries something like this, ask to see the Chaos Codex.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I figured. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click here to play 40k online

Member of the VASSAL 40k Clan

VASSAL record
    Necrons 1/0/0

Last Game
    Solid Victory vs Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Living vehicle would give the Land raider some CC potential, but it's negligible.

Mutated hull is useless on a landraider.

Daemonic possession means that he can't transport any troops. Although as The Outsider suggested it certianly makes it more surviveable.

He's cheating.

If he doesn't know your codex, now is the time to say that your firewarriors have assault 36, S6 AP3 guns.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rimciv View Post
    Then he told me I couldn't kill it because it's daemonically possessed.
    That's like, the BEST upgrade, EVER.

"I pay X points, and now my tank is unkillable. Auto-win for me, yay!"

Sheesh. Some people.

There's a couple of things it could have. Dedication to Tzeentch gives it some measure of defense if you assault it. There's also Living Vehicle, but that's a trash upgrade. Daemonic Possession is a great upgrade, means you can't Shake or Stun it, but it loses the ability to transport troops.

But I must repeat - there is no upgrade ever that makes anything unkillable. That's just silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    melarchy.
    I know how you feel. My friend's (Imp Guard) medi-pack not only allowed the squad to toss the first failed save every time a squad shot at it, it also allowed units within 6" of the medic to do this. What this boiled down to is me asking what was this wonderful upgrade, me staring at him while he stared at the same page of his Codex for about 8 and a half minutes, and then telling me to keep playing and he'd let me know when he found it. That was a good day. :w00t: except more like (

But I'm pretty sure when you put spiky bits on a Land Raider it confers 17 armour on all sides, and allows it to attack in close combat with its lascannons. For 10 poitns is a great upgrade.

Joke! It was a joke! Please don't kill me!

What your friend may be referring to is parasitic possession where he gets a chance to repair weapon destroyed or immobilized results. Overall it just sounds like he's being a butthead though. Yeah, that's right, I went there.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No base to base contact

How about this level of rules lawyering?

If you place all the chaos vehicle "spiky bits" on the accessory sprew in such a way that no model can get into base to base contact with the Land Raider, then no one can charge it because no model can get into base-to-base!

Brilliant!
    Immune to close combat!
    :shifty:

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I knew someone that did that I would probably never play them. I can see a particular smart person trying to get away with that and in a way it makes sense, but it's borderline cheating and is cheesy as hell. If i played that I would start putting my guys on top of the tank and assaulting it if he wants to be like that. then a couple days after I could just play his game..."hey i have tentacles on all my plague marines making it impossible to get base to base with them!" "and you cant shoot them because the tentacles disorients their image making them hard to aim at!" C'mon this game is about strategy and learing from your mistakes not about winning and creating some uber undestroyable machine of killiness

PAZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kb10r View Post
    If you place all the chaos vehicle "spiky bits" on the accessory sprew in such a way that no model can get into base to base contact with the Land Raider, then no one can charge it because no model can get into base-to-base!

Brilliant!
    Immune to close combat!
    :shifty:
    Hey, that's a good idea! I have lots of leftover spiky tank bits from my predator, I could totally pull that off! But seriously, I think if they do that you should just say the spiky bits constitute the new edge fo the tank so charging units just don't have to move as far to get into CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Armored Zombie View Post
    If I knew someone that did that I would probably never play them. I can see a particular smart person trying to get away with that and in a way it makes sense, but it's borderline cheating and is cheesy as hell. If i played that I would start putting my guys on top of the tank and assaulting it if he wants to be like that. then a couple days after I could just play his game..."hey i have tentacles on all my plague marines making it impossible to get base to base with them!" "and you cant shoot them because the tentacles disorients their image making them hard to aim at!" C'mon this game is about strategy and learing from your mistakes not about winning and creating some uber undestroyable machine of killiness
    Yeah, I've stopped inviting the medi-pack guy when we play now, and it's just a lot more fun. I wish I could remember some of the other more ridiculous things he did... I remember ISTs had the same stats as Space Marines once, that was interesting. "You wound on a what? A four? How do you wound on a four? Oh you forgot? That's convenient."
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

+ Reply to Thread